India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I have done the right thing: Akshay Kumar

Me_Anonymous IF-Sizzlerz
Me_Anonymous
Me_Anonymous

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 9:39am | IP Logged
"I Have Done The Right Thing…" Akshay gets personal!

I was meeting Akshay after a long very time. And I had a lot to ask him. But I truly wondered whether be'd honest about all of it or try and get diplomatic about his life… like he always did in the past…

Q: How are you?

A:I am fine… (Smiling) in fact, I've never felt better.

Q: How does it feel to be a husband at last?

A:(Laughing) I love the way you added that "at last". Yes, I have finally become a husband and I am genuinely enjoying every moment of it…

Q: Do you feel you have made the right decision?

A:Definitely! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about the person I have chosen to settle down in life with. I have never been more serious in my life.

Q: But weren't you serious in all your past relationships as well?

A:I really would not like to get into my previous relationships only because they are no more and I am not the kind of person who lives in the past! But I would have to admit that while I was in it, they weren't just something frivolous or  time pass. Each person who came into my life did mean something . But strangely or maybe destiny willed it so that I married none of them.

Q: Don't you feel just a little guilty of leading them to think that something serious was happening?

A:Look, it takes two hands to clap! I cannot be solely blamed for what happened in my relationships! If things soured, if things went wrong, then it happened because of  both parties . Not just me! Both parties felt bad that things had soured. Maybe in my case, I went on with life and believed that I would find that special someone who I'd like to spend the rest of my life with.

Q: And you found that in Twinkle?

A:Yes, I did. Of course, there were teething problems. There were apprehensions… things even went wrong for us. Yet, there remained an unexplainable bond that held us together. The end didn't surprise us at all!

Q: Does it feel any different now that you are married?

A:There is a lovely feeling that at the end of the day, after a hard day's work, I am going home to my wife… but other than that, no it really doesn't feel much different.

Q: How is Twinkle as a wife? Did she make a better girlfriend?

A:At the risk of sounding cliched, Twinkle made a super girlfriend and an even more super wife. She has the ability to understand me completely. She can read me like a book. She can gauge my mood, by taking one look at me. And she is extremely adjusting. In fact, I have learnt a lot from her.

Q: What about Dimple and Rajesh Khanna being your in-laws?

A:(Laughing) awesome, isn't it?

Q: What are they like?

A:Very understanding and very supportive. They do not just see the viewpoint of their daughter. They do not take sides and they are extremely normal people.

Q: What about your career?

A:Wow! Thank god the personal questions are over. How did I fare?

Q: Did you put it all on?

A:(Laughing) no yaar, I meant every word. It's just that I have never been very comfortable talking about my personal life. It's only in Twinkle's case that I am happy to let the world know, I am happy . I know I did the right thing!

Q: Okay, so what about your career?

A: It's really looking up. I have really been appreciated in Ek Rishta and I worked really hard at looking and being different. It was awesome working with Mr. Bachchan from whom I learnt a lot .

Q: Are you going to curb Twinkle from pursuing her career?

A:I don't think anyone is capable of doing that. If Twinkle decides to either curb her professional commitments or give up the movies all together. I'm sure it will be her sole decision to do so.

Q: Would you both act in a movie together?

A:Why not? If the subject is a great one, why not?

Q: Are you planning a family in the near future?

A:That is a decision that both of us will have to take. Having children is a wonderful and beautiful thing and we would both want to have a child. But not right away. Only when we are certain of how our professional lives are going, will we bring another life into this world. (whispers and smiles…) but I sure hope it's soon…

Patrick Biswas

ok i know its an old article but its just meLOL

source: http://www.3to6.com/final_interview/akshay.htm

rebelqueen Senior Member
rebelqueen
rebelqueen

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:00am | IP Logged
this must b an old interview-nyway-thanks a lot!! Smile
MS.ATTITUDE Goldie
MS.ATTITUDE
MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged