Users

Frequent Posters

bhale thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

funny😆

Dancnballa23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

Exactly, dancnballaji....I was hoping Madhavi catches me on this one 😆 .

Sukhwinder did the Preyasi and was in a falsetto. Hema's was not.

Thanks!😊  Really Sukhwinder did the Preyasi?  It sounded like Hariharan....I guess it was hard to tell because everyone sounds almost the same in falsetto.😆
gvnls thumbnail
coz he is excellent n HR wants Vinit to win n ID Nihira to win, when nihira was out he focused on debo.
RMCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: madhavir108

Can I still share my opinion 😳 !

Initially I was very irritated that he never got the hype but now I feel its a good thing. Hemu and Nihira's voices spoke for themselves. If you watch the initial episodes, Hemu got praise from all the judges always for his voice. When it was the first round of selection itself, the judges gave him a double thumbs up (ID, AS).. even HR has said on many instances that Hemu's singing is really top notch. I felt that the mentors expected a LOT more from Hemu which is the reason they were harsh on him or never praised him. To many he was an underdog because he was not praised. I think to the mentors and judges, he was a true winner and probably the stiffest competition he could give to other participants from other gharanas. Its a fact, if Nihira was the best singer in girls (as known from her first singing of Chalka Chalka), then Hemu was the best singer in boys (as known from his rendition of DCH). No other singer got such praises in the first round itself. In that round, Hemu was competitng with Vishwaas and Sharib, both of whom were considered to be better singers of Challene 05. Besides Hemu, Nihira and Vinit were the only contestants in the final 5 to have gotten thru with all green cards.

I dont think I am wrong in believing that a Hemu vs Nihira final would have been what a lot of people anticipated esp the way they sang some songs.
So, I dont think Hemu needed that hype or a story to be pushed fwd. His voice and his performance skills spoke for themselves. I also think that not getting too much of praise from mentors made him stuck to the ground firmly and forced him to strive to improve his performances consistently. To get a glimpse, his final few performances were all heralded as some of the best performances on that show Saathiya, Chori Chori Jab Nazarein, Mundiyan to Bach, Come to me, Woh Lamhe, Aao Twist Karein, Hay Rama, Tanhayee, Tumse Milke Dil , Maa tujhe salaam, Ramta Jogi, Mitwa and finally Nahin Saamne..

Refer to my post on marketting and hype, sometimes over hype and over marketting can ruin a singer. And I am glad Nihira and Hemu never faced that!

well said Madhavi

twinkle44 thumbnail
vinit_fan ur just too cute...sab posts mein aankhen maar rahi ho tum.
ummm thumbnail
I have failed to undertsand why so many people think that Hema was ignored, Hema was not hyped, Hema did not get what he deserved, the judges did injustice to him, Zee did injustice to him etc etc.

SRGMP was a competition. He participated, he sang, he won many times and he lost, just the way the rest of the gang (Sharib, Rajeev, Irfan etc) did. So why treat him special over and over? He was good alright, but not flawless. He did have an upperhand on Vinit and Debu in certain qualities, just the way they had an upperhand on each other and Hema in some other qualities. Hema did get accolades from judges and full points when he sang well, but on days he did not score as much, we should understand that his performance was probably not up to the mark.

Vinit ofcourse was hyped by his mentor, so there isn't much point comparing the hype and attention that he received with any other male or female contestant on the show.
ab_srgmp thumbnail

Originally posted by: ummm

I have failed to undertsand why so many people think that Hema was ignored, Hema was not hyped, Hema did not get what he deserved, the judges did injustice to him, Zee did injustice to him etc etc.

SRGMP was a competition. He participated, he sang, he won many times and he lost, just the way the rest of the gang (Sharib, Rajeev, Irfan etc) did. So why treat him special over and over? He was good alright, but not flawless. He did have an upperhand on Vinit and Debu in certain qualities, just the way they had an upperhand on each other and Hema in some other qualities. Hema did get accolades from judges and full points when he sang well, but on days he did not score as much, we should understand that his performance was probably not up to the mark.

Vinit ofcourse was hyped by his mentor, so there isn't much point comparing the hype and attention that he received with any other male or female contestant on the show.

Because to us Hema fans, he is special. Nobody else has been able to touch my heart the way his singing did. You're right, he was not flawless, but neither were Vinit, Debo and Himani.

Let's take the example of ID.

Vinit - got a 50 Rupee note from the guy, when he performed really well.
Himani - ID had to go on stage and praise/bless her.

And Vinit and Himani got the most 10s on the mento meters, even for relatively easy performances. Hema and Nihira got more 9s than 10s, even though, technically there were the most superior (in the top 10 atleast).  The biggest issue people had with Hema was his 'diction' issues. I am not a hindi/urdu expert, but I felt that his issues only crept up in a couple of words, in a couple of songs. But maybe people more familiar with the language would know better.

I honestly don't believe that the mento meter marks were directly tied to performance.   Some contestants were given 9s even with missed lyrics, while Hema was severely penalised for missed lyrics. There was so much inconsistency, that it became very irrelevant to me. But it was sure to have played some psychological games with the contestants, and also to some extent influenced public voting.

realmusic thumbnail
Good points ab_srgmp. The point of the show, as Gaj has mentioned was to identify playback singers. The most successful playback singers can sing a very wide variety of songs with vivid imagination, while capturing the emotion intended by the lyricist.

Hema, more than anyone else displayed the talent to cover that wide variety - be it whimsical tracks like Come To Me, which required voice modulation, or songs which required a lot of feel like Tanhaiyee or quick paced tracks like Ramta Jogi/Bumbhro. He also exhibited the imagination to adapt the songs to his own style, and in many cases adding more complexity. Most of the other contestants seemed to come up short in the fundamentals of singing and feel depending on the song choices.

Diction can be worked upon and Hema will overcome those easily. He is only 17 for crying out loud!Edited by realmusic - 18 years ago
Rupalee thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think Adeshji is not like others. He could have Hyped Hemu but he did not. Also Hemu is just the best. He has that emotional side which is very special for a singer. He does not need SRGMP to be a winner in his life.

My 2 cents. Love Hemu all the way
Sunitha.V thumbnail

Originally posted by: realmusic

Good points ab_srgmp. The point of the show, as Gaj has mentioned was to identify playback singers. The most successful playback singers can sing a very wide variety of songs with vivid imagination, while capturing the emotion intended by the lyricist.

Hema, more than anyone else displayed the talent to cover that wide variety - be it whimsical tracks like Come To Me, which required voice modulation, or songs which required a lot of feel like Tanhaiyee or quick paced tracks like Ramta Jogi/Bumbhro. He also exhibited the imagination to adapt the songs to his own style, and in many cases adding more complexity. Most of the other contestants seemed to come up short in the fundamentals of singing and feel depending on the song choices.

Diction can be worked upon and Hema will overcome those easily. He is only 17 for crying out loud!

well said Realmusicji..I don't think any other contestant has shown the kind of varsatility Hemachandra has shown. He has covered them all, and made each of them his own. Diction can be worked on as you said...but talent, voice, range ..you either have these or you don't. He is well trained as well, so he has it all...hope a few years from now he would be giving us hits in flawless hindi 😊.