Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Hema and Judges (Page 19)

sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:21am | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

I was talking about BEFORE he got to agni pariksha..this vote divide business started much later.. i think with paresh gettin voted out.. hmm i dont understand when u say Nihira didnt have regional support..she was the only contestant from mumbai.. and mumbai is known to strive to make a winner from tat state.. see how aggresively they promoted Abhijit Sawant and then even Amey Date.. Abhijit won and Amey lost because the north was able to vote for than people from west..

Now that is not true

Go look back at SRGMP Agnipariksha episode, Himani and Vineet got considerable votes from Mumbai

You cannot accuse West/Mumbai to be regional,

II-1 Abhijeet Sawant/Amit Sana/Rahul Vaidya, If Amit Sana had 1/2 the appeal of Hema he would have won, now you cannot say any of these three are bad singers

SRGMP C2005:Himani/Vineet consistently pulled good number of votes from Mumbai. Nihira was arguably the best talent in the contest.

II-2:Amey Datey, Karunya, Anuj and Sandeep, I still feel Amey is a better singer, but Karunya has a knack of pulling votes. Go back look at the SRGMP C2005, how many times did Hema appeal to non-South belt to vote for him, see how Karunya is doing it, now this is not a slight towards either, but it is something you do to win, Hema did not, Karunya will(and I will be happy, I think he deserves it)

FG-II, less said better it isWink

EMET, I am losing money every week Hrikesh/Prajakta stay in there

so one out of five candidate from Mumbai winning, makes them regional? when arguably they had better candidates in all 5?

We have had this discussion on this forum earlier, the person calling for regional votes from Maharastra was essentially shutdown by Maharstrians itself

so please do not throw statements like this

Edited by sareg - 04 April 2006 at 11:26am

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ab_srgmp

Originally posted by Jaadoogar

Originally posted by MrspetloverUS

Here we go again. Everyone has their individual opinion on who is the best singer and why they like them. None of us are really discussing any other contestant here but just Hema and his performances. Sridi is right in what she mentioned in abt post. So just leave it that and do not make anything else out of it. Let Hema fans discuss him in peace. Thanks. On positive note.

That is fine we should leave Hema fans discuss him in peace. But please do not say anything against my respecatble favorite judges(all five). They know about music more than us. This topic has been opened to point finger towards judges.

Really? All five are your favorites? So Aadesh and Himesh constantly pointing fingers at Debo, and critisingin him was ok with you? That didn't bother you?

there we go again! getting on a chip-shot track. yaar, yehee point mila relevance aur substance ka? javaab achha khasa mil gaya hai na mere post mei. kuch aur chahiye?Wink

ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

yaar, diction is a very relative thing. if you grow up in Texas and listen to those rodeo boys and gals sing all your life, you'd not hear the accent. if you lived elsewhere, you would. why is it so hard for some to believe that relative to most other regions in India, Hema does have an "accent", a twang, a diction problem or whatever you might want to call it? does not take away from all his other fine qualities. yaar, ab koi perfect toh paida nahee hua hai, kyoon bhai? aap mei se koi hai, toh batao. Tongue

now those Texas yahoos are relegated primarily to country songs, arent they? do they get much of the mainstream pop music as well? no! similarly shld not be too hard to understand why very few singers from certain regions make it to the top of the hindi singing charts. yea, yea, now we'll get some names, SPB and all. par yaar, kabhie toh "big picture" dekha karo! Tongue

mere guni-jan sathiyo, tum logon ko Hema itna achha lagta hai, toh khareedo uske music ko. kaun rokta hai? just dont expect everyone else to do the same. btw, it does not appear that everyone else is lining up to buy his music now, does it? votes dekha thha, nahee? Wink

baat jahaan kee bhee ho, zaroor baith jayenge Hema ke classical singing, uske hot and hyderabadi looks, uske gaon, uske shahar kee baatein karne. arre, jab aam khate ho, toh yeh poochte ho kee kis bageeche se laye ho? Wink

fwiw, i've heard singers in classy joints sing much better than any of these characters on sgmp. un logon ka din-raat toh koi been-baja nahee bajata. woh aise hee paida ho gaye? arre yaar, joh Hema ko mila uska shukriya manao, na judges ke peeche haath dho kar padho! Angry

Rahul ji,

Not sure what you mean by Big picture. Does that mean they can only be considered a success if they are successful in Hindi?  Her a little snipet from an article:

"S.P.B., though was very young, started singing for many different language films. As he became very busy, at times he used to sing even 17 songs in 12 hours at the recording theatre. At one stage he started acting in films. Gradually the frequency of his acting work increased in a fast pace and he did roles in Tamil and Telugu films. At one stage, he also stepped into the profession music direction and thus has so far composed music for more than 50 films! He who was in the beginning doing playback singing for Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada films, latter expanded this to Hindi, Bengali, Oriya, Thulu too!"

