Pyaar Ke Do Naam - Ek Raadha Ek Shyaam

About --> Pyaar Ke Do Naam (Page 2)

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:03pm | IP Logged

The return to innocence

Screen On & Off
Barkha Bisht and Indraneil Sengupta at the Oberoi Grand on Wednesday. Picture by Aranya Sen

He was a model reluctant to get into television. She was a small-time actress waiting to make it big. Now, Indraneil Sengupta and Barkha Bisht are the new Barjatya couple on TV as Rajshri Productions forays into STAR Plus with Pyaar Ke Do Naam… Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam.

The young twosome was in the city on Wednesday to promote the new soap, which goes on air from April 3, every Monday to Thursday at 8 pm.

Revolving around reincarnation, the soap has both Indraneil and Barkha playing two characters each in two periods, one contemporary, the other in the 1960s. With a record eight songs, in true Barjatya style, Pyaar Ke Do Naam... "is inspired by the classical love saga of Radha and Shyam", with these two lovers destined to be with each other in every birth.

Having made it from among 800-odd candidates, Barkha is sure one happy girl. "I did MTV's Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi after winning the Balaji-MTV talent hunt last year," recalls the girl who studied in Calcutta for two years. "Thereafter I did bit roles in Balaji serials like Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai and Kavyanjali. This is the first time I am getting to play a lead role."

For Indraneil, a Bengali model born and brought up in Ahmedabad and seen in commercials like VIP Frenchie and Indigo Marino, the Rajshri offer was almost force fed. "After being offered B-grade sex flicks, I got an American agent for myself who asked me to just go for this audition," says the man who was considered for the lead of Anjan Das's Iti Srikanta. "Right through the different stages of auditions, they kept asking me to get rid of my long hair and stubble but I kept refusing. Finally, I had to, when the deal was almost sealed."

Since then, both Barkha and Indraneil have become Raadha and Shyaam by day and Shyama and Kishan by night. "It's really difficult to go through three costume changes in a day for the two different characters I play," says Indraneil. "But I have developed a liking for acting and it is quite fun now."

Having shot 20 episodes already, Barkha feels special. "It's a different feeling altogether when you know that the show is about you," she says. "And the Barjatyas give that kind of respect and importance to you on the sets."

Incidentally, neither Indraneil nor Barkha spoke on the sets till they actually shot together. "I thought he was so snooty he couldn't even say a 'Hi' to me, but later I found out that he was just a reserved guy," says Barkha. "Now, we are really good friends and the chemistry shows on screen."

We have to wait till April 3 to find out. Pyaar Ke Do Naam... is being handled by Kavita Barjatya and directed by Kaushik Ghatak.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
 Barkha
Miss.Supriya IF-Sizzlerz
Miss.Supriya
Miss.Supriya

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:16am | IP Logged

'Pyaar Ke Do Naam...Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam' on Star Plus
Monday - Mar 13, 2006
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent
Star Plus and Sooraj Barjatya have joins hands to launch its new show, 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam...Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam', in the 8.00 p.m. slot Starting April 3, every Mon to Thurs. 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam...Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam' is the first tie, up between the two media, sovereigns Star Plus and Rajshri Productions, which has already bagged Bollywood hits like Maine Pyaar Kiya, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Hum Saath Saath Hai, and the recent venture Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon, to its fame.

Shailja Kejriwal, Senior Creative Director, Star India said, "We are very excited about Pyaar Ke Do Naam... Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam. A re, incarnation love story is being done after a long time, especially on Hindi television. The show has a lot of beauty, music and unique moments, it definitely has a new flavor in the telling of a love story. Rajshri Productions and their team have put in a lot of passion and commitment in the making of the show and we are hoping it will infuse new life into the Star Plus 8 p.m. slot".

A story based on the mystical concept of reincarnation, 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam...Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam' is inspired by the eternal classical love, saga of Raadha & Shyaam. An unfulfilled love story of the two characters Kisan & Shyaama, played by the fresh and charming duo , Barkha Bisht & Inderniel Sen Gupta. This eternal love, tale is of Kisan & Shyaama, who are destined to be with each other in every birth but are however separated before their aspirations get fulfilled. With its heart, tugging moments, novel relationships and unique portrayal of romance, this show has a character unique to Rajshri productions and promises to be a crowd, puller.

Striving to strike a chord especially with the young Indian viewers, 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam...Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam' will be a wholesome family entertainment, produced by Rajshri Production whose television division is headed by the young & talented, Kavita Barjatya.

Kavita Barjatya, Head, TV Content, Rajshri Productions said, "It's a story about the call of love, the power of love. This can happen to any of us that we cross paths with our soul mates. It would be a dream come true. This story brings across the heights a relationship can go to and the depths of love."

Directed by the veteran Kaushik Ghatak, who has also directed the highly successful television serials, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Sanjivani; and written by Shashi & Sumeet Mittal, 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam...Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam' will also see the return of beloved actress, Tabassum and the veteran actor Ramesh Deo.

