India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Hema and Judges (Page 10)

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Sandeshein aate hain is such an emotional song Abhi, that even a besura singing it with feeling can make ur heart weep !!

His feeling was so in place in that song that even thought I noticed taht he skipped on sur a few places here and there, i really enjoyed it becase for the first time Vinit had brought tears into my eyes !! the only other singer other than Hemu or Nihira to do tat !!

advil IF-Sizzlerz
advil
advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:59pm | IP Logged

LOL

Originally posted by kd286

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Madhavi, I can hold Preyasi for 2 seconds longer than hemu Embarrassed LOL

do u mean the song Wink or ur real preyasi.................LOL

Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ad_0112

LOL

Hey Abhi, wasn't the original preyasi that was sung by Hariharan in the falsetto?  I can't tell if Hema did it with falsetto or chest register.  I tried holding the note "preyasi" in falsetto, and for the heck of it I timed myself, and i got 19 seconds (it was not that easy)  .  Its much easier to let less air out when holding it in the falsetto.

Edited by Dancnballa23 - 02 April 2006 at 11:09pm
bhale Senior Member
bhale
bhale

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ad_0112

LOL

funnyLOL

Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 11:57pm | IP Logged

Exactly, dancnballaji....I was hoping Madhavi catches me on this one LOL .

Sukhwinder did the Preyasi and was in a falsetto. Hema's was not.

Thanks!Smile  Really Sukhwinder did the Preyasi?  It sounded like Hariharan....I guess it was hard to tell because everyone sounds almost the same in falsetto.LOL
gvnls Goldie
gvnls
gvnls

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 12:26am | IP Logged
coz he is excellent n HR wants Vinit to win n ID Nihira to win, when nihira was out he focused on debo.
rishimahajan Senior Member
rishimahajan
rishimahajan

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by sarangee

Forum members,

I have watched Saregamapa a lot and my favorites are Hema and Nihira. I was curious to know all your thoughts about one thing. Why did Hema never get the praise and points he deserved from the judges, as compared to a lesser singer than Vinit? (No offence meant, Vinit fans, it is just my opinion)

I have Madhavi's opinion on this and a few others but I also want some more views because I always found it a bit surprising.

Can I still share my opinion Embarrassed !

Initially I was very irritated that he never got the hype but now I feel its a good thing. Hemu and Nihira's voices spoke for themselves. If you watch the initial episodes, Hemu got praise from all the judges always for his voice. When it was the first round of selection itself, the judges gave him a double thumbs up (ID, AS).. even HR has said on many instances that Hemu's singing is really top notch. I felt that the mentors expected a LOT more from Hemu which is the reason they were harsh on him or never praised him. To many he was an underdog because he was not praised. I think to the mentors and judges, he was a true winner and probably the stiffest competition he could give to other participants from other gharanas. Its a fact, if Nihira was the best singer in girls (as known from her first singing of Chalka Chalka), then Hemu was the best singer in boys (as known from his rendition of DCH). No other singer got such praises in the first round itself. In that round, Hemu was competitng with Vishwaas and Sharib, both of whom were considered to be better singers of Challene 05. Besides Hemu, Nihira and Vinit were the only contestants in the final 5 to have gotten thru with all green cards.

I dont think I am wrong in believing that a Hemu vs Nihira final would have been what a lot of people anticipated esp the way they sang some songs.
So, I dont think Hemu needed that hype or a story to be pushed fwd. His voice and his performance skills spoke for themselves. I also think that not getting too much of praise from mentors made him stuck to the ground firmly and forced him to strive to improve his performances consistently. To get a glimpse, his final few performances were all heralded as some of the best performances on that show Saathiya, Chori Chori Jab Nazarein, Mundiyan to Bach, Come to me, Woh Lamhe, Aao Twist Karein, Hay Rama, Tanhayee, Tumse Milke Dil , Maa tujhe salaam, Ramta Jogi, Mitwa and finally Nahin Saamne..

Refer to my post on marketting and hype, sometimes over hype and over marketting can ruin a singer. And I am glad Nihira and Hemu never faced that!

well said Madhavi

vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Wink

Go to top