TOI: Working with right ppl reduces failure-Manish

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

Working with right people minimizes failure 

Priyanka J Patel 

He might have played the sophisticated businessman in the popular daily Rang Badalti Odhni to perfection;but in real life,Manish Raisinghani wanted to become an engineer before glam world came calling.Studying engineering taught me how to work non-stop ! While in college,my friends inspired me to take part in a prestigious male pageant in 2002 and once I did well,there was no looking back, smiles Manish,who has also done shows like Kahiin To Hoga,Teen Bahuraaniyaan and Waaris.
The actor,who is currently doing Sasural Simar Ka,was in Vadodara to judge a fashion show.Reflecting on his journey,he says,Balancing work and engineering was not an easy task,as I commuted from Pune.I learnt how to live on 100 rupees per day,smiled through the tough times and never repeated the same mistakes.That helped. He chips in,The best part about doing TV is to be able to play multiple roles,which thrills me. 
He also shares an interesting experience with a reputed production house from his initial days as an actor.After shooting for a few days,I was told that I couldnt act and would be replaced.Just then,Ekta Kapoor told me that I must ask for one more chance.She believed in me and I owe a lot to her for my second innings,my improved avatar as an actor! 
Today,Manish makes it a point to work with the right people,which minimizes the chances of failure.And since I love my work,it never gets boring for me.Besides,I am a big prankster on the sets. 
While not facing the camera,he loves to be with my family.I am a big time techno freak and have all the latest gadgets at home.I am even teaching my parents how to become techsavvy ! Of late,I have also developed a liking for photography. 
Asked about his fitness fundas,he laughs,I am a big foodie,and dont go the gym.God has gifted me with six packs and I dont follow any regular fitness schedule! In fact,you 
would find me eating something or the other every two hours.In Gujarat,I find the variety in pickles really amazing.I also love khakhra and fafda.However,while I find gymming boring,I indulge in sports and that keeps me fit.I am good at cricket and 
volleyball,and 
have started playing squash recently.I 
am also associated with martial arts. 
On a parting note,Manish,who has got fame pretty quickly in the entertainment industry,says,The key to remain successful for a long time lies in staying grounded.The right attitude,along with hard work,always drives failures away! I come from a very humble background and set small targets for myself.I aim at improving myself every three months and if I cant achieve that,then I shouldnt be here! 
Well spoken,like a seasoned actor!

Manish Raisinghani 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top