So this counts for nothing?

Also when SPB did his first movie in 1979 (Ek dhuje keliye), he was 30. But diction was not such an issue because it was picturized on a South Indian Character. When he did Maine pyar Kiya, he was probably around 40. But
I do believe he got a filmfare for that movie. 

From what I have read, these days MDs and lyricists work with singer to overcome diction issues (look at Sadhna Sargam, Udit Narayan, Asha Bhonsle in the Tamil Industry). So why would overcoming diction issues be hard for a 17 year old? And nobody is asking anyone to buy Hema's cds. He has plenty of fans who will do so at their own will. As Sri said, his singing will speak for itself.

kd286 IF-Dazzler
kd286
kd286

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by fractalheart

Originally posted by Jaadoogar

yaar, diction is a very relative thing. if you grow up in Texas and listen to those rodeo boys and gals sing all your life, you'd not hear the accent. if you lived elsewhere, you would. why is it so hard for some to believe that relative to most other regions in India, Hema does have an "accent", a twang, a diction problem or whatever you might want to call it? does not take away from all his other fine qualities. yaar, ab koi perfect toh paida nahee hua hai, kyoon bhai? aap mei se koi hai, toh batao. Tongue

now those Texas yahoos are relegated primarily to country songs, arent they? do they get much of the mainstream pop music as well? no! similarly shld not be too hard to understand why very few singers from certain regions make it to the top of the hindi singing charts. yea, yea, now we'll get some names, SPB and all. par yaar, kabhie toh "big picture" dekha karo! Tongue

mere guni-jan sathiyo, tum logon ko Hema itna achha lagta hai, toh khareedo uske music ko. kaun rokta hai? just dont expect everyone else to do the same. btw, it does not appear that everyone else is lining up to buy his music now, does it? votes dekha thha, nahee? Wink

baat jahaan kee bhee ho, zaroor baith jayenge Hema ke classical singing, uske hot and hyderabadi looks, uske gaon, uske shahar kee baatein karne. arre, jab aam khate ho, toh yeh poochte ho kee kis bageeche se laye ho? Wink

fwiw, i've heard singers in classy joints sing much better than any of these characters on sgmp. un logon ka din-raat toh koi been-baja nahee bajata. woh aise hee paida ho gaye? arre yaar, joh Hema ko mila uska shukriya manao, na judges ke peeche haath dho kar padho! Angry

tumne to ek hi post mein sab bol diaa. bhaiya kahan the tu itni der se.

Ab dekho na MPL mere se ghussa ho gayeen, unko how r u ek thread mein bola woh munh pher kar chali gayeen.

arre bhaiyaji, thoda paisa-wasool hone ko mangta naa. knock-out punch pehle hee lagado, phir public ko khel ka mazaa kahaan ayega? Wink

waise, MPL-ji aur srianne-ji, hamare bade hain. naraaz bhee hon toh jada der ke liye nahee. maaf kar dengeLOL

waise, sochne kee baat yeh hai kee agar Hema SPB kee jageh bhee leta hai, toh kya badee teer mar dega? theek hai, SPB ne bahut naam kamaya, par woh kahaan se greatest aa gaya? Wink

cb ji,

we are not comparing hema to SPB ji...hema is a bachcha still..he has to pass many stages to become like the the great SPB ji...we are just staying hema sings good thats all.......

please dont say SPBji ne naam kamaya....he is a living legend....he is among the greatest playback singers in India......

Edited by kd286 - 04 April 2006 at 11:55am
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srianne

waise, sochne kee baat yeh hai kee agar Hema SPB kee jageh bhee leta hai, toh kya badee teer mar dega? theek hai, SPB ne bahut naam kamaya, par woh kahaan se greatest aa gaya? Wink

CB, that statement was in a bad taste. I request you to please not pass such casual comments about a LEGEND.

sorry, he is nowhere close to that in my opinion. further i do not consider it in bad taste. someone starts an ENTIRE THREAD on Alka Yagnik where folks devote energy on bad-mouthing her and calling her besura and that is ok?

btw, havent u run down other singers and mentors in the competition snidely. is that ok? what's good for the goose is not good for the gander?

