Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by lilmzsunshine

I'm splitting hair, I know.  But I think I'm frustrated with the impending triangle.  I just want more ... tension but pushing toward the positive, between the leads.

I share your frustration. For me it is never about the plot--it is always about whether characters are consistent to their potential/promise. I feel writers make that promise to viewers/readers--and when that promise falters, I feel frustrated. Example: the writers asked us to suspend our judgment and believe that when KKG enters ASR's environment, he knows it, he feels her presence before he even sees her. The writers asked us to believe that when these two come together, sparks fly--will they kiss or kill each other? It's never indifferent. The writers seem to have forgotten their promise to us.
Yes! yes!--the writers have to show us that under the influence of KKG, ASR has softened some of his edges and he has the capacity for remorse and is sensitive to what LA must be feeling, and at the same time realizing that he is to blame. But, in all this, as viewers we have to sense that he is fully aware of KKG at every moment, that even as he is comforting LA, thoughts of KKG are tearing chunks out of his insides. BS is a brilliant performer, he could show us this with his eyes alone--but I'm not seeing it. Hence my frustration.
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by LuvShuv

I share your frustration. For me it is never about the plot--it is always about whether characters are consistent to their potential/promise. I feel writers make that promise to viewers/readers--and when that promise falters, I feel frustrated. Example: the writers asked us to suspend our judgment and believe that when KKG enters ASR's environment, he knows it, he feels her presence before he even sees her. The writers asked us to believe that when these two come together, sparks fly--will they kiss or kill each other? It's never indifferent. The writers seem to have forgotten their promise to us.
Yes! yes!--the writers have to show us that under the influence of KKG, ASR has softened some of his edges and he has the capacity for remorse and is sensitive to what LA must be feeling, and at the same time realizing that he is to blame. But, in all this, as viewers we have to sense that he is fully aware of KKG at every moment, that even as he is comforting LA, thoughts of KKG are tearing chunks out of his insides. BS is a brilliant performer, he could show us this with his eyes alone--but I'm not seeing it. Hence my frustration.

Brilliant post - again.