Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
bump..

ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by ab_srgmp

Hema did not get as much praise once the gharanas were formed, because the opposing mentors knew that he was a threat to their (less talented) chelas.

ID was ok, but you could just see the expression on Himesh's face. He was kind of panicking. He always had this stone face on. When Hema sang 'Tanhayee', Himesh knew that he sang really well, but the best he could get himself to do was barely clap with two to three fingers, and mutter under his breath "good job".

When Hema's final episode came up, that when they were OPENLY praising the guy. What a bunch of ....

hmm..interesting observation.. Himesh had the same expression when any singer other than Vinit..

There were only two other instances where HR praised him:

1. RAmta jogi... "Hemachandra extraordinary!" (but he goofed up by making the stupid SPB, Yesudas vs Sukwinder comment. I think the only reason he did all this was to make up for being a TOTAL...hmm let me find a nice word...JERK to his mom in the previos episode. Yeah like that is going to cut it. If you notice, Hema was unwilling to make eye contact with him (even after getting 10 on the mento meter. I don't blame the kid. If I were Hema, I would not be able to hide my disgust/rage.

2. The Taboo episode (where Hema was actually supposed to be eliminated, but they postponed it to the next day). When the three were singing 'Yun hi Chal, chal rahi', when Hema does his part of the alaap, you can see HR gesturing towards him and acting like he was all impressed. PLEase HR, you probably knew that he was out that day. Whatever.
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 8:18am | IP Logged
HR seems like a big bully to me (no offence, I am a huge fan of his music but not him as a person).. like he is so jealous of other performers..

I thought AS and ID were atleast sane, ID never hyped Nihira or AS never hyped Hemu even to 1/10th of how much HR hyped Vinit. I personally think Vinit could have won if not for the hyping! That hyping ruined him.. I mean seriously if you think Vinit is so good, why hype him SO mch ?!? The reason ID never hyped Nihira or AS never hyped Hemu was because they knew that these people had a great voice (I am giving them benefit of doubt)..HR was just being silly..

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jaadoogar

HR seems like a big bully to me (no offence, I am a huge fan of his music but not him as a person).. like he is so jealous of other performers..

I thought AS and ID were atleast sane, ID never hyped Nihira or AS never hyped Hemu even to 1/10th of how much HR hyped Vinit. I personally think Vinit could have won if not for the hyping! That hyping ruined him.. I mean seriously if you think Vinit is so good, why hype him SO mch ?!? The reason ID never hyped Nihira or AS never hyped Hemu was because they knew that these people had a great voice (I am giving them benefit of doubt)..HR was just being silly..

Agar HR Vinit ko hype nahin karta to Vinit to 2-3 round mein kick out ho jata.

I dont think so.. i think Vinit would have STILL made it to top 5.. Vinit had a good potential.. I am going to offend a lot of Sharib fans by saying this but Sharib was very inconsistent.. i was watching his performances n barring tadap tadap and aashiq banaya aapne the rest were pretty mediocre.. i mean people say tat he was good enough to win SRGMP C05, i doubt it.. i think if it was fair he should have been in place of paresh
elimination shuld have been in this order

1) Rajeev
2) Twinkle
3) Raktima
4) Ujjaini
5) Paresh
6) Sharib
7) Swananda
8) Debojeet
9) Himani/Vinit
10) Vinit/Himani
11) Nihira/Hemu
12) Nihira/Hemu

this shld have been ideal elimination !

vinit was pretty consistent and gave some memorable performances..  he def deserver to be till top 3 or top ..

my point is, if he was such a good singer, y hype him ? unless Himesh felt tat Hemu was a HUGE competition for vinit.. ?!
sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 2:15pm | IP Logged

vinit was pretty consistent and gave some memorable performances..  he def deserver to be till top 3 or top ..

my point is, if he was such a good singer, y hype him ? unless Himesh felt tat Hemu was a HUGE competition for vinit.. ?!

without the hype, everybody would have concentrated on his singing, you think that would have gone down well?

As for the original topic, Why Hema did not get the hype, in my opinion two words, Adesh Shrivastava

If AS would not have been hung up on Himani(she is pretty good too, but) he would have noticed the talent of Hemachandra.