do we have nothing better to do than pick one line from an entire post and bring in our personal sensitivities into the equation when it is convenient for us? to continue saying Hema is the best as if it is some fact is as insulting to the rest of us who do not think so. we dont go hiding behind our sensitivities then. i have addressed the substance of the thread in one post. you might not see it. others do. as long as we are discussing mentors and singers, the comment i made is totally fair and not in any bad taste. my POV

i am totally against these underhanded attempts to silence discussion where it does not suit us. sick of the hypocrisy as a matter of fact. someone comes out of the woodwork and says "i am a lady", so you should talk better. get real! when we put in winks and sly smiles, that's not being lady-like in the real world. take your poison. have a free exchange or hide behind sensitivities.

i am sorry for addressing it here rather than on a PM because we have brought it out in public. we all have favorites. so should we refrain from any comparisons? tell me, i'll abide by it. but i'll watch like a hawk for anyone transgressing that line.

Edited by chatbuster - 04 April 2006 at 11:37am
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ab_srgmp

Rahul ji,

Not sure what you mean by Big picture. Does that mean they can only be considered a success if they are successful in Hindi?  Her a little snipet from an article:

"S.P.B., though was very young, started singing for many different language films. As he became very busy, at times he used to sing even 17 songs in 12 hours at the recording theatre. At one stage he started acting in films. Gradually the frequency of his acting work increased in a fast pace and he did roles in Tamil and Telugu films. At one stage, he also stepped into the profession music direction and thus has so far composed music for more than 50 films! He who was in the beginning doing playback singing for Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada films, latter expanded this to Hindi, Bengali, Oriya, Thulu too!"

So this counts for nothing?

Also when SPB did his first movie in 1979 (Ek dhuje keliye), he was 30. But diction was not such an issue because it was picturized on a South Indian Character. When he did Maine pyar Kiya, he was probably around 40. But
I do believe he got a filmfare for that movie. 

From what I have read, these days MDs and lyricists work with singer to overcome diction issues (look at Sadhna Sargam, Udit Narayan, Asha Bhonsle in the Tamil Industry). So why would overcoming diction issues be hard for a 17 year old? And nobody is asking anyone to buy Hema's cds. He has plenty of fans who will do so at their own will. As Sri said, his singing will speak for itself.

yaar, logon ko aur kuch nahee mila pakdne ko. He is a legend for you. fine. so be it. he is not for me. that shld also be fine, right?

havent we run down Vinit fans for comparing him with Sonu? in my opinion, at least the person they are aspiring to catch up to is higher than SPB. again my opinion.

i am not interested in talking up or down SPB. my statement could have implied that he is not the greatest. my opinion. if he is, then where are the others? is he the greatest? the greatest? really? someone else recently informed me that Mannada is. who is more on the mark now?

sangeetaa Senior Member
sangeetaa
sangeetaa

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:44am | IP Logged
CB - you are indeed welcome to your opinions... lekin yaar tere opinions sey SPB ka kucch nahin honey waalaa..

SPB has proved himself - artistically, and professionally... not only is he a huge commercial success, he is acknowledged by classical musicians too...

tu unsey khush nahin huaa to kyaa???

Vaisey, aisey log bahut kam hain jinhoney commercial AND classical music mey itnaa naam kamaayaa hai...
a great singer doesn't have to worry about "versatility" SPB can sing anything from a rock tune remix to alaapanai in the most esoteric raag...
Mona59 Senior Member
Mona59
Mona59

Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:50am | IP Logged
The only reason I see is lack of capability in Judges in making proper judgement, Today Debo is nowhere, he is not even enjoying his flat because he was asked to register the flat which is beyond his capacity now to pay 3-4 lakhs for Reg fee, he is fund raising with some petty shows now.

Vineet everyone forgot about him and his obsessed guru HR an another psychopathic lier who was in limelight with his activities in sa re ga ma pa, everyone were discussing and talking about him which gave him a publicity, now nobody cares.

Had Hema been the winner he would have certainly been a talk of town.

The Judges were retarded guys who were acting on given instructions than their own common sense, however they dont have one so obviously they have to obey Gajji instructions to run the show.

Another problem is being a South Indian Mumbai treats every south indian a minority for unknown reasons, south india never bothered to know what hindi is and whats going on North so nobody watches hindi programes most of them are stuck to Telugu,Tamil,Malayali and kannada TV Serials huh.

Consequences: loss of Hemu a good singer, I am sure he will make a big hit in his life keeping his age in view and quality of his voice.

Go to top