Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweety001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: madhavir108

Can I still share my opinion 😳 !

Initially I was very irritated that he never got the hype but now I feel its a good thing. Hemu and Nihira's voices spoke for themselves. If you watch the initial episodes, Hemu got praise from all the judges always for his voice. When it was the first round of selection itself, the judges gave him a double thumbs up (ID, AS).. even HR has said on many instances that Hemu's singing is really top notch. I felt that the mentors expected a LOT more from Hemu which is the reason they were harsh on him or never praised him. To many he was an underdog because he was not praised. I think to the mentors and judges, he was a true winner and probably the stiffest competition he could give to other participants from other gharanas. Its a fact, if Nihira was the best singer in girls (as known from her first singing of Chalka Chalka), then Hemu was the best singer in boys (as known from his rendition of DCH). No other singer got such praises in the first round itself. In that round, Hemu was competitng with Vishwaas and Sharib, both of whom were considered to be better singers of Challene 05. Besides Hemu, Nihira and Vinit were the only contestants in the final 5 to have gotten thru with all green cards.

I dont think I am wrong in believing that a Hemu vs Nihira final would have been what a lot of people anticipated esp the way they sang some songs.
So, I dont think Hemu needed that hype or a story to be pushed fwd. His voice and his performance skills spoke for themselves. I also think that not getting too much of praise from mentors made him stuck to the ground firmly and forced him to strive to improve his performances consistently. To get a glimpse, his final few performances were all heralded as some of the best performances on that show Saathiya, Chori Chori Jab Nazarein, Mundiyan to Bach, Come to me, Woh Lamhe, Aao Twist Karein, Hay Rama, Tanhayee, Tumse Milke Dil , Maa tujhe salaam, Ramta Jogi, Mitwa and finally Nahin Saamne..

Refer to my post on marketting and hype, sometimes over hype and over marketting can ruin a singer. And I am glad Nihira and Hemu never faced that!

πŸ‘i agree with u completely after what u've said i cant say anything else!
sweety001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhavir108

I dont think Hema is as much as to blame as much as AS is, in a recent interview on Maa TV i think, Hemu said that he wanted to sing Nahin Saamne much earlier on the show but AS told him not to sing because it isn't a popular song..

AS always gave Hemu 'popular' songs.. I Love You, Oh Saathi Re might be difficult songs, but how many of the youth today know these songs. I'll be honest to say that I listen to a lot of old music but I never heard of I love you. The only songs from HRHK which i remember is probably Dum Maro Dum and O Re Kanchi..

In the end I think AS woke up and realised that Hemu had a very good classical potential and thats when he gave him a free hand in picking songs..

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰yes that is true...
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Okie Abhi, taken that with a pinch of salt.. I just saw some performances of Sharib and I didnt think they were that good. His Chaiya Chaiya was almost lifeless, his Yamma Yamma didn't have the power.

Vinit copied Sonu but he sounded good. He might have slipped of the sur but then for a person who is ignorant about music, its about 'sounding' nice.. Vinit had that..

I have said before and I will say it again, Debojeet is a better singer than Vinit, its pretty evident in the finals and the versatality of songs I sang. But the reason I said Debojeet would have got voted out earlier is because of the 'choice' of songs.. Debojeet messed up on some of the current songs badly... Salaam Namaste for starters.. which might have resulted him in getting voted out.

I still stand by my statement that top 5 were great and it couldn't have been better.

It was just my POV about Sharib..something about his singing didn't touch me. Its funny that I've heard more of Sharib since I saw him perform from the beginning. Oddly when Hema started singing I switched off the TV :( so never saw his DCH !
autmother thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

AD? Maine aapka kya bigada hai?😭

Sorry Abhi, it was a typo. It should be AS. Anyway I never call youAD. So you should not be mistakenπŸ˜ƒ

autmother thumbnail
I agree with Abhi about Vinit. But he is 17 and has plenty of scope to improve provided he still has his head on his shoulders and not in the air.

