Dharampatni

India-Forums

Dharampatni
Dharampatni

||Episode Discussion thread: 19th-22nd Dec|| (Page 65)

Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by purvimeh

Originally posted by Soaps1

So kastur belong to the old generation? Yup in that case indeed they are projecting it brilliantly  Star

LOL U made a judgement already..! U haven't got the base of the story line then.. no wonder its not sitting with you ! I get it now ! 

Nope she does not.. Infact she is the bridge here..! Big smile

Yea bridge with thought of 1900 i get it

And i atleast made a judgement about the show based on how i understood it ... you have to made a judgement about me but its ok ... may be this is why the poor show is not getting TRPs because more than half the people are as dumb as me and fail to understand it Smile ... no offense

Edited by Soaps1 - 21 December 2011 at 11:26am

TeAmo_Messi IF-Addictz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
can we all cut d melodramaROFL!!!
let us discuss sumthing fun, plsss!!!ROFL
786786 Groupbie

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 786786

[QUOTE=786786]

ANDD!! I'm actually kind of enjoying Baapji's character, yes he forces stuff on people, but his intentions aren't wrong.

His character is interesting because the actor does a good job but saying his intentions are not wrong??? Ummm doing everything just for reeti rivaj and prampara without bothering to think about what the people involved want or wish for ... is not wrong intentions? Making men eat first and woman later is good intention? Not telling a mom about the rishta of her son for six years is good intention? ...  Ok if you say so because anyways i don't think i understand anything anyways
[/QUOTE
]

When I wrote that comment, I wasn't thinking about the whole men eating first thing, and yea baapji said himself that what he did to Reena was wrong. But there were no wrong intentions with Baapji wanting Mohan to marry Kastur, yea a mothers POV is impt., THAT WAS WRONG, but im talking about baaji's intentions, he knew Kastur would take care of Mohan and the household, he knew she would be able to adjust to their rules and stuff.

I'm not going to comment on teh Prampara and stuff, b/c that's an old argument, and ppl back home still follow it, some follow them more strictly then others, and some rivaj are wrong too but not all.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

purvimehpyar-ishk

pyar-ishk IF-Stunnerz
pyar-ishk
pyar-ishk

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged

Rani are those shows on colors projecting these things as right too? if so then yea let it be ... and you were right when you said just because we have freedom and independence it does not mean everyone else does too ... but if we have freedom and independence should we work to make it possible for others too or should we just show what is happening in the society as right?

And none of us has ever said that kastur is the only one who has this problem most female leads do and kastur is not the only one we have problem with many shows project this regressive image and i atleast have a problem with all of them

Anyways no more from me on this!!!

Again it isn't right but the fact remain this is REALITY maybe not for you or me but for many out there in the world.

Nads I've never said I don't have a problem with it I do very much. There is no way I could ever live in a house with a MIL like Saroj. The very first time she talk to me rudely I would've left and sent someone to get my things. LOL I used to watch this show on SP with the girl fighting for injustice and very educated and i wish they kept her single cause i knew once she got married her character would be different.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 786786

When I wrote that comment, I wasn't thinking about the whole men eating first thing, and yea baapji said himself that what he did to Reena was wrong. But there were no wrong intentions with Baapji wanting Mohan to marry Kastur, yea a mothers POV is impt., THAT WAS WRONG, but im talking about baaji's intentions, he knew Kastur would take care of Mohan and the household, he knew she would be able to adjust to their rules and stuff.

I'm not going to comment on teh Prampara and stuff, b/c that's an old argument, and ppl back home still follow it, some follow them more strictly then others, and some rivaj are wrong too but not all.

Aisey tou phir saroj's intention are not wrong either she just wants for mohan what she thinks is best for her son no matter how wrong it is in our eyes  ...  ... intentions lead to actions and actions are what are wrong ... and baapji's only intention i see is him wanting to hold on to power he does not want to let go of it ... when you hide such a thing from a mother your action is wrong and that is when intention no longer matters ... i mean six year ... he did not even bother asking mohan the one whose life was involved in it ... he never wanted mohan to go abroad, he always wanted him to sit in masala shop so that his business grows ... right intention? I don't think so ... but still everyone thinks differently

I waisey hi feel like an alien LOL
TeAmo_Messi IF-Addictz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged
atleast we had a lot of MOHUR 2day on d screen!!
anitarani IF-Sizzlerz
anitarani
anitarani

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pyar-ishk[/QUOTE

I've always in these in these situations there is not black & white cause is grey shades so it can never be whose right or wrong but what is the right thing to do in that situation. I don't think is a woman worth but it isn't up to us cause even today in India or whatever part you live most in our culture raised to think like this and what you called regressive is tradition of a woman and a married woman. We shouldn't think just because some of us have a freedom and independent in today times things have changed cause that is so far from the truth. Divorce is very taboo in our culture cause is very hard for her to get remarried let alone be accepted in society.

The Galla house is very old fashion and baapji rule in that house and since most don't speak. e Saroj decided the divorce to go through everybody stayed quiet but you could see on there face's they don't agree. Kastur said let's speak to Reena but Saroj shut her down which lead to believes and maybe if Saroj had just said okay we wouldn't have heard Kastur thinking on married life.

The only way Kastur can learn any different is when she herself start living a married life. Kastur can adopt to changes that's her husband like and everyday is a learning experience for her in which I think she's doing but like I've said Kastur life won't begin until she becomes one with her husband.

Rani, I agree with your viewpoint, especially the red highlighted portion.  Divorce is still not an
option to many (this seen with 2 of my own cousins).   

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pyar-ishk

-Nakshatra- IF-Rockerz
-Nakshatra-
-Nakshatra-

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
@Rani: I agree this is the Reality. Does that mean you make your lead character or the voice of the show to accept it. This is very much promoting regressive thoughts and will never sound right to meAngry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Soaps1KhatamKahani

Go to top