Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Hema and Judges (Page 4)

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by autmother

The only one actress really successful was Sridevi mainly for her glamour though because she has done many character movies in south indian languages. I cant think of anyone else. Jayapradha to some extent, but mediocre movies. ofcourse again itis the public I blame too. Md and producers really want to encourage those who with good market value.
You are right about the moustache though.

Here is long list:

Vijayantimala, Sridevi, Jayaparda, Hema Malini, Rekha, Bhumika Chawla etc.

During last 35-40 years Sridevi, Hema Malini and Rekha have been super star for atleast 20-25 years. Now it is Rani Mukherji who is also non-hindi(Bengali). They have to support those who has market value, because they are here to do business and earn money. I really do not blame anybody. It is just personal choice, if you ask people from south who is superstar in Indian cinema(including bollywood and regional industry) they will not say Amitabh Bachchan. I do not blame them because their choice is different than us.

Edited by fm_qazi - 01 April 2006 at 3:39pm

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

The only one actress really successful was Sridevi mainly for her glamour though because she has done many character movies in south indian languages. I cant think of anyone else. Jayapradha to some extent, but mediocre movies. ofcourse again itis the public I blame too. Md and producers really want to encourage those who with good market value.
You are right about the moustache though.

Vaijayanthimala and Hema Malini Heart my two all time favourites

Vaijayanthimala, right I forgot, but she hasnt done many southindian though.

hemamalini hasnt done any south indian movies has she????

I am not sure how many movies they did in south India, but I think once they got success in Hindi cinema they might have found bollywod more lucerative and better option for their careers and stay with hindi movie. Other thing they can not do more than 4-5 movies in one year and might not have time to do regional movies.

autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
REkha, Hemamalini havent acted in south indian movies at all. Their mother tongue is tamil though.
Bhumika cannot even speak any south indian language, she just got her break in tamil movies, as south film makers are always eager to get young pretty girls from north who can neither act, nor talk, but ofcourse very glamorous and look pretty on the hero's shoulder.
You are right, you cannot blame the producers as they have to go with the market. So I guess we will just enjoy anything good that comes our way!!!!! and ignore the trash
autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Rakha's MT is also tamil? Shocked

yep she is gemini ganeshan's estranged daughter from his second or third wife, not sure.

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

REkha, Hemamalini havent acted in south indian movies at all. Their mother tongue is tamil though.
Bhumika cannot even speak any south indian language, she just got her break in tamil movies, as south film makers are always eager to get young pretty girls from north who can neither act, nor talk, but ofcourse very glamorous and look pretty on the hero's shoulder.
You are right, you cannot blame the producers as they have to go with the market. So I guess we will just enjoy anything good that comes our way!!!!! and ignore the trash

Hema malini and Rekha started their careers in south indian movies that I am sure. Yes after getting success in bollywood they might not done more movies in regional cinema.

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fm_qazi

Hema malini and Rekha started their careers in south indian movies that I am sure. Yes after getting success in bollywood they might not done more movies in regional cinema.

I think south Indian actress are also very pretty, After Madhubala and Waheeda Rahman I liked Hema malini and Vijayantimala. Sridevi was so cute, she is still cute. Jaya parda was also very pretty.

fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Autmotherji it is really nice discussion.
autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fm_qazi

This is information on Hemamalini, she never acted in tamil movie and debut was with RAjkapoor

http://www.apunkachoice.com/people/act155/

This is about REkha who infact had parents in tamil movie field, but first break in Hindi film at age 13.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/people/act239/index.html

Go to top