My utmost compliment and a Digress!!

Posted: 12 years ago

Most Importantly-

I really wish to convey my admiration and appreciation to the indefatigable team of πŸ‘ Tanthya, Serial Junkie, Shy Babe, Ms Universe' Sushpective (love the id) and Head over Heels for unfailing putting in their analysis and viewpoint of the day' episode which has become very much a part of my everyday ritual to view and read. I am sure everyone in the forum will second that they contribute a very special dimension to our viewing pleasure. Hats off to all of you and oh yes before I also forget to mention- there are also others likeπŸ‘ Mary Barton, Opti,Mahumlov and some whose id I forget (please forgive me I am new to this forum give me some time and I will remember all) You all too add that garnish and spice which I really relish

Secondly-

I wanted to write my retrospection as a separate post as I did not want to take away from your remarkable interpretation of the episodes and diminish other members reading enjoyment and decided to address it here.

3 scenes that stood out for me yesterday in order of sequence:

That heartbreaking moment in the dance sequence when Lavanya realized that ASR is definitely at the point of no return. Till that time she still nurtured a faint hope that he may change his mind at the last moment given how caring and conscious he had become of her feelings and emotions. She kept glimpsing now and then and took some courage when she saw that he was still focused on her and there was a tiny glimmer of hope still in her heart that he may change his mind at the last moment, that maybe just maybe a miracle was still possible. But then when KKG entered his frame of vision he faltered for a second in his mission and involuntarily lost his perspective and thought of her and got drawn to KKG instead (I loved the way the his eyes automatically lost control at that point and I do not mean it in a juvenile Rabba Ve moment but more a subconscious spontaneous uncontrollable instant) and I think that is when La knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was is definitely not into her and was in love with another. I loved the way the 3 faces were in juxtaposition- one sadly accepting and having to let go, one emotionally confused and unsure and one suddenly experiencing involuntary emotional loss of control and openly showing out the inner feelings.

Secondly -When the news of the engagement being called off is broken everyone reacts with shock whispers and painful looks but KKG's father was the only one who nodded his head in affirmation as if to say he expected it- almost as if he knew what the reason actually was.

Thirdly-

I loved that rage in KKG when she was sees him talking on his cell phone. I guess it brought her back memories of that Diwali night when he tried a similar stunt to avoid a postmortem of their moment and her reaction was justifiable. In many ways I think she was reliving the humiliation of that night.

I do not view KKG's intrusion as a violation of privacy but of someone who having experienced first hand the suffering, painful and often dire consequences of his actions, knows how catastrophic the outcome can be not just for them but for those around them.

Just because he is shown to be changing his attitude and softening up as a human being over the last week does not wipe his slate clean over his past actions. She knows the havoc he wreaked on her life from the moment she met him so yes she has every right to feel a righteous sense of butting in – she feels she has bloody well earned it- she has enough of battle scars and emotional wounds to prove it.

I think when she shouted at him with those emotional lines in the pre cap I feel that she was also speaking on behalf of Anjali- yes in many ways KKG got cheated, her trust lost and heart broken when the relationship ended but I think she mixed up her own betrayal by him with that of Anjali's by her husband. Remember she loves fighting other peoples emotional battles also and in the process these words may come back to bite her in the keister at a later date.

In many ways she too shares his burden of guilt and ache for they both know what led up to this distressing moment in Lavanyas life and for his family. The irony is that both know deep inside that the tragedy tonight could have been averted if they were not too busy playing their cat and mouse mind games and brinkmanship. 

The casualty count has suddenly started to become visible,ugly and mounting.
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

That heartbreaking moment in the dance sequence when Lavanya realized that ASR is definitely at the point of no return. Till that time she still nurtured a faint hope that he may change his mind at the last moment given how caring and conscious he had become of her feelings and emotions. She kept glimpsing now and then and took some courage when she saw that he was still focused on her and there was a tiny glimmer of hope still in her heart that he may change his mind at the last moment, that maybe just maybe a miracle was still possible. But then when KKG entered his frame of vision he faltered for a second in his mission and involuntarily lost his perspective and thought of her and got drawn to KKG instead (I loved the way the his eyes automatically lost control at that point and I do not mean it in a juvenile Rabba Ve moment but more a subconscious spontaneous uncontrollable instant) and I think that is when La knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was is definitely not into her and was in love with another. I loved the way the 3 faces were in juxtaposition- one sadly accepting and having to let go, one emotionally confused and unsure and one suddenly experiencing involuntary emotional loss of control and openly showing out the inner feelings.

Secondly -When the news of the engagement being called off is broken everyone reacts with shock whispers and painful looks but KKG's father was the only one who nodded his head in affirmation as if to say he expected it- almost as if he knew what the reason actually was.

Thirdly-

I loved that rage in KKG when she was sees him talking on his cell phone. I guess it brought her back memories of that Diwali night when he tried a similar stunt to avoid a postmortem of their moment and her reaction was justifiable. In many ways I think she was reliving the humiliation of that night.

I do not view KKG's intrusion as a violation of privacy but of someone who having experienced first hand the suffering, painful and often dire consequences of his actions, knows how catastrophic the outcome can be not just for them but for those around them.

Just because he is shown to be changing his attitude and softening up as a human being over the last week does not wipe his slate clean over his past actions. She knows the havoc he wreaked on her life from the moment she met him so yes she has every right to feel a righteous sense of butting in ' she feels she has bloody well earned it- she has enough of battle scars and emotional wounds to prove it.

