Maryaada Written Update: December 19, 2011 - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
well described update and quite thoroughly done too.  Thanks so much.
Originally posted by FIZK6

<font color="#CC3366" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Thanks Jaya.
Yeah the pace is picking up, which is good. It seems the story is moving in the direction for Aditya to start realising the truth about his dad. </font>

But at the same time it's like everything is coming out so then how long can the show last?
Thanks Sauten...
m sure u r loving SJ more though..
It was good to see Priya with powerful dialogues n expressions today.😊
Originally posted by tvdekha

Thanks Sauten...

Rits ... What Priya said to Gaurav was not wrong but i felt there should have been a line where she said, Vidya was wronged too and he shouldnt have married her, But i'm also  thinking now wasnt the time to tell him that since he was already  feeling guilty as it was. And Vidya too wanted to hear words of acceptance from Priya for Gauravji. Maybe that will come up later.
Another great episode!

Priya's reaction was interesting as she completely defended Gaurav's position and assured him that he's not a bad person and has tried hard to correct his mistakes, without knowing Devyani was responsible...
In contrast, Adi's first reaction when he found out about Gaurav was different, where he first thought about Vidya and the injustice done to her before even beginning to understand what Gaurav went through. 

It's also interesting to see that Vidya consistently comes to protect Gaurav. Today again we see her standing in front of Gaurav arguing with her father. She didn't have the courage to argue with her father when he was forcing her to take bad medicine, go to doctors or tantrics, but there she was fighting for Gaurav. Going by this, it's going to be extremely difficult for her to let go of Gaurav, even though she says she will! Let's see how this story plays out.
Originally posted by likarsh

Thanks for the update. Really like how they handled Vidya's father.  It didn't register at first, but no doubt a lightbulb went off in his head after a few minutes.  I wonder if her mother knew. We'd been assuming she didn't but perhaps she did.

Imli - thank goodness. I couldn't take any more of her judging attitude that showed through in all of her exchanges with Devyani.

I liked it too Arshie but how did Vidya's Dad go from wondering what illness "gay" was to understanding it? I agree...I guess a light bulb went off in his head! The mother did not know...it has never been explicitly told to her. All she knew was that Vidya & Gaurav never consummated their marriage. Yet, she did not look all that shocked today.
Originally posted by --PiaSenGupta--

Hey Jaya you write so well .. I wish i could update like you ..Anyways the show is in a very interesting stage ..But there is a fear inside..Is Maryada going to end soon? So many new shows lined up for SP..
Less TRP and most importantly culmination of tracks ..

Thanks Pia. That is exactly what I was wondering about too...are they sprinting towards the finish line? Too many sub-plots are being wrapped up and they are now headed to the climax.

Originally posted by tvdekha

Thanks Sauten...

Yo Souten...you know me so well! 😳 I liked Priya's characterization today too! I loved Brahma's state and his dialogues! 🤣

Rits ... What Priya said to Gaurav was not wrong but i felt there should have been a line where she said, Vidya was wronged too and he shouldnt have married her, But i'm also  thinking now wasnt the time to tell him that since he was already  feeling guilty as it was. And Vidya too wanted to hear words of acceptance from Priya for Gauravji. Maybe that will come up later.
Priya's going by the fact that he already feels guilty over marrying Vidya.  They all know that the mistake was done.  There's really no point in Priya telling him that again. He got the deserved blasting from Vidya's father.  Plus Priya looked over to Vidya and saw Vidya's reaction when Gaurav was calling himself a bad person.

Priya in fact did say he made a mistake.  It's just she understood why he would do that.  As much as he's wrong, I understand why he gave in and married. He's wrong, yes. But it's hard for people to deal with such situations even in real life, let alone what he dealt with his mother and Brahma.

Priya I think was thinking more along the lines of Gaurav not "committing a second mistake to cover up his first mistake."  In Priya's eyes Gaurav could have slept with Vidya and gone along with this lie, but he didn't do that. He attempted to "free" Vidya.  
Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago

Fizi...maybe I am over-thinking this but there was a wordless exchange of expressions between Vidya & Priya before Priya jumped in to her monologue. To me, it felt like Priya got Vidya's approval.