Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Think she should have taken a chance...Scripts can be modified...Was reminded of Amitji who decided not to take a dime because he wanted to act with Mohanlal.
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
POINT COUNTERPOINT😆😉

I'd love to work with Rajinikanth

... says Asin Thottumkal, when asked whether she has indeed been signed on to act opposite the Superstar

Sharanya CR

She may not have a bag of films to boast of in Bollywood, even though her debut "Ghajini" proved to be a blockbuster. But Asin Thottumkal is all set to take the big screen by a storm next year with two big releases ' "Housefull 2" and "Bol Bachchan". But what's put the actor in the limelight is the recent news of her starring in Rajinikanth's next.
    The latest buzz doing the rounds in South circles is that she's been offered to play the lead role opposite the Superstar in "Kochadaiyaan", beating competition from the likes of Vidya Balan and Anushka Shetty. Quiz her about the offer and the actor remains tight-lipped. "You'll have to ask the producer of the film. I can't comment about it now," she says, adding, "I would love to work with Rajinikanth and if a good project comes by, I'll take it up."
    Asin, who is still basking in the success of her last release, "Ready", has reportedly said that she wouldn't like to do many films with her 'dear friend' Salman Khan. Rumours that she is dating Neil Nitin Mukesh ' with whom she was said to have broken up with ' have resurfaced, but the actor is unmindful of the controversies that surround her. "Bollywood gossip is a clich. I am a straightforward person and prefer to set the record straight if anything comes up," she asserts.
    The 26-year-old actor, who has wrapped up the shoot for "Housefull 2" opposite Akshay Kumar, is looking forward to the release next year. "With 22 stars working on the film, we had a blast shooting for it. Sajid Khan and Sajid Nadiadwala managed the cast really well," says Asin. When asked about how it was to work with the new dostana in town ' Akshay Kumar and John Abraham ' she says, "It's Akshay plus John! Both of them drove the entire cast and crew crazy with their pranks."
    What excites the actor is that the roles she plays in her upcoming films will show her in a different light altogether. Is she choosy about her roles? "I am not choosy. I can shuffle between a serious role and feature in an out-anout commercial flick too. Nevertheless, I prefer to act in movies that strike a balance between both," she says.
    Having worked in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films, does she have plans to work on a Kannada film in the near future? "I have no qualms about working for any film industry as long as my role in the film is meaty. I'd love to work for a Kannada film, but I haven't been offered any scripts so far," she says.

SOUTHERN BELLE: Asin

Edited by chalhov - 12 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Banking on Rajini

Shankaran Malini

It looks like everyone's now banking on Rajinikanth, especially to cement their position in Kollywood. While Asin recently was quoted saying she wants to act opposite the Superstar, another heroine, Tamannaah, has now joined her in voicing the same views. With the slot for the leading lady in the prequel to Rana, Kochadaiyan, open, many of the actresses seem to by vying to share screenspace with Rajinikanth. Tamannaah apparently was heard telling her friends at her birthday bash in a Mumbai nightclub (which included many K-Town stars like Ileana, Dhanush and Shruti Haasan) that her ideal birthday gift would be to work with the Superstar. With Soundarya Rajinikanth finalizing her cast and crew for her directorial debut, we wonder if she's noticed the feelers that these girls from the Tamil film industry are trying to send her. Tamannaah is currently in Bangkok, shooting for a Telugu film. A source close to her confirms this news and says, "Yes, she did express this desire of hers informally at her party."

Tamannaah