India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Amit & other II contestants' concert

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:50am | IP Logged

The concert was held on the occasion of Gudi Padva at Engineering college grounds, Shivaji Nagar, Pune.
        The show began at 7 pm. The night was brightened by 5 finalists of II1 – Abhijeet Sawant, Amit Sana, Rahul Vaidya, Prajakta Shukre and Aditi Paul. Also present was Jyotsna Navandar from II2 as she is a Puneite. Jyotsna started with the song Mehboob mere and also 'Ek bagiya mein rehti hai'. She sang beautifully and people seemed to enjoy but kept on calling the names of Abhi, Amit & Rahul.

Next one to entertain us was Aditi Paul. She started with her famous song 'Lambi Judaai' Audience shouted ONCE MORE! She continued with 'Jiya dhadak dhadak', 'Kate na hi raat'.
        After aditi's performance there was a prize distribution ceremony for crowning Pune Idol 2006 in presence of chief guests - MLA 'Narayan Rane' and also noted marathi playback singer 'ARUN DATE'.
     After the prize distribution ceremony, Prajakta Shukre made an appearance on the stage. She sang songs like Aika Dajiba, Mere dil ka tumse hai kehna, Sajna ve Sajna and Dam maaro Dam. He tried hard to interact with the public by making them sing along with her , but unfortunately she got a very meagre response from the public. She literally had to get down the stage to make the audience sing with her.
        Anyways now it was turn of the most awaited contestant Rahul Vaidya. People started cheering for Rahul when he came on the stage, especially girls. Rahul started interacting with them in Marathi. But strictly speaking Rahul was not clearly audible. People enjoyed his performances in the beginning but then Rahul started repeating same lines again and again and was asking the audience to repeat them. So after a while the noise and enthusiasm of the audience became lesser and lesser and finally people started losing interest. But Rahul sang the songs Yeh dil deewana, Tumse milka dil ka, Aashiq banaya, Suraj hua Madham, Adaa, Tauba tauba and Jeene ke hai chaar din.
       After that performances, it was Navin Prabhakar's (from laughter challenge) performance. He literally made people glued to their seats by his great jokes (mostly of double meaning) and excellent mimicry.
        By the time Navin's performance got over it was already past 10 pm. So many people from the audience started leaving as they were getting late to reach home. But at that time Amit came on to the stage. He started with his song from audition "Albela Sajan". My God I was so stunned. He sang it in beautiful classical style taking all those difficult Harkats and Aalaps. Many people, who were in the process of walking out, stood back! After that he sang "Chal Diye". He was interacting with the audience so well. He continued with his mind blowing performance – Kisna. He sang Kisna in totally different way putting his own variations and sargams. People started screaming in Marathi "Amit Sana Punyala Raahna" (Amit Sana please stay in Pune)

Amit then continued with "Aadat" song with his own style. Then followed all the songs which made all the people dance to his tunes – Taare gin gin yaad, Tunak tunak tun, Dakha na hai re. People literally got up from their seats and started dancing. They were enjoying every bit of Amit's performance. Most of the public who wanted to leave, left only after seeing Amit's performance.

Then came Abhijeet with his song Mohobbatein Lutaunga. But at that time the ground was almost half empty. But Abhi sang well. He continued with a Marathi bhaav geet, Channa ve song, and aapka suroor. But ppl enjoyed Amit's performance more than Abhi's. That is what I saw. Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against Abhijeet. But it is a fact. Well I could not watch Abhi's remaining performances (though I would have loved to watch) as it was 11.30 pm and I still was without dinner as I had come directly from office.

Overall I felt that Amit was best yesterday!!!

sonaahana Goldie
sonaahana
sonaahana

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Thats fab!!!Keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually i love all these guys that came!!!!!!!!
thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:48am | IP Logged
thanx Mukul for sharing it with us! I wish I was there too...... Cry Cry yeah I m jealous Tongue anyway, I saw Amit live b4 U Big smile Wink

Edited by thhikana - 02 April 2006 at 10:48am
Connie IF-Dazzler
Connie
Connie

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Mukul your so lucky, you got to see the best of the idols perform. Smile
thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Connie

if Mukul is lucky... then u r the luckiest! U r Amey's friend.... U can meet all ur favs anytime u want!!!

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by thhikana

thanx Mukul for sharing it with us! I wish I was there too...... Cry Cry yeah I m jealous Tongue anyway, I saw Amit live b4 U Big smile Wink

Yeah But u didnt get to listen the song "Albela Sajan" in Amit's voiceWink

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:17pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Connie

Yes, but after such a long time, almost an yearCry

breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Congrats Mukul. U got to see some gr8 singers there. Absolute treat.

I wish Amey has such a concert soon...

And i lvoe tht song 'albela sajan'....want to hear tht in amey's voice. im srue amit sang it well.

Go to top