Mishubaa IF-Rockerz
Mishubaa
Mishubaa

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 2:55pm | IP Logged

Sandeep

Karunya

Anuj

Kaun banega Indian Idol?

As the contest approaches its grand finale, Subhash K Jha speaks to the three finalists

SANDEEP

I'm nervous about the outcome. But the stress to perform isn't taking a toll on me. I know I've made it to the top three. Aage kya hota hai dekhte hain (Let's see what happens next). I'm doing my best. The competition is really tough. Both Anuj and  Karunya are very good singers and I'd be foolish to undermine their talent. Muqabla ekdum zabardast hai (it's a tough competition). Yes, all three of us want to be the Indian Idol. But our friendship goes beyond competition. In the past few weeks, all three of us have been a support system for each another. I'm from Bikaner and have been in Mumbai, struggling for the last three years. My struggle to make it in the industry will continue even after this competition ends.

KARUNYA

I'm very confident. But only confidence does not suffice, I also need public support. So do my colleagues Sandeep and Anuj who are going to be tough contenders. Even if we are competitors on stage, off stage we are buddies. We don't make a public display of our competitive spirit and don't allow external pressures to take a toll on us. We've made a pact to stay friends regardless of who becomes the Indian Idol. Even if people are saying I am going to be the next Indian Idol, let me tell them that there's a difference between what's said and the voting pattern. I know the judges love me and I'm thankful for that. I'm lucky to have come so far and no matter what the results, I intend to pursue a singing career in Mumbai. I gave up my engineering studies in Hyderabad to pursue my dream of becoming the Indian Idol, not the first or second runner-up. Having said that let me assure you that even if I don't win I will not lose confidence. I'll think that God has  bigger plans for me. As for fan following, it feels nice. But the attention embarrasses me. I wonder what my parents in Hyderabad must be thinking.

ANUJ

Icannot express my feelings of being among the top three. I can't believe Karunya, Sandeep and I have come so far! Yes, there was an ugly incident some weeks ago when people protested at the elimination of Ameya Date and my inclusion. I was pained and shocked. The judges and the audience kept discussing why Ameya needed to be in the contest. But no one asked me how it felt to be dismissed in such a rude manner. Very frankly I was numb. Why was it happening to me? When I was about to be voted out earlier, no one discussed it. If they loved Ameya so much, why didn't they vote for him? I wanted to quit then and there. I felt like a loser who had no business to be standing on stage. But the judges assured me they had nothing against me. I've been singing since my childhood. I'm from Kangra and used to sing in my mother tongue Himachali. Indian Idol has given me a national platform. Logon ne bahut pyar diya ( people have given me a lot of love). Meri pehchaan to ban chuki hai (I have become a known face). Now I am just going to work hard.

J_K_C Senior Member
J_K_C
J_K_C

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
I lost the the little respect and sympathy for Anuj that I had left in my heart for him...he just thinks about himself, his feelings etc...where as Amey, at a moment that was so painful and devastating for him, he supported Anuj by saying that Anuj has a very good voice and he's very talented and he 's not feeling why he's voted out and not Anuj...Anuj is soo mean Angry ...I'm so hurt after reading this interview...

Edited by J_K_C - 02 April 2006 at 3:25pm
innocent_devil IF-Dazzler
innocent_devil
innocent_devil

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Ohh Thanks!
RonnieK IF-Rockerz
RonnieK
RonnieK

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
i dont like anuj.
the reason amey was out because of regional voting, and anuj still doesn't understand. LOL   LOL
my cousin told me in II 1 when ravinder ravi was on a wining street he asked the janta to vote for the deserving contestant and not him. and the next week he was voted out. Clap   Clap ravinder ravi was poorer than anuj and a lot nicer. Clap   Clap

Edited by KunalK - 02 April 2006 at 3:17pm
craZEEinlove IF-Rockerz
craZEEinlove
craZEEinlove

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Thankss for the info!!!! Sandeeep's pic is soo cuute! but wats wrong wit Anuj's y is his face so wrinkly? lol sumthin wrong wit the pic i gues... I wanna commetn on their comments cuz Ilike commenting! lol

Sandeep
I liike the way he thinkss..hes a verii positive guyy and he said hes gonna keep trying evn if he doesnt win..THATS THE SPIRIT!! and its niiec that they will b frndz no matter wat Big smile

Karunya
wow this guyy is one confident guyy! lol I mean confident is good but over confidnce is not kool. but anyway i like his determination.

Anuj
I noticed that ANuj is not selfish at all!! instead of sying.. "I CAME SO FAR!" he said.. "can't believe Karunya, Sandeep and I have come so far!" that is verii niice I think hes a nice guyy. That thingg bout him and Amey being in bottom 2. Yeahh we wer all soo shocked n sadd Amey was gone, but mee I also felt sorri for Anuj..If i wer him i wud feel the same as him! I wud feel liike I am sucha loserr.and I dont belong herre nd no one is caring bout mee and i wud feel like ever1 hates me or sumthigng. Thats good he has sum confidence left in him.

Edited by ReXLoVeR - 02 April 2006 at 3:20pm
princessriya Senior Member
princessriya
princessriya

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
I like Sandeep. He is a good looking,smart and a good singer. If I could I would vote for him...
craZEEinlove IF-Rockerz
craZEEinlove
craZEEinlove

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by princessriya

I like Sandeep. He is a good looking,smart and a good singer. If I could I would vote for him...

Yupppp sooo truee!! I wishh i could too!! But I told all my cuzns to vote for him untill theyy go broke! lol

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
I hope Karunya wins the contest.. Big smile Big smile

Go to top