Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Sushspective: Taken for a ride!

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Wow! What an episode!! So emotional...

La's heart was breaking and the echo can be heard everywhere...There was just no way to not feel it...Sana did an excellent job emoting today...and as much as what ever Arnav did was perfectly justifiable from a western point of view...that looks at things in a more individualistic way...from an Indian point of view where family is more important than the individuals' feelings...where relationships are not created to be broken...where you don't get to choose again and again ...this was a train wreck...

Kudos to the CVs for bringing out the contrast in these values so strongly so poignantly...

All of R family felt like they are guilty ...They participated in the crime unknowingly...They felt entitled to an explanation...They didn't get it...Was Arnav justifiable in doing what he did? Yes...he was! But was the R family justified in feeling like he was walking all over them...yes they were too!!

One thing Arnav has taken a long time in understanding is that ...every action has a consequence...Every relationship has an impact...Decisions are not isolated...when something reckless is done...every one feels the consequence...and just like Khushi said...many episodes back...Sorry kehne se sachchai nahi badlati...Feeling guilty only goes so far...When a heart breaks...you can not stop the bleeding...

So who is goingto hold him accountable? Nani and Anjali...he can outpower...The only person who can match him is Khushi...And ...boy does she feel angry...I can understand why...She like others feels La was taken for a ride (and the family too)...a ride which did not get to its destination...has no chance of getting to its destination... As much as we know what has caused this break up...her anger is fully justified...As honest an action it was...what Arnav did was took La along a journey that he was not going to complete...Even though he did not know at the time that he wasn't going to do it...he did know that he wasn't marrying La for love...he was reacting to something else...She got burned in the process of Arnav discovering himself...

Really waiting to see tomorrow's episode...This was surely a 9.5/10 episode!!
As always will appreciate your comments/ feed-back!!

Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shybabe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
said it exactly the way i stated it earlier...took a while to understand that every action has consequences

very well written😳
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Great post Sush, while Arnav is slowly realizing the consequences of what he did the damage has been done. I really felt bad for Lavanya, she tried to put on a brave face but you can see her heart breaking especially when she saw the way Arnav looked at Khushi.
Bubblii thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

...Any praise given to Barun, Sana or Sanaya on todays performance would not be enough. Each played their part to perfect and held their own space whilst not over shadowing the next...

...Kudos to the CVs πŸ‘... They handled the annoucement with as much maturity as the actual break-up... would it have be another hammed up scene with countless close up's and dramatically music, I am sure the forum would have been armed with tomatoes and chapals!

Your post is perfect! This is all new to Arnav and he is bound to make mistakes...his enagagement to La is one of them...but better late then never... One thing that bugs me is how everyone has just accepted that he has no feelings...no ones bothered to consider how this must effect him...not even his own sister...La is heartbroken yes...but this wasn't easy on Arnav either...
lara3110 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
You are absolutely right Sush - 'every action has a consequence...Every relationship has an impact...Decisions are not isolated...when something reckless is done...every one feels the consequence...and just like Khushi said...many episodes back...Sorry kehne se sachchai nahi badlati...Feeling guilty only goes so far...When a heart breaks...you can not stop the bleeding... '

Great Post πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ
mpks1 thumbnail
Sush I always like reading your post but never commented. I love your Sushpective. But today with an episode like this I would like to say one thing that ASR breaking the news to his family about the break up was exactly done in a way that happens in real world. Most of the dramas(especially Ekta Kapoor ones) these days which have scenes like this are OTT, happen in front of the guests, too much drama and crying goes on.  Here the production team have done it subtly which is true to ASR, his family and his status. I would like to appreciate the whole team for this. This proves that IPKKND is definitely different  from the rest of the shows so far. Lets see in the future what it has in store for us.

BTW, did you hear about the new entry, Maami's relative who is going to fall in love with Khushi and there is going to be a love triangle. It came in SBS today. I am totally against this and its a cliched track. I hope CVs come up with something different.
Edited by Keshriya - 12 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I think the love triangle track will be what finally pushes Arnav to admit his love for Khushi.
It so happens in life that sometimes we have to pay price for thing which are out of our control and that too no for no mistake of ours.That is the case of Lavanya.Poor kid.All she did was falling in love with the wrong guy!!! I sincerely request CVs to bring her back on show as a positive character with her boyfriend in arms who is just gaga about her.She deserves that much and much more..
bikerider thumbnail
Sush very well saidπŸ‘,  yeah when glasses are broken sounds are to be heard .

I am enjoying the show. may be because finally blah is out of RM.
Loving the way CVs have turns and twists keep it straight.
Nani could shut maamis mouth so that payash engagement can happen. Sometime i wonder CVs forget to drag. Some times they drag like hell.

interesting precap and interesting SBS segment where third person is coming to  awoke hidden feeling in ASR 😍

but immediately i want to know what ASR will do once he knows kushi is also free πŸ˜‰
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by: Bubblii

...Any praise given to Barun, Sana or Sanaya on todays performance would not be enough. Each played their part to perfect and held their own space whilst not over shadowing the next...

...Kudos to the CVs πŸ‘... They handled the annoucement with as much maturity as the actual break-up... would it have be another hammed up scene with countless close up's and dramatically music, I am sure the forum would have been armed with tomatoes and chapals!

Your post is perfect! This is all new to Arnav and he is bound to make mistakes...his enagagement to La is one of them...but better late then never... One thing that bugs me is how everyone has just accepted that he has no feelings...no ones bothered to consider how this must effect him...not even his own sister...La is heartbroken yes...but this wasn't easy on Arnav either...

Hi Bubbliii...I fully agree...the announcement was done in a very mature way...not in front of everyone...The only thing that was a little immature was Anj crying...butthats just her character...I loved the dirty glances KKG gave him and pulled La by her arm protectively...πŸ˜ƒ

Regarding Arnav's feelings...one can either be the choice maker or be the sympathy gainer...Can't be bothπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

He made a choice...no one lese HAD a choice...Sympathy for Arnie...?Well he will have to come to this forum for that...πŸ˜‰
Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago