Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ab_srgmp thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Mr. JAdogar I personally did not have an issue with Ummm. As I sadi to her, and now I say to you, lets agree to disagree. PEACE!
autmother thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaadoogar

your learning process is very slow. WHY?

Does that sound like a polite comment ???????

Sunitha.V thumbnail

Originally posted by: surma_bhopali

Ameen miyan, yehi to hum bhi keh riye hain. Durga Jasraj go gate suna hai? bachpan se talim le rahi hai apne guni pitaji se. bahut hi zyada besuri hai

OMG, is that true? πŸ˜†

ab_srgmp thumbnail
If you are gifted, you are gifted, but a little training does a lot to help you use that gift in the right way. Training doesn't necessarily mean FORMAL training, it can also be dedicatedly practising your singing daily. I am SURE that RAFI ji and Kishore da did a lot of this, even if they were not formally trained.

And I agree training alone, may not in all cases lead to a better singer (but I disagree that Hema can be categorized as a singer with ONLY training).

In any arena, say sport, or art, you may have a gift, but if you don't use that gift to express yourself, you are not making full use of that gift. Say if Tiger Woods didn't practice as much as he does, would he be the kind of player he is? He is definitely gifted though. If artists didn't express their thoughts through painting, would they're work be in art museums?

chatbuster thumbnail
yaar, diction is a very relative thing. if you grow up in Texas and listen to those rodeo boys and gals sing all your life, you'd not hear the accent. if you lived elsewhere, you would. why is it so hard for some to believe that relative to most other regions in India, Hema does have an "accent", a twang, a diction problem or whatever you might want to call it? does not take away from all his other fine qualities. yaar, ab koi perfect toh paida nahee hua hai, kyoon bhai? aap mei se koi hai, toh batao. πŸ˜›

now those Texas yahoos are relegated primarily to country songs, arent they? do they get much of the mainstream pop music as well? no! similarly shld not be too hard to understand why very few singers from certain regions make it to the top of the hindi singing charts. yea, yea, now we'll get some names, SPB and all. par yaar, kabhie toh "big picture" dekha karo! πŸ˜›

mere guni-jan sathiyo, tum logon ko Hema itna achha lagta hai, toh khareedo uske music ko. kaun rokta hai? just dont expect everyone else to do the same. btw, it does not appear that everyone else is lining up to buy his music now, does it? votes dekha thha, nahee? πŸ˜‰

baat jahaan kee bhee ho, zaroor baith jayenge Hema ke classical singing, uske hot and hyderabadi looks, uske gaon, uske shahar kee baatein karne. arre, jab aam khate ho, toh yeh poochte ho kee kis bageeche se laye ho? πŸ˜‰

fwiw, i've heard singers in classy joints sing much better than any of these characters on sgmp. un logon ka din-raat toh koi been-baja nahee bajata. woh aise hee paida ho gaye? arre yaar, joh Hema ko mila uska shukriya manao, na judges ke peeche haath dho kar padho! 😑 Edited by chatbuster - 18 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: fractalheart

arre bhaiyaji, thoda paisa-wasool hone ko mangta naa. knock-out punch pehle hee lagado, phir public ko khel ka mazaa kahaan ayega? πŸ˜‰

waise, MPL-ji aur srianne-ji, hamare bade hain. naraaz bhee hon toh jada der ke liye nahee. maaf kar dengeπŸ˜†

waise, sochne kee baat yeh hai kee agar Hema SPB kee jageh bhee leta hai, toh kya badee teer mar dega? theek hai, SPB ne bahut naam kamaya, par woh kahaan se greatest aa gaya? πŸ˜‰

ab_srgmp thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaadoogar

That is fine we should leave Hema fans discuss him in peace. But please do not say anything against my respecatble favorite judges(all five). They know about music more than us. This topic has been opened to point finger towards judges.

Really? All five are your favorites? So Aadesh and Himesh constantly pointing fingers at Debo, and critisingin him was ok with you? That didn't bother you?
sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhavir108

I was talking about BEFORE he got to agni pariksha..this vote divide business started much later.. i think with paresh gettin voted out.. hmm i dont understand when u say Nihira didnt have regional support..she was the only contestant from mumbai.. and mumbai is known to strive to make a winner from tat state.. see how aggresively they promoted Abhijit Sawant and then even Amey Date.. Abhijit won and Amey lost because the north was able to vote for than people from west..

