Posted: 12 years ago
some pent up feelings...i will state here my exact feelings wen this show started...i remember wen ghsp and rbo were tog starting on SO...i saw the promos and the rural settings...at once i made up my mind that i wont be watching any of them because i dont like shows with rural background...and initially i did not watch...in the second week...i was watching one epi of ghsp during break of another show of another channel (i dont remember which one now)...it was scene between dev and geet and how dev was trying to woo this shy girl with false flattery...instantly i liked the jodi and decided to follow the show...although i still watched the next few epis in the middle of other shows...i even predicted the story...i cud see that dev is a fraud and planning to go back to canada widout taking geet with him...i thot he wud repent and realise that he has fallen in love with geet (at that time i had no clue that dev is not the hero)...and eventually geet wud forgive him for the baby's sake (i knew geet wud be preggy since one night is all needed in a serial to become preggy)...

then came 19th april...THE 19th april...it was the day maan made his entry although only a glimpse of him was shown before the episode ended...some thing hit me and hit me hard...i waited for the first time for the next epi and 20th april marked the turning point of my life...i was literally swept away in maanland in no time...the arrogant, emotionless, unsmiling MR.attitude gave a new meaning to falling in love at first sight...from that day i got glued to the show...

i loved the unique concept of the show...an innocent girl geet overnite abondoned by her fake husband, pregnant and with no support from family, a stranger maan walks into her life and unwittingly gives her strength to fight against all odds...she comes to delhi alone and pregnant to face the hostile world all alone...lands up in the office of the same man with whom she has always been at odds...

then starts the most wonderful, melodious love story...both because of their past refuses and does not want to fall for the mythical word love...and both at the same time starts to find solace into each other's eyes...both wants to deny their growing feelings...at the same time both find themselves in each other's arms with no effort of avoiding the growing closeness...one thinks the other as dusht danav and the other thinks her as chalta phirta disaster...

both because of their traumatic past has every reason never to trust the opposite gender...but each day a tacit understanding grows between them...unwillingly maan always ends up gving work responsibilities to geet...scolding her for every existent and non-existent flaws...and finally encouraging her wen she is feeling low...and geet hating his arrogance and lack of decency...ends up gathering all the courage that he instills in her...

the first turning point comes wen geet hugs maan under the rain...that was the time wen maan realises that he is changing...
the second turning point comes wen geet runs all over to the darga to get one glimpse of maan to know that he is safe...that was the day geet knows that try as hard as she may but she has fallen in love with the man who just few hours back accused her of chasing him for money...the event that shud hv gvn her reason to hate him...actually made her realise her growing feelings for him...

from then on started a love saga unprecedented in the history of any love story...
a wonderful, touching story...where maan tells us that no matter wat the past...it is the purity of geet's soul that has transformed him from a girl hater to the most profound lover on earth...and geet tells us that no matter wat one man (dev) did to her...it is maan's honesty, integrity and the ability to hurt her and yet make her smile...makes him the prince of her heart...

and above all GC, DD's performance as maan and geet...their ability to make the characters alive on screen...each pain, trauma, happiness, exhilaration, anger, frustration...cud be seen in their eyes...barry sir's awesome words that he put on paper were brought to life by GC-DD...the story, screenplay and direction of the initial 9 months...made the show a golden star in the world of indian television...it may be over on screen...but it will be there in our hearts to cherish forever...the feeling of loss will never go...but at the same time i feel enriched as i hv experienced the journey of love of maan and geet...the eternal lovers...

both of them for their past experiences lost faith in love...ironically these same 2 ppl r the ones who taught each other the true meaning of love...
"u dont hv to believe in love to fall in love...wen u fall in love with the right person u learn the meaning of love"

maandays will never be the same for me πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­
awesome post and analysis..thanks..ghsp is truely a masterpiece..an unforgettable love saga potrayed so beautifully by  the leads dd  and gc;the two most talented,versatile and amazing actors the indian telly have ever seen.. gc and dd...the king and queen of expressions,.their eyes speak more than their words..their chemistry was just mindblowing..kudos to dd and gc for their extraordinary journey as maaneet.hope to see them together again very soon...
Beautifully writtenπŸ‘πŸ‘...my journey is pretty much the same...though I only started to watch the show because I loved DD in DMG and wanted to see her in a totally different avatar...though at the time I thought her pairing with Abhinav was really dreamy I had no idea that her paring with Gurmeet would be the best that Indian television has ever seen
Beauuutifully penned down...πŸ‘πŸ‘

Darling, so well recalled, a past of fiery romance, the hunt for justice, the innocence and repeated emotional saga of life in a nutshell.  I for one reject every channel that allowed GHSP to end.  For me "Life OK" is a no no, even if Mahadev is scripted by Swati.  GC & DD were one of a kind, werent they?  Love life like Maan & Geet did,  

Al.

aditi ... nice post dear ... well explained ... loved it ... missing GHSP ... if u want GHSP 2 with a fresh story ... then please fight for it ... like we all are doing ...

Awesome post dear...very very well written..!! Love your post..!!
Really appreciate ur feelings...we all are fighting for Ghsp 2 and are pretty positive that our efforts won't go in vain πŸ˜ƒ

I have mad a Video with these pics do PM if want to see it . By the way nice Post πŸ˜› .
Great post! πŸ‘πŸΌ

GEET & MAANEET will always be forever & always for me! β€οΈ

No other show or couple will come close to their magic! πŸ˜

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7BiD2vgMs&feature=share[/YOUTUBE]