Maryada

India-Forums

Maryada
Maryada

Maryaada Written Update: December 19, 2011 (Page 3)

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Thanks for the update. Really like how they handled Vidya's father.  It didn't register at first, but no doubt a lightbulb went off in his head after a few minutes.  I wonder if her mother knew. We'd been assuming she didn't but perhaps she did.

Imli - thank goodness. I couldn't take any more of her judging attitude that showed through in all of her exchanges with Devyani.

I liked it too Arshie but how did Vidya's Dad go from wondering what illness "gay" was to understanding it? I agree...I guess a light bulb went off in his head! The mother did not know...it has never been explicitly told to her. All she knew was that Vidya & Gaurav never consummated their marriage. Yet, she did not look all that shocked today.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

indiaforums1234forestrytvdekha..Naina..FIZK6KhatamKahani

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --PiaSenGupta--

Hey Jaya you write so well .. I wish i could update like you ..Anyways the show is in a very interesting stage ..But there is a fear inside..Is Maryada going to end soon? So many new shows lined up for SP..
Less TRP and most importantly culmination of tracks ..

Thanks Pia. That is exactly what I was wondering about too...are they sprinting towards the finish line? Too many sub-plots are being wrapped up and they are now headed to the climax.

forestrytvdekhaPirated_Fun..Naina..FIZK6KhatamKahani

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tvdekha

Thanks Sauten...
m sure u r loving SJ more though..
It was good to see Priya with powerful dialogues n expressions today.Smile

Yo Souten...you know me so well! Embarrassed I liked Priya's characterization today too! I loved Brahma's state and his dialogues! ROFL

forestrytvdekhaPirated_Fun..Naina..FIZK6KhatamKahani

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FIZK6

Rits ... What Priya said to Gaurav was not wrong but i felt there should have been a line where she said, Vidya was wronged too and he shouldnt have married her, But i'm also  thinking now wasnt the time to tell him that since he was already  feeling guilty as it was. And Vidya too wanted to hear words of acceptance from Priya for Gauravji. Maybe that will come up later.
Priya's going by the fact that he already feels guilty over marrying Vidya.  They all know that the mistake was done.  There's really no point in Priya telling him that again. He got the deserved blasting from Vidya's father.  Plus Priya looked over to Vidya and saw Vidya's reaction when Gaurav was calling himself a bad person.

Priya in fact did say he made a mistake.  It's just she understood why he would do that.  As much as he's wrong, I understand why he gave in and married. He's wrong, yes. But it's hard for people to deal with such situations even in real life, let alone what he dealt with his mother and Brahma.

Priya I think was thinking more along the lines of Gaurav not "committing a second mistake to cover up his first mistake."  In Priya's eyes Gaurav could have slept with Vidya and gone along with this lie, but he didn't do that. He attempted to "free" Vidya.  

Edited by likarsh - 19 December 2011 at 7:54pm

indiaforums1234forestrytvdekha..Naina..FIZK6BheegiBasanti

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by tvdekha

Thanks Sauten...
m sure u r loving SJ more though..
It was good to see Priya with powerful dialogues n expressions today.Smile

Rits ... What Priya said to Gaurav was not wrong but i felt there should have been a line where she said, Vidya was wronged too and he shouldnt have married her, But i'm also  thinking now wasnt the time to tell him that since he was already  feeling guilty as it was. And Vidya too wanted to hear words of acceptance from Priya for Gauravji. Maybe that will come up later.

Fizi...maybe I am over-thinking this but there was a wordless exchange of expressions between Vidya & Priya before Priya jumped in to her monologue. To me, it felt like Priya got Vidya's approval.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

indiaforums1234tvdekha..Naina..FIZK6KhatamKahani

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BheegiBasanti

I liked it too Arshie but how did Vidya's Dad go from wondering what illness "gay" was to understanding it? I agree...I guess a light bulb went off in his head! The mother did not know...it has never been explicitly told to her. All she knew was that Vidya & Gaurav never consummated their marriage. Yet, she did not look all that shocked today.
Just copying and pasting what I wrote in the other thread

From what I gather he knew what gay is.  He just didn't connect the term "gay" to it.  Surely he's heard of the term before here and there, they have access to a television. They're not totally isolated.  It just took him a bit to make that connection.  

If Gaurav had used the Sanskrit term, I suspect he would've understood straight away.  

indiaforums1234forestrytvdekha..Naina..BheegiBasantiFIZK6

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indiaforums1234

Another great episode!

Priya's reaction was interesting as she completely defended Gaurav's position and assured him that he's not a bad person and has tried hard to correct his mistakes, without knowing Devyani was responsible...
In contrast, Adi's first reaction when he found out about Gaurav was different, where he first thought about Vidya and the injustice done to her before even beginning to understand what Gaurav went through. 

It's also interesting to see that Vidya consistently comes to protect Gaurav. Today again we see her standing in front of Gaurav arguing with her father. She didn't have the courage to argue with her father when he was forcing her to take bad medicine, go to doctors or tantrics, but there she was fighting for Gaurav. Going by this, it's going to be extremely difficult for her to let go of Gaurav, even though she says she will! Let's see how this story plays out.

Well said!

You know...Vidya's defense of Gaurav did not sit well with me. It's one thing to ask her father not to question Gaurav, but entirely another to tell him that this was a matter between a husband and a wife...especially given how she left with Aditya to come home.  I also did not like how she kept looking lovingly/desperately at Gaurav while clutching his hand...all while defending him.

Edited by BheegiBasanti - 19 December 2011 at 6:25pm

indiaforums1234forestrytvdekha..Naina..FIZK6KhatamKahani

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Priya's going by the fact that he already feels guilty over marry.  They all know that the mistake was done.  There's really no point in Priya telling him that again. He got the deserved blasting from Vidya's father.  Plus Priya looked over to Vidya and saw Vidya's reaction when Gaurav was calling himself a bad person.

Priya in fact did say he made a mistake.  It's just she understood why he would do that.  As much as he's wrong, I understand why he gave in and married. He's wrong, yes. But it's hard for people to deal with such situations even in real life, let alone what he dealt with his mother and Brahma.

Priya I think was more along the lines of Gaurav not "committing a second mistake to cover up his first mistake."  In Priya's eyes Gaurav could have slept with Vidya and gone along with this lie, but he didn't do that. He attempted to "free" Vidya.  

Perfectly put Arshie!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

indiaforums1234tvdekha..Naina..FIZK6KhatamKahani

Go to top