Tell me Hema fans, Hema has such an excellent talent we all agree to that, what round did he start singing to his strengths?

Let us compare his song choices vs Nihira, Nihira's songs mostly had some kind of fireworks(Rangeela Re, I love U) In the round of 12, Hema started that like in the final 4 etc, that too was not AS driving it, it was someone else

In this time jo dihkata hai, woh hi bikta hai

I know people are going to jump on me for this, Hema and AS are equally to be blamed as the other judges for him not getting the required pat on the back.

Just my POV, you can have yoursWink

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

without the hype, everybody would have concentrated on his singing, you think that would have gone down well?

As for the original topic, Why Hema did not get the hype, in my opinion two words, Adesh Shrivastava

If AS would not have been hung up on Himani(she is pretty good too, but) he would have noticed the talent of Hemachandra.

Tell me Hema fans, Hema has such an excellent talent we all agree to that, what round did he start singing to his strengths?

Let us compare his song choices vs Nihira, Nihira's songs mostly had some kind of fireworks(Rangeela Re, I love U) In the round of 12, Hema started that like in the final 4 etc, that too was not AS driving it, it was someone else

I know people are going to jump on me for this, Hema and AS are equally to be blamed as the other judges for him not getting the required pat on the back.

I dont think Hema is as much as to blame as much as AS is, in a recent interview on Maa TV i think, Hemu said that he wanted to sing Nahin Saamne much earlier on the show but AS told him not to sing because it isn't a popular song..

AS always gave Hemu 'popular' songs.. I Love You, Oh Saathi Re might be difficult songs, but how many of the youth today know these songs. I'll be honest to say that I listen to a lot of old music but I never heard of I love you. The only songs from HRHK which i remember is probably Dum Maro Dum and O Re Kanchi..

In the end I think AS woke up and realised that Hemu had a very good classical potential and thats when he gave him a free hand in picking songs..
sarangee Newbie
sarangee
sarangee

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sareg

I dont think Hema is as much as to blame as much as AS is, in a recent interview on Maa TV i think, Hemu said that he wanted to sing Nahin Saamne much earlier on the show but AS told him not to sing because it isn't a popular song..

AS always gave Hemu 'popular' songs.. I Love You, Oh Saathi Re might be difficult songs, but how many of the youth today know these songs. I'll be honest to say that I listen to a lot of old music but I never heard of I love you. The only songs from HRHK which i remember is probably Dum Maro Dum and O Re Kanchi..

In the end I think AS woke up and realised that Hemu had a very good classical potential and thats when he gave him a free hand in picking songs..

Madhavi, I agree with you. There are so many semi classical songs sung by Sony (Kismat Se Tum from Pukar), Roop Kumar Rathod (Khamosh Raat from Thakshak), Ar Rehman (Yeh Jo Desh from Swades) and Hariharan (Chanda Re from Sapnay) which Hemu would have sung fantastically. But he was not given the chance. One big diff between saregamapa and indian idol is that in indian idol you get the chance to sing what you want but in saregamapa, the mentors do it for you. Himani also said this in a chat. I STRoNGLY believe that Hemu's talents and classical training was grossly underutilized. That is why I had written earlier that he should not be compared to Hrishikesh as we only got a glimpse of his talents thru a few songs like Hayrama, Saathiya and Nahin samne which he did complete justice to. Bottomline is that AS was a foo. Himani was his favorite and he gave her all the attention and for some weird reason, Rajeev also. I have sung in prchestras and I have to say that I have seen at least 10-20 singers better than Rajeev. Towards the end when Hemu was the only guy left did he make a pathetic attempt to promote him.

autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Nihira was voted out after the SaAthi RE song, which was so good, That goes to say a lot about indian public.
So in a way AS was right in choosing popular songs for Hema. Ithink it was TAnhayee or Ae ajnabi song that Hema got thelowestscores isnt it? Public is very illiterate about good music. Their memory of good songs is very limited.
About Rajeev I totally agree, he was so bad. He did not sing a single song well
i agree with your votingout Madhavi, except Paresh should have been voted out earlier. His range was verylimited and he picked very safe songs. He was very charming and nice guy like Debojit, but singing was very average. He should have gone out before Ujjaini and SHarib.

Go to top