Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Idle chat with Anuj, Sandeep, Karunya

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:15pm | IP Logged

Idle chat!

Sandeep, Anuj and NC Karuya talk to Priyanka Dasgupta about how they remain friends even while being competitors

• How are you feeling now? Sandeep Acharya (22, from Bikaner):
I'm excited. But yes, halka phulka nervous bhi hoon main.
Anuj Sharma (31, from Dehri):
There was a time when I used to watch these shows and marvel at those who reached this level. Having being able to make it here definitely makes me pleased as a punch.
NC Karunya: (20, Hyderabad)
I'm excited but have no goosebumps. All this hype is making me a little insecure.

• Did you always want to take up music as your career?
S: I have done my BSc before taking up music as my career. My father is a mines contractor and both my parents sing bhajans. A: I was keen on music but never took it up seriously till the time I reached college. My brother forced me to take up music for graduation. Subsequently, I completed my masters in music from the Amritsar University. I am taking training in classical music from Pt Baldevraj Varma, the exponent of the Indore gharana. K: I have always dreamt of being a singer. Yet, I had a passion for academics as well. I was doing my third year in electronics and communication engineering when I decided to give a shot at this contest. My cousin, Hemachandra, is a contestant in another talent hunt show. He is two years younger to me and we are great pals.

• What do you think is the USP of your fellow contestants?
S: Anuj has a great range. Karunya has a very strong classical base. A: Sandeep has a very soft voice and Karunya is a good training in classical music. K: Sandeep has a very impressive smile and Anuj floors people with his looks.

• Who is your Indian idol?
S: Kishore Kumar A: Sonu Nigam K: Kishore Kumar

• Share a secret with our readers.
S: People know I love to eat. But they don't know that I am a very good mimic too! A: I love to compose and am a lyricist as well. K: I used to eat chalk pieces in school.

• If you had the power to bring back one of the contestants, who would that be?
S: Antara Mitra A: Meenal Jain or Antara Mitra K: Amey Date

• Do you miss not having girls in the final round?
S: Yes, I do. A: I am missing all my friends. K: I love to hang around with girls and their presence in the final round would definitely give me a kick.

• Do you have a girlfriend?
S: No. A: I've been dating a software engineer for three years. Vanita, my fiancee, is working in Pune and my strongest critic. We plan to tie the knot soon. K: I have had crushes but never had any serious relationship. I'm too busy for girlfriends.

http://epaperdaily.timesofindia.com/

ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
thanks sonya Smile .so these guys want meenal,antara and amey back.......I told you so....they make a HUGE DIFFERENCE. till top 5 everything was going splendidly..then started to nose dive... Cry.after amey left karunya fan club has become dormant....thanks to pragya,we are able to muster some enthusiasm.....

I myself dont care whether karu becomes II2 too much...but by the end of the show he shd stand tall like my other 2 favs..ARIJIT Tongue and HEMACHANDRA Tongue .
ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
I know karunya misses amey.amey was like adrenaline for karunya..they would have rocked in the finals.
buttercup IF-Stunnerz
buttercup
buttercup

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
thanks ... karu eats chalk in skool Embarrassed .. how cute... Tongue
srk_kadz IF-Rockerz
srk_kadz
srk_kadz

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
WOW...Karunya wants 2 bring back Amey!!dat is really very nice of him Smile
innocent_devil IF-Dazzler
innocent_devil
innocent_devil

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Thanks!
datspreets Goldie
datspreets
datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
I agree amey , n karu were gr8 together !
wish tehy ver top 2
Mishubaa IF-Rockerz
Mishubaa
Mishubaa

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 12:10am | IP Logged
THTS NICE OF KARUNYA TO SAY THT AMEY SHOULD COME BCAK HE WAS HIS RUE COMPETITOR...................WHT SAY GUYS

Go to top