Originally posted by adwarakanath

Sufi? Stuffy you mean? LOL

LOL

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
taken with a lot of salt dont worry !

Getting back to teh topic, totally agree with u fm_qazi ji.. They couldn't conjure up an interesting story to come up with and hence the poor singer gets affected. Today its reached such a situation that if a contestant doesnt have the story he gets voted out.

Often sympathy votes play such a great role in getting votes for a contestant. in II 1 there was Ravinder Ravi who was kept so far in the competition just because of his financial status. In II 2 Anuj is still on the show because of the judges harsh comments against him, people want to see him there!

Nihira and Hemu had a lot to talk about themselves. Nihira is one of the good students at Mitibai in terms of academics. She is supposed to be really good at studies and does a great job handling her singing and academics. Hemu is apparently a state level skating and swimming champion. How come this was never mentioned?
fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by autmother

I think it has been that way for a long time not just in SRGMP but everywhere in Bollywood that south indians are not encouraged so much. ARR was really the only one who crossed all the boundaries because of his unsurpassed talent. He actually gave oppurtunities to many singers. I think SEL are also good about it. But like Madhavi said
I think Hema and Nihira proved themselves by their songs and talent and did not need any hype.
On a lighter note, Abhi, I really want to hear you singing Preyasi since you seem to be so enthused about singing it or is it meant only to Madhavi. Smile
You are one funny kid!
Varsha, is that you on your AV??? If so you are very pretty

Actually I differ here, so many actress have been successful in hindi movies. I think actress from south did better than other in hindi cinema and given equal weightage. If you talk about success in cinema it all depends on public choice. Public like actress from south but did not like actor from south. So many actors from south have been given chances again and again but could not succeeded in hindi movie, if bollywood be biased then actress also would not be given chances. One reason I feel why did not people like actor from south is the moustache(please do not take it in any bad way). It is just my observation. Most of successful actors in hindi cinema started as chocolaty hero with exception of Anil kapoor in my recent memory. All actors in hindi cinema prefers being without moustache and once they established then they start changing their getups. Even Dilip kumar, Sanjeev kumar, Dharmender etc. started their career as chocolaty hero. But all actress are chocolety so they succeeded. It is my observation.

autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Thats true Madhavi.
Same with Karunya on II2. He is a good singer, with no story to go with it. comes fro musical family, singing since age of 3, won several competitions, engineering student,. That is not interesting for the public.
They were beating to death about that girl Antara who by the way is so fake and superficial, about her being Gaon ki ladki, parents have no money to come to Mumbai, whatever. May be it is all true, but I think those things should be downplayed during these contests.

public wants to hear sob stories, not talent.
fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:21pm | IP Logged

Mooch nahin to kuch nahin....Golmaal hai bhai sab golmaal haiLOL LOL

Madhvai, push me and I can skate too...especially on ice LOL

sahi kah raha you can also try in bollywood because you do not have moochh

autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
The only one actress really successful was Sridevi mainly for her glamour though because she has done many character movies in south indian languages. I cant think of anyone else. Jayapradha to some extent, but mediocre movies. ofcourse again itis the public I blame too. Md and producers really want to encourage those who with good market value.
You are right about the moustache though.
autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by autmother

The only one actress really successful was Sridevi mainly for her glamour though because she has done many character movies in south indian languages. I cant think of anyone else. Jayapradha to some extent, but mediocre movies. ofcourse again itis the public I blame too. Md and producers really want to encourage those who with good market value.
You are right about the moustache though.

Vaijayanthimala and Hema Malini Heart my two all time favourites

Vaijayanthimala, right I forgot, but she hasnt done many southindian though.

hemamalini hasnt done any south indian movies has she????

Go to top