Miss.Supriya IF-Sizzlerz
Miss.Supriya
Miss.Supriya

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:19am | IP Logged

Double treat for TV buffs
SHOWBUZZ NETWORK | Friday, March 24, 2006 11:26:26 IST
Two new serials Aur Ek Kahani and Pyaar Ke Do Naam Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam to be aired this summer
< name=frm ="return chksubmit()" =site_search/sitesearch1.asp method=post> </>

Two new serials re ready to hit the airwaves this summer. Produced by Manju Singh, Ek Kahani, a much-acclaimed short-story series of the late 80s, has achieved a unique distinction of presenting stories with restraint and sensitivity.
Rooted in Indian soil, with actors from all over the country, the people in Ek Kahani looked and acted realistically, achieving a kind of  realism, ever seen earlier. Ek Kahani is being revived as 'Aur Ek Kahani' from March 20, at 10:00 pm on DD1.
All the stories are new, well selected and written by eminent contemporary writers who have given an authentic touch to it. 'Aur Ek Kahani' portrays how a rich diverse culture gives rise to a rich and varied literature.
Another serial, which will be making its debut is 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam...Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam'on Star Plus. Produced by Sooraj Barjatya, it will be aired, Monday to Friday at 8:00 pm starting April 3.
The story based on reincarnation - the eternal classical love saga of Raadha and Shyaam inspires 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam'. An unfulfilled love story of two characters, Kisan and Shyaama, played by fresh faces Barkha Bisht and Inderniel Sen Gupta.
This is the undying tale of Kisan and Shyaama who are destined to be together in every birth but get separated before their aspirations are fulfilled. With its novel relationships and unique portrayal of romance, this show has a character unique to Rajshri Productions and promises to be a crowd-puller.

Miss.Supriya IF-Sizzlerz
Miss.Supriya
Miss.Supriya

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:20am | IP Logged

Twice as nice!

Indraneil and Barkha get set for Sooraj Barjatya's reincarnation saga on Star.

Shirin Abbas

If you hadn't had enough of the dreamy eyes, the wicked smile and the overdose of romance, get set for a double dose. Yes, dreamboat

Indraneil Sen Gupta, the model who wooed Sheetal Mallar with elan in the Indigo Marina ad is playing male lead against Barkha Bisht in Sooraj Barjatya's latest television serial— Pyaar Ke Do Naam, Ek Raadha Ek Shyaam which makes a small screen debut from April 3 next.

In Lucknow on a promotional visit, Indraneil and Barkha spoke to Express Newsline about their new serial and other interests. While Barkha is already a veteran of several Balaji (read K) serials, it's a shaky first for Indraneil who admits to hoping he flunked the auditions even as the Barjatya's were finalising their lead for the serial.

"My first priority was and is the big screen but I wanted to do certain kind of films only. You could say I didn't like the roles I got and didn't get the roles I liked, so turned to the small screen." The model turned actor says he deliberately quoted an astronomical amount to the Barjatyas hoping that would make them turn him down. "But they said yes and it was largely financial gains which drew me to the role. That and the fact that the total serial revolves around two characters— both of which I was playing."

This Ahmedabad boy chucked his marketing job and landed in Mumbai with very little in his pocket to match the big dreams in his head, but had a lucky start with ad campaigns that made him a favourite. "Earlier I had made it to the top five in the Gladrags Manhunt contest. I did a lot of ads that showed off my toned physique to an advantage, earning me the nickname of the 'Salman Khan of the modellling world.' This role will give me a chance to show my acting prowess as well."

So is he even half as romantic as he is seen on screen with Sheetal?

"Nope. I am a typical Virgo— a very practical, real person, lots of unsaid, unexpressed emotions. It's just that women assume I am very romantic after seeing that ad," he admits.

Playing romantic lead with Indraneil should be lucky for Barkha Bisht, an ardent Salman Khan fan. If it's not the real man, she can have his counterpart from the modellling world. "As I see it, I am playing my first lead role in TV with the Barjatyas and Salman Khan made his screen debut with them too. I think this sould prove lucky for me," says the petite girl, seen before in teleserials like Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi, Kasauti Zindagi Ki, Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai and more lately Kavyanjali. "My role in this serial is very different from any other that I have played. It is an out and out love story based around a reincarnation— something we haven't really seen on television and the fact that it is the Barjatyas behind it, makes it al the more important for me." the lass admits.

This youngest of three siblings Barkha was born in Dehradun but has spent a considerable part of her life in Pune. She admits she has delivered a surprise package for her family through her choice of career but still retains the position of fav maasi with her ten-year-old nephew. Speaking on her camaraderie with her male co-actor, Barkha says while initially she found Indraneil a little reserved and even snobbish, she later realised he was a person of very strong likes and dislikes and is glad she features on the former list.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

IndraDaga Goldie
IndraDaga
IndraDaga

Posted: 05 April 2006 at 1:14am | IP Logged
As the forum for Pyar ke do naam have been opened i m moving this thread in that section Smile
jee_23 Goldie
jee_23
jee_23

Posted: 06 April 2006 at 8:23am | IP Logged
thnks 4 the nice infos. n updates
Indrunil Rox
tina potter Senior Member
tina potter
tina potter

Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
thanks for all thw info Smile

Go to top