shama's chat!! (28-03-05)

poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Monday March 28, 1:41 PM

Ask a star

By A hitList Correspondent

The main protagonist of the Sony daily Ye Meri Life Hai is the peppy Pooja, played by Shama Sikander.

This saga, about a middle-class Gujarati girl who harbours dreams of being a film director, has now turned into a relationships saga with Pooja caught between two men — Ashmit and Ronit.

In this week's Ask A Star, she takes time off from her shoot to answer queries from hitList readers…

You have worked in the Telugu film titled Priya Neesthama with actor Venu. How was it working in the South? How did you get the role?
Monica Jawadi

Dear Monica, it was great fun working in the South. I enjoyed the experience tremendously. I bagged this film through a common friend.

Like your character Pooja in Ye Meri Life Hai, do you have any interest in direction?
— Tarun Kamra

Dear Tarun, Yes, I do. But it will be later on in life; at the moment I want to act.

Are you satisfied with your role in Ye Meri Life Hai? Are you planning to return to the big screen? — Shweta
Dear Shweta, I am very satisfied. It has given me a lot of recognition. There is no question of returning to the big screen, because I have never left it. I have been doing films; as Ye Meri Life Hai is a daily soap, there is not much time left to take up another assignment.

If you could change one thing about Pooja, what would it be? — Nadia
Dear Nadia, the fact that she thinks a bit too much. I wish she would stop thinking and just get on with life.

Why do you work in average Indian films? When will you visit fans like me who are from Pakistan? — Sufyan Khan
Dear Sufyan, as an actor, you look for good roles, the rest is for the audience to decide. As for your second question, I would love to visit Pakistan one day. In fact, my maternal grandmother would often visit Pakistan and from childhood I always wanted to go there. I hope to visit the country soon.

How different is your Ye Meri Life Hai character Pooja from your real self? — Ramlah Merchant
Dear Ramlah, it's different except for the fact that like Pooja, even I think a lot. I wish both of us would stop that excessive brooding.

Who helps you most on the sets of Ye Meri Life Hai?
Ye Meri Life Hai fan club members

Dear YMLH fans, the entire unit is like one big family.

When will we see you back with Ronit? When will Pooja make her first film? Who is your best friend on the sets? – Taf
Dear Taf, that's a lot of questions! All those things depend on the production house and the channel. As for your last question, everyone is a best friend on the sets; we are one big family.

Is there anyone you are seeing? — Subur Sheen
Dear Subur, where is the time to see anyone? I am only seeing the camera nowadays!

*Shona* IF-Rockerz
*Shona*
*Shona*

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
thanx poison ivy!!!!Smile
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 showin us poison ivySmile
Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 3:38pm | IP Logged

Dear Poison Thanks for sharing!

oh god too many deers in one article.

PreityGirl Senior Member
PreityGirl
PreityGirl

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharin poison ivy! lol ya, too many "dears"! I hope pretty soon she will be calling Amit Jain that too! Wink
poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
hehe!! u wish preity girl|!! Wink
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharingTongue
dreamerrrrr IF-Dazzler
dreamerrrrr