India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Hema and Judges (Page 7)

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Shubhangi, I agree with you on the classical frontier. With respect to classical singing, Hrishikesh is better. But with respect to singing bollywood songs, I would say Hemu is MUCH better. His voice suits more actors.

My opinion about Hrishikesh was not formed after hearing his old performances but after hearing him sing in Dubai where he sang a lot of relatively new songs (This was 2 yrs back) but yes, he did sing more classical based songs and not the pop ones he is singing now. The only classical or loosely classical songs Hemu sang are Hay Rama, Nahin Saamne, Saathiya and Mitwa to a certain extent and he excelled in these.. so he is very good with these too! Thats y i clearly said in my last line that hearing more classical songs from Hemu might change my opinion..

But to me, the best singer in reality shows today has to be Hemu !

Bansari7 IF-Dazzler
Bansari7
Bansari7

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 6:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Madhavi, I can hold Preyasi for 2 seconds longer than hemu Embarrassed LOL

???????Is that you in you avatar?????????????????

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
Abhi.. GO SLEEP !! LOL
ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fm_qazi

I need to do more research, but they were South Indian same as Bhumika Chawla and other north indian actress who not being south Indian but got more success in south Indian movie. That means we all from south or north or east or west are accomodative and respect our choices and each other choices.

Simran and Jyothika got a lot more success in the Tamil Industry than in Bollywood too.
ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Hema did not get as much praise once the gharanas were formed, because the opposing mentors knew that he was a threat to their (less talented) chelas.

ID was ok, but you could just see the expression on Himesh's face. He was kind of panicking. He always had this stone face on. When Hema sang 'Tanhayee', Himesh knew that he sang really well, but the best he could get himself to do was barely clap with two to three fingers, and mutter under his breath "good job".

When Hema's final episode came up, that when they were OPENLY praising the guy. What a bunch of ....
prietyny Goldie
prietyny
prietyny

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
I LOVE HIM
autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
THats so true absrmp. ID atleast looked impressed with Hema's songs with his facial expressions and movements, but of course I would have to say for that one song Vinit sang, going on stage to hug him was a little too much. He was reasonably fair until AD got on his nerves

But HR was so stoic. It was weird. How could he atleast not enjoy good music. Weird person. Anyway his mannerisms are really weird and have never really seen him laugh heartily. He probably has some issues. But that aside, you are right he was not complimenting Hema.
He was the one who made a big deal about his diction, kept harping on it and compared him to SPB and had the arrogance to comment on singers like SPB, Yesudas and Hariharan when hema sang RAmtajogi. I am sure Hema was irritated too. I felt like slapping him. He hasnt even heard some of the wonderful songs SPB has sung, and his nerve. dont get me started.
AD was no better. He had to lose Rajeev and HImani to even consider Hema's potential. GOd that RAjeev cannot sing if his life was on hold and AD encouraged him so much and hardly talked about HEma. He was so busy praising every one under the sun, producer, director, MD that he forgot to talk anything about Hema, He was so annoying. He was desperate to get a chance with GHai looks like.
I think the celebrity judges probably gave him the most praise compared to these so called "mentors"
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ab_srgmp

Hema did not get as much praise once the gharanas were formed, because the opposing mentors knew that he was a threat to their (less talented) chelas.

ID was ok, but you could just see the expression on Himesh's face. He was kind of panicking. He always had this stone face on. When Hema sang 'Tanhayee', Himesh knew that he sang really well, but the best he could get himself to do was barely clap with two to three fingers, and mutter under his breath "good job".

When Hema's final episode came up, that when they were OPENLY praising the guy. What a bunch of ....

hmm..interesting observation.. Himesh had the same expression when any singer other than Vinit..

Go to top