Now, Calcutta as K-stop

anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 2:42am | IP Logged
< name=frm>
City Lights
Now, Calcutta as K-stop
Shweta Tiwari and Cezanne Khan, who play Prerna and Anurag in the popular serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay, shoot in front of Prinsep Ghat on Saturday evening. Picture by Sanjoy Chattopadhyaya

After biggies Yuva, Parineeta and The Namesake, it's time for the Mumbaiyya small screen to fall in love with Calcutta's shooting hot spots. Ektaa Kapoor's Balaji caravan parked itself in the city for the whole of Saturday canning important episodes of Kasautii Zindagii Kay, one of the more popular soaps on STAR Plus.

And just like the Pradeep Sarkar film, which is still running house-full in town, the K-juggernaut halted at places like the Victoria Memorial, the race course and the Prinsep Ghat. But unlike the elaborate Vidhu Vinod Chopra production, the pace of the Kasautii... shoot was zip, zap, zoom.

By the time the team arrived at the Prinsep Ghat, a mini-crowd had gathered to catch their favourite small-screen couple, Anurag and Prerna, in live action. Anurag (Cezanne Khan) and Prerna (Shweta Tiwari) have been ruling the airwaves for some time now and their phuchka-eating stint at the Ghat was proof enough of their immense popularity.

"I know they love me here," said Cezanne. "It's not the first time I am coming to Calcutta. It may sound cliched but I just love the mishti doi. Don't go by my size — I don't diet and I am a voracious eater."

For Shweta, too, the Calcutta leg was something she was looking forward to for a long time, the shoot having been cancelled a couple of times before the date was finalised. After a cursory glance at the script, she went and gorged on the phuchkas even as chants of "Prerna, Prerna" reverberated across the trolley tracks.

But it was Ronit 'Rishabh Bajaj' Roy, who was easily the most wanted man of the moment. Ronit fans at the Ghat finally got to see the Jaan Tere Naam star when he appeared for just one shot. He was, however, missing from the Dakshineswar temple shoot later in the evening.

"It's always great to come back to Calcutta but I could only be part of that one shot on the river. Hopefully, I can have a more substantial role in our next leg here," quipped the man who has made silver-streaked hair a fashion.

In the serial, the Dakshineswar scene is the clincher with all the Kasautii... characters coming to Calcutta to be part of a religious gathering as a tribute to Anurag's father. But the real twist in the tale comes when Bajaj goes into coma and Prerna suffers partial amnesia after a car crash.

The Calcutta episode, to be telecast this Tuesday, is being used by Team Ektaa to bolster the recharged TRPs of Kasautii..., which were dropping till the soap was extended to Fridays.

In fact, Kasautii... became the most-watched show on Friday television on its very first Friday with a staggering TRP of 11.97. "The reason for extending the serial to Friday was the need to strengthen STAR Plus's weekends for the return of Kaun Banega Crorepati on August 5," revealed a STAR spokesperson.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050710/asp/calcutta/story_497 2890.asp

</>

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 2:44am | IP Logged

thank you for sharing

Originally posted by anishma24

in fact, Kasautii... became the most-watched show on Friday television on its very first Friday with a staggering TRP of 11.97.

I didn't know that, that's great!Clap

Edited by psawyer - 01 April 2006 at 2:47am
---Samaira--- IF-Rockerz
---Samaira---
---Samaira---

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:22am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Wink
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:25am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing yaar
madiha_17 IF-Sizzlerz
madiha_17
madiha_17

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Oh wow, the scene look so cute, thnx 4 sharing the article Big smile
thakshila smith IF-Rockerz
thakshila smith
thakshila smith

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 7:11am | IP Logged
This is 2005 story na. anyway thanks to you.
Imzi IF-Sizzlerz
Imzi
Imzi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Thanks
amna malik IF-Addictz
amna malik
amna malik

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:32am | IP Logged
thx

Go to top