India-Forums

Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)
Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

Khandelwal to enter Bollywood

mallika_14 IF-Sizzlerz
mallika_14
mallika_14

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Former Sujal has been signed in the romantic lead by a prestigious banner (considering his several walk-outs from films and serials his life might as well be a soap opera itself)

Rajiv Khandelwal is all set to make a foray into Bollywood. According to sources Rajiv has been offered the title role in a legendary love story from an illustrious banner which produced several romantic hits in the '70s. The banner hopes to make a comeback with Rajiv's film.

The actor, currently in Delhi, is reluctant to reveal details. "I am extremely superstitious about anything that's being planned," he says. "As it is, people keep making premature announcements about me. I shot the pilot for a serial Hum Do Hamare Nau with my former Kahiin To Hoga co-star Amna Sharif and the news was all over the place when nothing had been finalised. Amna had stepped into the pilot at the last minute because of the long-standing professional relationship we share."

Meanwhile three big television houses have approached him for author-backed long-running serials. Rajiv has already narrowed down his choice to two. He's keeping the third on hold.

Rajiv is undecided whether he wants to be the monarch on television (where he's apparently being offered twice the amount that other major television stars get) or he wants to venture into Bollywood.

"There have been offers, both on the small and large screen," he says. "I'm tempted to do at least one of them, since if I am out of sight, I'll soon be out of mind. But I'm not insecure about my future. I've voluntarily stayed away from work for four months. I can comfortably do so for a few more months. This is a crucial time for me. I'm young and fancy free. I'd like to use this period before the next phase in my career to relax, spend time with family and friends and be on my own."

In the past Rajiv has never been daunted by the prospect of taking risks. "When I was out of Kahiin To Hoga I was advised to sign at least one television serial just to stay in the limelight," he says. "But I'm not scared of being in exile. I agree I'm choosy. But now is the time to make up my mind and I have to take a decision about my next assignment shortly."

• I agree I'm choosy. But now is the time to make up my mind

.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:26am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Mohsin IF-Dazzler
Mohsin
Mohsin

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Thx for sharin.... Embarrassed
komalsirwani IF-Sizzlerz