Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Indians don't have a sense of humour - Vivaan Shah

Lord_Voldemort IF-Dazzler
Lord_Voldemort
Lord_Voldemort

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged

'Indians don't have a sense of humour'

…says actor Vivaan Shah, as he talks about theatre in India and his new play that opens this week

Actor Vivaan Shah, veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah's son, who was last seen in filmmaker Vishal Bharadwaj's 7 Khoon Maaf is ready with his new play, Akvarious production's Jumpstart. The actor, who has always been inclined towards theatre, says it was something he grew up with. "Besides the fact that I grew up in a house where theatre was an intrinsic part, (his father started the Motley theatre group) theatre also appeals to an intellectual side of me. I read a lot and I generally like to keep myself aware of what is happening around the world. Theatre today touches upon issues and portrays them in more real light", says Vivaan.
Talking about his role in the new play, he says it is about three individuals who want to commit suicide for different reasons. "It is about a failed television actor, a rebellious teenager and a man with self esteem issues and how all three of them come together and what follows. This play is extremely intelligent, socially relevant and comic at the same time. We don't see too many plays like these in the Indian scene too often." In the same breath, he continues, "Indians don't have a sense of humour. Our comedies are quite dated. We don't like to laugh at ourselves. This play, on the other hand, is unapologetic and the comedy is relatable, in your face and at times, offensive, but it will be like a revelation."
He may have done only one film till date, but Vivaan already has big plans for himself. "There are a couple of things coming up and the circle has just begun. It is underway, but nothing has materialised as yet. Hopefully it will be, by mid-next year." Ask him if he's ready to do commercials, run-of-the mill song and dance routines and he nods in agreement. "Of course. It is not a question of if I want to. I will have to. You can't rebel all the time. You have to conform sometimes and do what is required of you. I can't change the system. It is not easy being an actor. It requires phenomenal talent and my journey has just begun."

DNA

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor2sub_rosa

tvdekha IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anku-

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tvdekha

Indians laugh at Russel Peters.Confused

LOL
TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
I used to think it depends on individual personalities to have sense of humor or not ... didn't know it is related to nationality 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor2-Kruti.S-Real.Madridmz.jess

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IwasaXXXstar

It is true. Indians in general don't have a sense of humor. We get offended at every silly thing. No wonder Thackereys can start their gunda gardi anytime they find a joke offensive. Dead

thats not true yaarTongue ...e.g. if one non indian makes fun of Himesh and his singing , 2-3 indians bhi uske saath hoke uska fun banane lagte hain ...none brings nationality in this issue or try to prove Himmy good singer based on nationality Wink ...to hum kahan offend hote hain chhoti baton pe Tongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mj_appleheadNkapoor2-Kruti.S-YusBeeReal.Madrid

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 1:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Sadly , we dont have good sense of humor , all simple jokes are always being judged and looked in microscope for any  meanings other than fun element... happens every where and IF is best example and so is BW forum ...

Fight overs takes Fun ... sadly true ... 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-bamboocopterYusBee

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Agreed. Indians, Pakistanis, desis in general dont have a sense of  humor.
Our tolerence level is pathetically low.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaved-Rafa--Mmmmm-bamboocopterYusBee

Go to top