Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki
Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki

Eye can do it

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 4:18am | IP Logged

Eye can do it

Aishwarya Rai did it a decade ago. Now it's actor-cum-danseuse Komal Mahuvakar, of
Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki fame and a big star Rupini of South turn to do the needful. The eldest daughter in WRWMK donated her eyes on March 27, for an eye hospital on the occasion of World Optometry Day. Deputy CM R R Patil also donated his eyes along with other Southern spice Madhavi. Komal says, "A lot of people tell me that I have beautiful eyes. When I started getting these compliments a bit much, I decided to donate my eyes so that the praise doesn't go to my head," she laughs. Not only has the lady not let it get to her head but has done a great deed. But for her, it's not such a big deal, as she say, "You can't imagine how many people need eyes. I was alarmed to see the number! This was the least I could do." In the meanwhile, the actor has made Mumbai her base, and her fans down south are missing her. Even after months of leaving south, the makers have been approaching her for their films. What has humbled Komal a lot recently is the fact that she got to dance for President of India, A P J Kalam. "Dancing will always be my first love, and it was an honour to dance at a felicitation ceremony for the President," she gushes.

Miss.Supriya IF-Sizzlerz
Miss.Supriya
Miss.Supriya

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 5:38am | IP Logged
omg seriously.....mmm i never knew we could donate eyes

thankx for sharing

cheers
supriya
farzana98 Senior Member
farzana98
farzana98

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:49am | IP Logged
indeed a very gud deed...God bless her..thanx for sharing

Edited by farzana98 - 02 April 2006 at 10:50am
fading_smiles IF-Dazzler
fading_smiles
fading_smiles

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
wow..thanks for sharing..
fading_smiles IF-Dazzler
fading_smiles
fading_smiles

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
im still confused tho..how do u donate ur eyes..? Confused Confused
ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Hey there,
Donating your eyes means that they will be removed from your body when you die and surgically implanted into some blind person's eye- enabling him/her vision:)

It's a very noble act!
fading_smiles IF-Dazzler
fading_smiles
fading_smiles

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
oooh that makes sense now...wow where was my head..lol..thanks ronitfan Smile that is indeed a noble act!
OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
thats a real noble cause

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index