Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

It is a copy of Sleeping with the enemy

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
You all must have seen many of the remakes of "Sleeping iwth the enemy".But Dil se di dua…Saubhagyavati Bhava? is copied from "Sleeping with the enemy" A julie roberts movie...

According to WIKI

Plot

Laura Burney (Julia Roberts) lives in a beautiful home by the beach on Cape Cod with her husband, Martin (Patrick Bergin), a charmingly handsome and wealthy investment counselor who is also possessive, abusive, and controlling. It becomes clear that he has OCPD (obsessive-compulsive personality disorder), and while she tries to abide by his needs, she seems to suffer under the strain. Martin believes Laura has been flirting with an attractive neighbor, and he physically assaults her as punishment. The abuse is an ongoing routine, which began immediately after their wedding. To escape Martin, Laura, whom Martin believed to be a non-swimmer, plans and fakes her own death at sea in a storm while the couple are boating. Unbeknownst to Martin, she swims to safety, having recently taken swimming lessons at the YWCA. She secretly returns home, retrieves some clothing and cash she had hidden away in preparation, disguises herself, and leaves home after flushing her wedding ring down the toilet.

Laura moves to Cedar Falls, Iowa. In preparation, she has told Martin that her mother, Chloe Williams (Elizabeth Lawrence), died, and pretended to attend the funeral, but secretly she had moved her to a nursing home in Iowa. She rents a modest house and adopts the name Sara Waters. In Cedar Falls, she meets Ben Woodward (Kevin Anderson), who teaches drama at the local college. A relationship develops, but suffers a setback when Ben discovers that her real name is not Sara. After a date, Laura is unable to be physically intimate with Ben, and the next day, she confesses that she is on the run from an abusive husband. Martin receives a chance phone call from a friend of Laura's from the YWCA, learning of Laura's swimming lessons. His suspicions aroused, Martin heads home and finds the ring in the toilet bowl, where it failed to flush. From the Cape Cod nursing home, he learns that Laura's mother is alive, and has her traced to the nursing home in Iowa. He visits the blind woman without revealing his identity and learns from her that Laura is seeing a college drama teacher in Cedar Falls.

Martin finds Laura and Ben at a local fair, then follows her to her home. After leaving idiosyncratic clues around the house for Laura to find, Martin confronts Laura. Ben appears at the door and Martin, brandishing a gun, threatens to kill Ben if she doesn't make him leave. Laura talks to Ben and he appears to leave, but then breaks down the door and struggles with Martin, who knocks him unconscious. As he aims the gun at Ben, Laura distracts and attacks Martin, who drops the gun, and she manages to take control of it; she fires at Martin but misses. Martin dares her to call the police; Laura calls the police saying that she just killed an intruder. She shoots him three times, Martin falls to the ground, and she drops the pistol. Laura collapses, sobbing, but Martin grabs her and points the gun at her. He pulls the trigger but the gun only clicks empty and Martin sags lifelessly. Ben is revived by Laura and they embrace as Martin's dead body lies on the ground with Laura's wedding ring inches from his hand.

About Remakes

Remakes

Sleeping with the Enemy had the same storyline of the 1980 Malayalam film Manjil Virinja Pookkal. The film has been remade in India four times, as Yaraana (1995), Daraar (1996), Agni Sakshi (1996) and Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe (2002), all in Hindi. The Tamil film Aval Varuvalaand Telugu film "Pelli" also seem to be inspired by Sleeping with the Enemy. There is also a remake in Pakistan called Khilona (1997) starring Meera and Shaan.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitamalik thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
It's basically like the Hindi Film Daraar- with Juhi and Arbaaz Khan! I really loved that movie- and still get scared of it till date haha! So seeing this concept in a drama form is really interesting! I'm really liking the drama so far. It's realistic and god knows how many people go through this abuse.
pranita1202 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
this is a remake of daraar which was based on julia's sleeping wid the enemy
i love both  the films thats why i started watching it
but in this series their a whole family of the heroine whereas in both d movies she only had old mother

really looking 4ward when she will runaway n then find her real knight in shining armour
then her husband would hunt 4 her . ultimate thriller
btw both actors r doing fab job
CANNOT thumbnail
It is not a copy It is a remake!
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
omg...this is so interesting...if it is follows even 50 pc of the original storyline we have a cracker of a serial in our hand!
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks for the Info Pia. I actually didnt knw so much. I just saw the movie Daraar and liked it.
Anyway.. Im glad that d concept is on TV. Im in love wid the leads
FireSafireFiree thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
yes its true.. but i have a feeling they will change viraj soon... he wil change with time
Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 Cracker of a concept with superlative performances. My only concern is that the pace is real quick for a daily show, the CVs may find it a difficult to sustain it later. This one is an edge of the seat thriller, spoiling us audience who will always expect the unexpected. Another thing I feel wherein the show is a little different  from the original film, is when it comes to Jahnvi's feelings for Viraj. Jahnvi realises that Viraj is not 'normal' and there is an undercurrent of 'love' for him, which may or may not be misplaced. Now with her being shown pregnant, will it be possible for her to wipe out all traces of Viraj from her life and begin life anew?.