Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Sleeping With The Enemy- Copy/Adaptation/Reality

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

crazygod

crazygod

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
I have been reading comments that the serial is copy/adaptation of Daraar, Agnisakshi, Sleeping with the enemy, Enough... Well rarely anyone is aware that even before the english novel 'sleeping with the enemy' came in 1987; in 1980 Malayalam film 'Manjil Virinja Pookal' was made. 

But to me this serial is a take on real scenario of marital abuse which is very common in India, whether some of us believe it or not. So many news articles come every month, so many NGO's have been formed to eradicate this social evil, which most of the time go unreported, as many women in India take it as way of life, or have no other option. The show's first episode only suggest that in future more dark stuff will be shown, which I don't know if even being a man, I will be able to watch, but the real stories of marital abuse is more offending and disturbing... 

We love to believe that India has liberated and modernized, women have equality. But how much is the truth to it, apart from few modern homes out of 150 million Indian homes. And this marital abuse is also a problem in so called Developed Western Cultures, though less in percentile.

Someone on the forum commented against the show, and the brutality that is being shown. I understand the concern of the person concerned but the serial I feel must be having a bigger motive. I sincerely hope, that through this serial, those men with habit of man-handling their wives and children, get to see the mirror, and understand the pain and plight of their family. And I also hope, that unlike above mentioned films, where heroines either ran away, or these brutal husbands were killed, the show makers try to offer some real practical solution to the problem, and motivate those suffering housewives to take action against such husbands... And if this happens it would be the change of TV, towards making it a more socially responsible medium... 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ns2095LuvStrk-001asmaanixx

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sleeping With The Enemy- Copy/Adaptation/Reality" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pixienasrin

Goldie

pixienasrin

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Its not a problem that occurs in India...it happpens in every patriarchial society...particularly where the child gets used to seeing is mom and other womens getting beaten by their male counterparts or rather their "better halves"...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LuvStrk-001FreshDaisy

asmaanixx

IF-Stunnerz

asmaanixx

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
I really hope that they show, like you said above, a more practical solution out of this problem rather than murdering the husband or just running away.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.