Posted: 12 years ago

Ditto.  ðŸ˜Š

Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

I actually thought Aarakshan was rather decent in comparison to the kinds of movies we see these days.

dhobi ghaat z plain borring imo...
Ra1 z not at all disappointing ...
expected a lot from mausam .. disappointing indeed ...
had no expectations from other movies ... 
I would exchange Dhobi Ghat for Ready and Aarakshan for Body Guard. Granted Aarakshan was poorly written, a bit slow at times and the ending was beyond filmy, but still more worth it than Body Guard. At least it dealt with an issue, someone like me--a foreigner, never heard or knew about.

As for the rest of the list--AGREE!
DG didn't do that well at box office and it didn't get the best reviews either.

Expectations from DG were hugeee, but small budget movies like stanley ka dabba got better reviews than DG and small budget movies like NOKJ did better than DG at box office.

Edited by LaDy_GaGa - 12 years ago

Sorry this had nohing to do with anything...
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
^^ LOL choco edit kyun kar diya... yes i remember before releasing DG Aamir said that yeh itni fine film hai shaayad audience ko samajh mein hi naa aaye! 😆 Well no one is perfect, aamir has his own flaws but he is still much more creative than other superstars.
LOL because I didn't think it had anything to do with the topic 😆

I didn't even know people had expectations for movies like Game, Thank You, Rascals, Tell Me O Khudda.

Everything was a fail this year.
thank you was a disappointment?who even expected it to deliver?from the get go everyone slammed it and knew that it was the 100000th repetitive film of akki.
Edited by mj_applehead - 12 years ago
AK didnt even promote DG, becoz it was for a niche audience, he told tht he could have got an opening in the way he wanted, but if the content is not for the masses, then why should he go with a twisted way...

so DG, didn't become a disappointment, becoz it made clear profits, not big but for the budget it was carrying, it managed finely. it was appreciated in many festivals and it will defintely fetch some awards too..

THESE jerks are making it just a disappointment becoz they can't imagine aamir to do an art movie like this...which was obviously pure boring for them...this article proves why indians don't appreciate classy things, and its not about just dhobhi ghat but other mediums as well..