Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

YOU GOT FOOLED! (RESHAMMIYA’S SURGERY)

NBA ALL-STAR thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

IT WAS A JOKE BY MUMBAI MIRROR! THERE IS NO SURGERY!

Fooled ya!
Sunday, April 02, 2006 | City

No, Himesh Reshammiya is not about to undergo a nasal surgery soon. Our report on the Polyps in his nose was just us fooling around in the good old tradition of April 1st. This was the creative story our readers had to point out to in our 'Spot the Hoax' contest. Reshammiya gets in on the joke and this is what he had to say:

Yes, it was quite funny.  But what are these nasal polyps?  I have never heard of them before. Whatever they are, they have really created panic. I haven't been able to get any work done since morning. I have been getting thousands of phone calls and SMSes. Everyone has been enquiring about my health. All those who took the report seriously advised me against the surgery. They seem to be worried that if things go wrong, I may not be able to sing…

I have been playing along with the joke.  I told everyone that I will decide on whether I should go in for the surgery or not soon. It's fun to keep people guessing, you see.

My fans are also wondering why I should listen to my detractors and change my singing style. I agree. I am proud of my style. But there has been so much criticism that I decided to hit back by singing in different styles too. I have recently sung 'Humko Deewana Kar Gaye'  and 'Zara Jhoom Jhoom' in the middle octaves, and 'Kitna pyar karte' in the low octave, which are far from nasal.

But I want to assure my fans that this was just an All fool's day prank. My voice is fine and I'll keep entertaining everyone.

Edited by NBA ALL-STAR - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
we knew it already!!!

😛

😆 😆 😆
NBA ALL-STAR thumbnail
HERE IS THE LINK TO PROVE IT!
Somone said in the comments to the article that HR's voice saved his shaadi!!

[quote]
But some of our readers who took the story seriously frantically smsed the singer

• Please don't undergo any surgery to change your voice. Your voice has saved my marriage.
- Bubby

• Please, please, please, Himesh Sir, don't change your voice. I will kill myself. I listen to your songs all day and night. Please, please, please, my friends love your voice also. We talk about you in college all the time. Don't let down your biggest fan.
- Priya

• Just read in paper, man. Don't be crazy, man. You got mind-blowing voice. I like 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja'. Cool voice, man.
- John from Goa

• You dare not change your voice. I'll be damned if I ever buy any audio CD if you do.
- Sonya, Delhi

Another concerned Reshamiyya fan wrote to us:

• Reshammiya has put so much stress on his nose while singing that he has developed nasal polyps. I am not sure whether he will be able to sing the same way and and win awards for his different style of singing. The nasal polyps has played a vital role in his singing success.
- Shrikrishna Dhale

[/quote]

lol
teenindia_usa thumbnail
😆

😕 sorry little lat NbA
apparaohoare thumbnail
[QUOTE=NBA ALL-STAR]

Fooled ya!

No, Himesh Reshammiya is not about to undergo a nasal surgery soon. Our report on the Polyps in his nose was just us fooling around in the good old tradition of April 1st. This was the creative story our readers had to point out to in our 'Spot the Hoax' contest. Reshammiya gets in on the joke and this is what he had to say:

Yes, it was quite funny.  But what are these nasal polyps?  I have never heard of them before. Whatever they are, they have really created panic. I haven't been able to get any work done since morning. I have been getting thousands of phone calls and SMSes. Everyone has been enquiring about my health. All those who took the report seriously advised me against the surgery. They seem to be worried that if things go wrong, I may not be able to sing…

I have been playing along with the joke.  I told everyone that I will decide on whether I should go in for the surgery or not soon. It's fun to keep people guessing, you see.

My fans are also wondering why I should listen to my detractors and change my singing style. I agree. I am proud of my style. But there has been so much criticism that I decided to hit back by singing in different styles too. I have recently sung 'Humko diwana zara' and 'Jhoom jhoom' in the middle octaves, and 'Kitna pyar karte' in the low octave, which are far from nasal.

But I want to assure my fans that this was just an All fool's day prank. My voice is fine and I'll keep entertaining everyone.

[/QUOTE]

Now this is the the biggest April Fool's prank.  😆

😆

😆

Originally posted by: apparaohoare

[QUOTE=NBA ALL-STAR]

Fooled ya!

My fans are also wondering why I should listen to my detractors and change my singing style. I agree. I am proud of my style. But there has been so much criticism that I decided to hit back by singing in different styles too. I have recently sung 'Humko diwana zara' and 'Jhoom jhoom' in the middle octaves, and 'Kitna pyar karte' in the low octave, which are far from nasal.

Now this is the the biggest April Fool's prank.  😆

😆

😆

[/QUOTE]

lol

ya and see the Green bolded one too!!!

He is Entertaining EVERYONE!??!?!?

Edited by Wailing Banshee - 18 years ago
NBA ALL-STAR thumbnail
I just posted this so evryone can know that this is a prank! not so you can bash HR!
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wailing Banshee

Somone said in the comments to the article that HR's voice saved his shaadi!!

[quote]
But some of our readers who took the story seriously frantically smsed the singer

• Please don't undergo any surgery to change your voice. Your voice has saved my marriage.   I was just wondering how?  😆
- Bubby

• Please, please, please, Himesh Sir, don't change your voice. I will kill myself. I listen to your songs all day and night. Please, please, please, my friends love your voice also. We talk about you in college all the time. Don't let down your biggest fan.
- Priya

• Just read in paper, man. Don't be crazy, man. You got mind-blowing voice. I like 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja'. Cool voice, man.
- John from Goa

• You dare not change your voice. I'll be damned if I ever buy any audio CD if you do.
- Sonya, Delhi

Another concerned Reshamiyya fan wrote to us:

• Reshammiya has put so much stress on his nose while singing that he has developed nasal polyps. I am not sure whether he will be able to sing the same way and and win awards for his different style of singing. The nasal polyps has played a vital role in his singing success.
- Shrikrishna Dhale

[/quote]

lol

Who are these geniuses.  🤢

NBA ALL-STAR thumbnail
ok sorry i didnt know it was posted earlier!