Her father’s daughter (Rupali Guha )

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 3:47pm | IP Logged

Her father's daughter

Tumhari Disha is topping the charts
Tumhari Disha is topping the charts

Back in the early 1990s Basu Chatterjee made waves on television with Rajni starring the indomitable Priya Tendulkar. Years later daughter Rupali Guha is creating her own space with Tumhari Disha, a tele-story with a female protagonist.

The serial revolves around a young girl Disha whose life is a paradox — she spreads happiness wherever she goes but her own life is submerged in sorrow. She is deserted by her biological father but succeeds in winning her foster family's heart.

Tumhari Disha has emerged the top programme on Zee TV. While that is no easy feat, Rupali has set her sights on the show reinforcing the position of channel leader.

Says Rupali, "I worked on the intricacies, twists and turns of the script and was getting regular viewer feedback. I knew Tumhari Disha would be the top draw one day. I now have to work to retain the top position."

For all those who do not know the great Basu Chatterjee, who made some excellent movies , chitchor a very simple sweet film had Zarina Wahab, if I am not mistaken it likely was her first movie (excellent music and songs Gori Tera Gaon bara pyara, Tu  jo mera sur me sur mila le, Aj se pehlay).

May be some of you have watched the serial Rajni (Priya Tendulkar). I recall meeting Priya Tendulkar on  a flight from New Delhi to Kathmandu sometime around Dec 1999, do not remain the exact date, got a chance to interact with her during the flight as she was sitting next to me, she was going to Kathmandu for some woman rally, she was very pleasant during the flight and very friendly and made my journey very interesting, though her image has been very aggressive . Sadly few years later she passed away . Reading about Rupali Guha took me down memory lane and I just wanted to share with all of  you.

Lilly

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

maja Goldie
maja
maja

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 4:04pm | IP Logged

Thanks a lots for the information Lilly. I have seen the movie Chitchor with Zarina Wahaab and Amol Palekar. It was a great movie and infact later Main Prem ki Diwani hoon came which was a remake of it.

Rupali Guha seems to be on the footsteps of her father and I am really pleased to know that TD with our hottie hero and Lady D is on the top at the moment and wish that it continues to be on top in future as well. 

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 7:29pm | IP Logged

The information was from Tribune feb 20 2005,which for some reason got edited .

I was suprised to know that Rupali was the daughter of  the great man known as Basu Da and yes now since you mention Mein Prem KI Diwani was short of a remake

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top