I think when she shouted at him with those emotional lines in the pre cap I feel that she was also speaking on behalf of Anjali- yes in many ways KKG got cheated, her trust lost and heart broken when the relationship ended but I think she mixed up her own betrayal by him with that of Anjali's by her husband. Remember she loves fighting other peoples emotional battles also and in the process these words may come back to bite her in the keister at a later date.

In many ways she too shares his burden of guilt and ache for they both know what led up to this distressing moment in Lavanyas life and for his family. The irony is that both know deep inside that the tragedy tonight could have been averted if they were not too busy playing their cat and mouse mind games and brinkmanship. 

The casualty count has suddenly started to become visible,ugly and mounting.

Yep, this forum has some great writers. And good to see more ppl like you joining in. 😊

Lovely post.

I love Lavanya at this point, cause even though somewhere she sees there's something going on between ASR-Khushi, and that Arnav feels for Khushi and is so affected by her, yet she doesn't harbour any negative feelings or grudges towards Khushi. And on top of that, accepting the reality so graciously, I think she's come a long long way. The kind of person she was shown in the beginning, to the person she is now reflects a lot of character development. I found the last bit of the dance significant too, it was like she finally saw that there's no hope. I'm GLAD there wasn't a rabba ve moment there, with La standing right behind them and almost in tears, cause it would've looked really out of place.
It's strange to see that among all the Guptas, Babuji's actually emoting the most, even though he's paralysed. πŸ˜† He was the only one who empathised with Khushi after her engagement broke and wasn't obsessing over Payal's marriage.
As for Khushi intruding, I think it was natural, cause she genuinely wants to see La happy, and when La doesn't give her any reason for the break-up and looks so emotionally shattered, her first instinct is that ASR's taken yet another impulsive thoughtless decision. She's seen him do it with La before as well, when La left the house. And she's seen him hurt La various times even after that. She knows he has his last word, and he's not really regarded Lavanya's feelings at any point before the breakup scene. And since she doesn't know what happened in that conversation, she can't judge.
But if she hadn't intruded the first time when she convinced ASR to get La back to the Raizada mansion, all this wouldn't have happened, and La wouldn't have gone through another heartbreak.

The precap, I hadn't really looked at it that way, but great point there. Perhaps she's thinking of the consequences of Shyam's betrayal on Anjali, and thus tears up. But I wish she'd not said stuff like she knows how it feels when a rishta breaks, cause it does imply that she's sad over her engagement breaking, and is in the same position that La is in right now. It would've been better if she said something like, "hume pata hai kaisa lagta hai jab koi dhokha deta hai, aur jhoot bolta hai."

Great post!
-Ishita
very nicely written...I am sure you will be one among the names you mention soon πŸ˜Š
I so totally agree.. I watch each episode avidly - but all the awesome writers, commentors, friends and fans on this site make the show so much more fun for me..

I Love reading the different perspectives.. I know my take aways from the show.. and its always wonderful for me to see those that agree, those that dont and get to read such brilliantly written summaries, 'sushspectives', updates etc..

yous above was closest to my thought.. I LOVED todays epi.. the acting was flawless.. and totally thought Khushi was likely re-living the diwali night..
Cannot wait for tomorrows show, comments, posts and updates..
Bravo!!! so well written!!! and I am new to the forum too and it has now become my daily ritual too to read the posts of the people you mentioned. Applause for them from my side too! πŸ‘
Very well put-couldn't agree more-except for the part as to why KKG's father nodded his head-he does not know anything between KKG and ASR, so was baffled at that scene  still am...
HI ,
  The Like button was not working. wanted to let you know that  i concurr with your thoughts. 

I just wanted to point out one thing though. I did like the way the CVs built up La's character. We all wanted her to go and that too in a dignified fashion. I think our wish has come true and now that she is heading out we are feeling sorry to see her go. 

Lavanya did enter this relationship as a Live-In not understanding what she was getting into. It was Khushi and her meddlesome ways that got La thinking of a permamant realtionship.  And  then she needed Khushi around to be able to handle ASR and never tried to know the man.  Yes she loves him and changed so much for him for that she has become a better person .  In her own words she always knew that Arnav never felt the same and she never questioned the out of the blue engagement announcement .  She is exiting gracefully and in a more respectful manner than her entry.

As for your othe rpoints agree with that as well @Fairy.

Regards
Really? You're complimenting us when you can write like that? πŸ˜† What a beautiful post! I love how you've zoomed into the finer details, and brought out the emotions they triggered in the characters. By mentioning the phone scene you changed quite a bit of my view on her behavior, and believe me not many people are usually able to do that. πŸ˜‰

Love your post, love the depth with which you write, am totally encouraging you to write more often. And, love all the names you mentioned above, as I'm a fan of them all, and what they beautifully contribute here on the forum.
Loved your post, especially the part about Khushi - with which I totally agree.
 I read a lot of posts today criticizing Khushi for butting in...with which I did not agree at all!

Khushi is a do-gooder and does not hesitate to confront the truth, when it comes to safeguarding and protecting the people she cares for.
And yes, I also believe that after going through a lot due to ASR, she definitely has earned the right to question him whenever she thinks he owes an explanation for hurting people who love him!

Great post πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

nice analysis...loved both the points...they were so subtle...infact people are still confused about the first point u made...but i agree with you totally..

also for the second point...when Arnav had come to Khushi's house on diwali night to return the purse...and when garima offered him sweets, Khushi, as usual, said that he isn't suppose to eat sweets...that time also they showed Shashi's expression...and it seemed that he realized that there is something going on between them...ofcourse he knows his daughter so well...better then Garima and Payal i guess