India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Hema and Judges (Page 6)

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
Totally agree autmother ji. I said the same thing on the II forum after watching Karu's prformance.. I wish we could get hold of Hemu's performances too! Coz he did take part in Paduta Teeyaga and the telugu song by Karunya was sung at a concert at the local musical academy which is run by their family Ajanta..

I saw just one episode of EMAET and to hear Hrishikesh sing these songs, it pains me SO much. There really doesnt need to be a competition with emphasis on raagas and all, but even a simpler musical program like how SRGMP was in the beginning would be fine! SRGM was far more classically inclined but SRGMP too was pretty good. With some great singing talent coming out, there were also hard songs sung. I remember in one episode they made guys sing female songs and girls sing male songs. It was interesting to hear a guy render Aapki Nazaron ne Samjha, it sounded pretty nice! Thats what is required..hard to digest Hrishikesh now..hence I stopped watching. I saw him sing in Dubai when he won and he is a class apart.

I am sure Hemu would be as good as Hrishikesh when he is slightly older (mid 20s) and once his urdu diction improves.. Hemu has a more manly voice than Hrishikesh, that is for sure. Its a God gift in case of Hemu. A 17 year old guy to have such a good voice, its def. a gift.

I just wish we could have an episode with best of the best for SRGMP Challenge and make them sing songs of Hay Rama calibre with Hrishikesh, that would be a delight Big smile

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
bump
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
Abhi dear, when you clap, atleast MENTION for whom or what you are clapping !!

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by srianne

Originally posted by adwarakanath

No one....just bumping LOL

I thought you were clapping because someone (well... a pretty GIRL, ofcourse) bumped you. Wink

LOLLOL wonder who that is ! Wink
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

No one....just bumping LOL

I thought you were clapping because someone (well... a pretty GIRL, ofcourse) bumped you. Wink

LOLLOL wonder who that is ! Wink

I will let the DUDE answer this.... Tongue

hehe i think the DUDE has answered.. tsk tsk..kaise insaan ho abhi..ek thread pe tumhare aur seema ke hone waale bachon ke naam discuss kar rahe ho aur yaha.. che che.. aaj kal ke bache tauba tauba !!

taking full faida of the fact that seema is off eh. ?
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
Ouch thats too fast a beat for me LOL

Okie, we REALLYYY should stick to the topic..flirting can get onto another thread Big smile
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
heheh.. LOL

Back to the topic, is there any particular performance of Hemu you thought he was really good but didn't recieve the right praise or comments from the guests or the judges ?
sarangee Newbie
sarangee
sarangee

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by sarangee

Thanks for the facts and links! Clap

I have to say two things. I love the way Madhavi stands up for Hemu. fan ho to aisi. Her words are dripping in emotion and sentiment. Keep it up Madhavi and I mean it.

Secondly, I have been hearing a lot of Hrishikesh Ranade and personally speaking, Hema's voice is much better. Hrishikesh is also very good and excellent technically but Hema's voice is rare.

I can hold preyasi for 2 secs longer than HemuCryLOL

Hehe, abhi, dont worry I will stand up for you too when time comes!

Shubhangi, the reason I stand up for Hemu is because unlike a lot of girls who grow up admiring a film star or someone like that, I never had that fascination!! But suddenly comes across a guy from a very simple background, some1 who defied everything and stood up merely on basis of his talent, its something worth applauding. Thats the same reason I respect Amit Sana from II 1, Karunya from II 2 and Hemu and Nihira from SRGMP.. I loved Arijit's singing in FG but hated the fact tat they made every1 luk like sad people with the most challenged livelihood.

I agree with autmother ji about Karunya. Since he doesnt have a story, he has to rely on his singing and Sonu's hype to get him fwd. Why do good singers need hype?

Adding to discussion about south indian actresses, they did get their due credit in Bollywood and still do. Aishwarya Rai is south Indian, Tabu is south Indian, and they join the elite list of Hema Malini, Waheeda Rehman, Vyjanti Mala, Rekha etc. There is no shortage of good acting or good looks when it comes to girls down south.

In terms of actors, I agree with fm_qazi that south indian actors aren't as successful in bollywood as actresses. But then again, how many actors have done that? Madhavan was one, but he has such a huge fan base in south that even if he oes 1 - 2 movies down there, he is still a HUGE income factor. Same with Siddharth who acted in RDB, he doesnt need bollywood to make him famous, coz atleast down south people know him. I think the chocolaty looks work and unfortunate are thsoe people who miss out on some great acting because of the looks...

And commenting about Hrishikesh, EMAET is just ruining him. Shubhangi, if I can get hold of some older perforamnces of SRGMP when I go home, I will try emailing them to you. You MUST see Hrishikesh at his best.. I think he is a far far far better singer than Hemu..he is a class apart. But Hemu's strength is that he can perform better than Hrishikesh and being younger, he has a more charm. On purely singing basis, Hrishikesh is a class apart. Also its because we've heard him sing a lot of classical songs. If we heard Hemu sing more of Hay Rama calibre, then I guess the comments would be different.

I completely disagree with you about Hrishikesh being far far better than Hemu. I think you are being one tracked in your analysis. The focus in Saregemapa is very different from older times. It gives exposure to a whole variety or genre of songs with an emphasis on modern songs. I strongly believe that if the old format had been followed, then Hemu and Nihira would have been in the top 2. Also Hemu has done complete justice to semi classical songs like Hay Rama. I am still confused how you can form that opinion when Hemu has not sung that many classical songs as compared to old timer Saregama singers. Seeing Hrishikesh's discomfort singing normal songs in EMAET, I have to say Hemu, Karunya and Amey are more versatile than him. Most people forget that it is not only about classical singing to be a successful playback singer. You need a strong classical base which all these 4 singers have but you need a voice and feelings alongwith it. Md. Vakil was very good in classical having learnt from Ahmed/Md Hussain but he was too very classical to fit into movie singing. So, I will say among all the singers I have seen or heard, I will put my money on Hema, Karunya and Amey as they have the necessary classical touch, and the filmi voice to go.

Go to top