Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Does a baby complete a "woman"? (Page 3)

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 09 April 2006 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Signora2

Thanks Minnie for the insight, Clap.
"However, I would say, it's not the birth itself which completes a mother, it's having that life in your hands which you know is going to be moulded by you gives that feeling. Those who cannot conceive, it does not make you incomplete." Minnie

Very well said !Clap! Its not the birthing experience , but raising a life thats important . I think many of us forget to emphasise on that !! ( or do not realise the differenceWacko)

Some people may not understand the love one feels for their furry babies as love that is as strong as a mothers love for her child . I have two fur babies( dogs , but i call them fur babies because thats what they are). My babies need me like any other baby needs their mother . There have been times when one of my baby's foot got caught in a rock while we went treaking . She let out this heart wrenching yelp and looked my way . I can not just describe the panic i felt and how i rushed to her and removed her foot. Then the moment i did that this 42 pound big fur baby jumped on my lap like a baby does after a scary episode . These are some of my many incidents where i have felt the surge of motherly love taking care of my babies.

This motherly love can come taking care of a furry animal , adopted child,biological child or any baby( human or animal) that is helpless and needs your attention.

Edited by Aparna_BD - 09 April 2006 at 3:04pm

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 09 April 2006 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Clap Clap Clap

WOW minnie di...very very well said

yea i guess women unable 2 bear children might be looked down upon in indian or pakistani socity but other than that i think its the fulfillment of being a parent that makes the woman have a child....i really dunno wat 2 rite...im sure i can answer this quetion better wen i grow up
SuperGrl126301 Goldie
SuperGrl126301
SuperGrl126301

#Akela Banner Contest Winner!!

Posted: 09 April 2006 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
I dun think that a having a baby is necessary for a complete woman... i think that living life to the fullest is. Reaching ur goals, dreams, and living a happy life. Babies arent necessary. these tv shows r nothing but BS.
MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 17 May 2006 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Hmm.. ok All the mothers here have explained clearly the meaning of motherhood.. and i appreciate that! Clap

But i think the point here is that if a woman is not able to have a child, does SHE THINKS that she is incomplete???

To me, if anybody says that a woman is incomplete without marriage, without child, etc., then i believe they r questioning on the HUMAN ASPECT of woman. Does anyone think that man is incomplete without marriage,child? I am saying that we all r humans. GOD created us in the best way, best manner. Who r we to question anyone's completeness through these intangible and subjective matters. Is the society trying challenge Nature by saying that if a particular condition is not satisfied (child in this case),then we r going to debar her from being a complete woman???!!!! Rubbish!!! Angry

I believe that a woman is COMPLETE the day when she was born. She doesn't need a certificate from the society to do so. If a woman just says to herself that "Yes, I am a woman, and im proud being a Woman." Simply there's no space left for anything else. She is the miracle created by GOD and people shouldn't even dare to doubt or set conditions on her, her completeness, her individuality.

All i am saying is that daughterhood, sisterhood marriage, motherhood and Career are Important PARTS/ASPECTS of a woman's life. These noble aspects of woman shouldn't be used to question her individuality, her identity.

Edited by MNMS - 17 May 2006 at 9:03am
syrene Goldie
syrene
syrene

Posted: 17 May 2006 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Motherhood is not just a physical state but a state of mind.If you choose not to become a mother or life's circumstances prevent you from having children, find other means to attain the leadership lessons of motherhood.
Oprah Winfrey, for instance, is incredibly nurturing and empathetic as well as a very powerful CEO, yet she has no biological children. Yet she spends more than 1billion$ to help underprivilaged children. Many childless, giving women channel their generous spirits into good causes. Not only do they receive food for the soul, but they become balanced and complete.

Every woman has a mother in her the minute she is born and it is up to her to choose how she brings out the nurturing, caring and empathy that only a mother can have...and as long as she does that it doesnt matter whether she has given birth to a child or not ....she most defintely is complete.
Shezaadi Goldie
Shezaadi
Shezaadi

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Wow great views on this subject!!!

Well there is someone in my family and a few years back she was told that she could not have children. and I guess it really depends on the views of the people, because I know that she always had a dream of having a child. She told me how she always wanted a baby, but when the doctor told her that she couldn't have any children she was completely shattered, Like I can't even explain it. She had this one dream of having a child and it couldn't come true. Imagine having one this one dream that you live for, and then you find out that it's impossible to accomplish.

the people around us didn't make it any easier for her, everywhere she went people would somehow bring the subject up and it was very hard for her.

this woman said it herself that she felt incomplete, but as it was mentioned earlier in this topic that it's not the birthing experience its the idea of rasing the child. I remember this woman also considered adopting a child.

But this woman was very strong and she din't give up, eventually the doctor's figured out the problem and now she has a daughter and is very happy. U know how they say, "If you dream of something hard enough, You will get it"

It's just that in our society it's such a bad thing, and the people don't realise how hard it is on the person who is going through all this.

-Areej

Edited by Shezaadi - 18 May 2006 at 4:26pm
MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 18 January 2007 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Bump Smile
ani11 IF-Sizzlerz
ani11
ani11

Posted: 18 January 2007 at 8:48am | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 2:54pm