Now that is not true

Go look back at SRGMP Agnipariksha episode, Himani and Vineet got considerable votes from Mumbai

You cannot accuse West/Mumbai to be regional,

II-1 Abhijeet Sawant/Amit Sana/Rahul Vaidya, If Amit Sana had 1/2 the appeal of Hema he would have won, now you cannot say any of these three are bad singers

SRGMP C2005:Himani/Vineet consistently pulled good number of votes from Mumbai. Nihira was arguably the best talent in the contest.

II-2:Amey Datey, Karunya, Anuj and Sandeep, I still feel Amey is a better singer, but Karunya has a knack of pulling votes. Go back look at the SRGMP C2005, how many times did Hema appeal to non-South belt to vote for him, see how Karunya is doing it, now this is not a slight towards either, but it is something you do to win, Hema did not, Karunya will(and I will be happy, I think he deserves it)

FG-II, less said better it isπŸ˜‰

EMET, I am losing money every week Hrikesh/Prajakta stay in there

so one out of five candidate from Mumbai winning, makes them regional? when arguably they had better candidates in all 5?

We have had this discussion on this forum earlier, the person calling for regional votes from Maharastra was essentially shutdown by Maharstrians itself

so please do not throw statements like this

Edited by sareg - 18 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: ab_srgmp

Really? All five are your favorites? So Aadesh and Himesh constantly pointing fingers at Debo, and critisingin him was ok with you? That didn't bother you?

there we go again! getting on a chip-shot track. yaar, yehee point mila relevance aur substance ka? javaab achha khasa mil gaya hai na mere post mei. kuch aur chahiye?πŸ˜‰

ab_srgmp thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

yaar, diction is a very relative thing. if you grow up in Texas and listen to those rodeo boys and gals sing all your life, you'd not hear the accent. if you lived elsewhere, you would. why is it so hard for some to believe that relative to most other regions in India, Hema does have an "accent", a twang, a diction problem or whatever you might want to call it? does not take away from all his other fine qualities. yaar, ab koi perfect toh paida nahee hua hai, kyoon bhai? aap mei se koi hai, toh batao. πŸ˜›

now those Texas yahoos are relegated primarily to country songs, arent they? do they get much of the mainstream pop music as well? no! similarly shld not be too hard to understand why very few singers from certain regions make it to the top of the hindi singing charts. yea, yea, now we'll get some names, SPB and all. par yaar, kabhie toh "big picture" dekha karo! πŸ˜›

mere guni-jan sathiyo, tum logon ko Hema itna achha lagta hai, toh khareedo uske music ko. kaun rokta hai? just dont expect everyone else to do the same. btw, it does not appear that everyone else is lining up to buy his music now, does it? votes dekha thha, nahee? πŸ˜‰

baat jahaan kee bhee ho, zaroor baith jayenge Hema ke classical singing, uske hot and hyderabadi looks, uske gaon, uske shahar kee baatein karne. arre, jab aam khate ho, toh yeh poochte ho kee kis bageeche se laye ho? πŸ˜‰

fwiw, i've heard singers in classy joints sing much better than any of these characters on sgmp. un logon ka din-raat toh koi been-baja nahee bajata. woh aise hee paida ho gaye? arre yaar, joh Hema ko mila uska shukriya manao, na judges ke peeche haath dho kar padho! 😑

Rahul ji,

Not sure what you mean by Big picture. Does that mean they can only be considered a success if they are successful in Hindi?  Her a little snipet from an article:

"S.P.B., though was very young, started singing for many different language films. As he became very busy, at times he used to sing even 17 songs in 12 hours at the recording theatre. At one stage he started acting in films. Gradually the frequency of his acting work increased in a fast pace and he did roles in Tamil and Telugu films. At one stage, he also stepped into the profession music direction and thus has so far composed music for more than 50 films! He who was in the beginning doing playback singing for Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada films, latter expanded this to Hindi, Bengali, Oriya, Thulu too!"

So this counts for nothing?

Also when SPB did his first movie in 1979 (Ek dhuje keliye), he was 30. But diction was not such an issue because it was picturized on a South Indian Character. When he did Maine pyar Kiya, he was probably around 40. But
I do believe he got a filmfare for that movie. 

From what I have read, these days MDs and lyricists work with singer to overcome diction issues (look at Sadhna Sargam, Udit Narayan, Asha Bhonsle in the Tamil Industry). So why would overcoming diction issues be hard for a 17 year old? And nobody is asking anyone to buy Hema's cds. He has plenty of fans who will do so at their own will. As Sri said, his singing will speak for itself.