Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Akshay Kumar injures leg, says its 'nothing'
By IANS
Mar 31, 2006, 08:35

Printer friendly page

By Subhash K. Jha, Mumbai: Everyone is talking about the injury Akshay Kumar suffered earlier this week while shooting a cola ad.

When asked what happened, Akshay brushed it off with a nonchalant 'Nothing!'

'While shooting on a mo'bike my leg touched the silencer. That's it. Unfortunately for me, I was wearing shorts. Maybe if I had been in my trousers nothing would have happened,' Akshay told us.

'I can't remember when I have had a serious injury... Except the slipped disc, which happened many years ago while I was doing a stunt for 'Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi'. Since then there has been nothing serious, just minor stuff here and there. In fact, I am waiting for something to happen.'

Of course, Akshay is only joking. He has made a promise to himself after his son Aarav's birth - no more of the dangerous stuff.

In fact, the heart-in-the-mouth derring-do has ceased completely. 'I remember this stunt I had done for Mahesh Bhatt's 'Angaaray' where I had slid from one skyscraper to another on a steel rope. I'd never do that again.'

At the moment Akshay is looking forward to the release of Raj Kanwar's 'Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye' in May and two new projects - Rituparno Ghosh's 'Rahgeer' and Sajid Khan's (choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan's brother) directorial debut to be produced by Sajid Nadiadwala.

'None of these are comedies. I have never worked with Rituparno Ghosh or with PNC (Pritish Nandy Communications) before. It sounded right when Rituparno narrated the subject of 'Rahgeer'. I haven't done anything like 'Rahgeer' before...

Talking about his association with the Sajids, Akshay said: 'Both the Sajids are my friends. I have done two other films - 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' and 'Jaaneman' - with Sajid Nadiadwala. He's a terrific producer. I am looking forward to working with him.

'As for Sajid Khan, he's full of joy and mischief. But there's a sensitive side that people will see in his film.'

Akshay is currently shooting for a new comedy 'Bhaagam Bhaag' with his favourite director Priyadarshan and with Govinda for the first time.

How's the experience of working with Govinda?

'Fine, just fine. I don't have a problem with anybody,' said the new extra-cautious Akshay.

'I'd rather just do my work and talk only when necessary. Even if I've to speak about a film, I first let others have their say and then have my say.'

Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

Kripa_neha IF-Dazzler
Kripa_neha
Kripa_neha

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 6:02am | IP Logged
aawww
thanks
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:39am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing! Smile