India-Forums

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Agar tum na hote Ekta!

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
E kta Kapoor quitting television for a year was an April Fool's Day story carried by a national daily. Now just imagine (we did) if she really does quit making soaps, what would be the scenario like? What if Ekta actually decides to leave the small screen alone? Here we present five ups and downs if the K-queen ever puts her feet up and says 'enough'. Pros The alphabet 'K' would breathe easy. English teachers and grammar pundits will heave a sigh of relief. For once, every word would be spelt right and nobody will ever have to face the challenge of keeping up with the multiple I's and e's in long-drawn serial titles.

TV producers will actually start thinking of fresh, newer ideas and not be the alsorans. They won't just blindly follow what's already been done and tested in K-soaps but will come up with more innovative plots and storylines to keep the viewers hooked. Maybe, just may be, channels would back new writers, producers and directors; think beyond kitchen politics; have shows that have a finite, start to finish life-line and not subject the hapless couch potato, day after day, week after week, and year after year, to soppy sagas. Homemakers would probably have more time on hand to do more fruitful things than just peel potatoes and watch Smriti Iraani a.k.a Tulsi Virani peel onions and give sermons on 'middle class values' Cons Star TV will have a serious problem at hand. Just imagine, if all K shows come to a halt, most of Star's programming line-up and popularity stakes will be definitely affected. At least 5,000 (the figure may be more) people including actors, directors and technicians and unit hands will be seriously out of work. Suddenly TV will have lots of empty time slots and every TV producer would be scurrying to fill it up. Mass entertainment channels will be in all probability deprived of some masala/OTT programmes. The media, both print and electronic, will have a tough time filling up pages and getting juicy sound-bytes if the spicy stories from Ekta's K-factory stop rolling. Finally, Ekta Kapoor will have loads of time on hand to just take it easy and probably plan on how she would make up for her year-long absence on the idiot box.

sarabhaifan Newbie
sarabhaifan
sarabhaifan

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
plz can u give specify the source
bye the way thanx for article
--Pinky-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Pinky--
--Pinky--

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Sukhi dossray bhi to channels hain jo Kekta kay dramas kay beyghair chal rahey hain.

Sure we all incl. me r now addicted to her dramas mostly Kyunki and KZK but others i dont think r doing so well anyways, if and when she decides to end these 2 and start new ones unless she has new ideas i dont think they will have attract that much of viewship either.

I think Ekta is also insecure and that is why especially these 2 serials she would continue till i guess infinity even though the ideas, storyline, plots, twists, curves (especially Tulsis) have all been exhausted.

No matter what i still wish that Star+ starts in Pakistan SOOOOOOOON!!!

DeepAnBH IF-Dazzler
DeepAnBH
DeepAnBH

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

Thanks Sukhi

What would happen to trhe stars?? and their source of income !!!

.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:58am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing sukhi
Immie Goldie
Immie
Immie

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 5:16am | IP Logged
thanx..
mehak.S IF-Sizzlerz
mehak.S