But I think I disagree about Debojit. His range is verylimited and he tends to go flat when the pitch goes higher and really struggles with his notes. Remember he is 27 or something and that breathcontrol, sur, should be pretty much in sync by then. But I like Debojit's voice, original, soothing and pleasant added tohis pleasant personality, but ofcourse he is no where near Nihira or Hema.
Sharib's voice is very soothing. I think he tends to get very excited or stressed when he is singing. Ithink he is really worried about making mistakes andthat makes him less pleasant. If you notice in EMAET he is singing relatively well with an open voice.
But Sharib is way better than Vinit. His voice is so original.

autmother thumbnail

Just kidding, autmotherji πŸ˜‰

Abhi when do you actually sleep????? I am really curious.

madhavi_r108 thumbnail

Kya hai na madhavi dear, it's really about personal choices and SCRUPLES. Vinit and Himmy lacked the latter and i hate them for it πŸ˜‰

Sharib isnt preferred by many people, I know. But he has the perfect voice to carry foward the legacy of his legendary uncles. I would personally not like to see him singing for movies and make a mockery of his tradition.

Debu was inconsistant in some performance due to tension. Ab ID jaisa mentor and saamne HR who hates your guts and calmness, to kaisa rahega?

Debu's demonstrated his superior singing ability in Fame 2005 with a superbly sung bangla classical song.
His smashing performances in C-2005 were, in the beginning only I am talking about, Rimjhim Gire Sawan, Mere Naina Sawan Bhadon, Aye Zindagi, Aye Subah Tu Shabnami.
He didn't mess up Salam Namaste badly, but yeah, he did mess it up quite.

Why taken with a pinch of salt? Bhorasa nahin hai? Shaayad zyaada hi Dheem tananana kar liya πŸ˜†

Oh ya he does.. I mean his Ek Nazar mein bhi was fantastic... maybe I am just baised against Sharib because I cant stand EMAET .. I mean the cheap levels they are falling to inorder to get TRPS is just depressing..the same reason y i rate Ujjaini, Raktima, Twinkle and Rajeev so low.. I mean they rnt such bad singers tat they had to stoop to THIS level..

Debo's some performances were super. His Ae Zindagi was fantastic, his Ek haseena thi was a class apart.. i mean if it weren;t for hemu stealin the show with his Nahin Saamne, debo's performances wuld have got a lore more limelight... I heard Amey Date sing Ae Zindagi in an interview and I thought Debo was MUCH MUCH better.. but I prefered Himani's mroe though !! without music, she was fantastic.. Again see, Debo performed on old songs really well, which is why I said Hemu scored. I dunno if it was this thread or another where I mentioned taht AS did the right thing by giving him and himani popular songs to sing till the end.. and in the top 5 when the mentors picked 'special' songs, he gave both of them songs that are their style.. and showed a form of theirs which wasnt seen before.. Himani's Chittiye (i think it was in the episode only) and Hema's hay rama were just fantastic and if it weren't for Vinits drama after singing really well actually, I thought Hema and Himani really stole the show.. Nihira and Debo were fantastic..but I would rate Hema and Himani's performace just a 0.000000000001% better..because for the first time they sang different songs. Himani usually used to sing faster paced numbers with a lot more beat than Chittiye and Hema had till then never sung such a solid classical number.. result they were 2nd (hema)and 3rd (himani) highest tat week..thts y AS was smart..he played the card at the right time.. HR too was shana..he knew that vinit was AGAIN singin a sonu song..he knew tat vinit might lose out coz ppl wuld say tat he is a sonu clone..so got him to sing sonu's MOST emotional song which can jsut maek any1's heart melt.. and then teh whole drama after tat.. i was like instead of tat drama culdnt we have had hemu sing one more stanza of hay rama !! HR's chalaaki resultin in vinit being the challnger tat wekk..

if at tat stage ID had made Nihira sing a song like Dumadum Mast Kalandar and she did justice to it, belive me NOTHING would have stopped her from winning !!!

madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Sandeshein aate hain is such an emotional song Abhi, that even a besura singing it with feeling can make ur heart weep !!

His feeling was so in place in that song that even thought I noticed taht he skipped on sur a few places here and there, i really enjoyed it becase for the first time Vinit had brought tears into my eyes !! the only other singer other than Hemu or Nihira to do tat !!
advil thumbnail

πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: kd286

do u mean the song πŸ˜‰ or ur real preyasi.................πŸ˜†

Dancnballa23 thumbnail

Hey Abhi, wasn't the original preyasi that was sung by Hariharan in the falsetto?  I can't tell if Hema did it with falsetto or chest register.  I tried holding the note "preyasi" in falsetto, and for the heck of it I timed myself, and i got 19 seconds (it was not that easy)  .  Its much easier to let less air out when holding it in the falsetto.
  Edited by Dancnballa23 - 18 years ago