Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Globalisation??? what does it mean to u? (Page 2)

datspreets Goldie
datspreets
datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Globalisation means One ordl sorta thig where there are no boundaries for businesses and t/r of technology, machines/ and labour and money.

Yes ir does hodl meanign for me.
It means that i ahve more optiosn vaialble as afr as job is concerned and earnign money is concerned.

Plus beign a commerce student I knwo taht globalisation is teh cause for groth of so many economies includign oyrs..

so it does hold meanignf ro me

Preeti

Signora2 Goldie
Signora2
Signora2

Posted: 06 April 2006 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
IT is the most debated topic in the world and affects us all.
   The concept and meaning of globalsitaion is constantly evolving it began when Columbus took the seas and discovered America, in 2006 it has taken newer meaning, and is here to stay. It is not linear but occurring at all levels
It speaks of a lifestyle that is techno driven and a vision that is modern so that the fruits of economic liberalization take root from one end to the other, shrinking the world as it were.
It has been quite visible in the area of Technology and business. Take the example of Sisedio a Japanese luxury, cosmetics company, it started in Japan where the demand for luxury perfume is in the range of 2-4% but that did not stop the company from buying biggest acquisition in France.
           The best part about Technology is it is used both by Bin Nadal to augment his network and any head of the state through out the world.
globalisation speaks of universal values of dialogue and tolerance a part of cosmopolitan living but not adhered by fundamentalists.
In countries like India where tradition and modernism goes hand in hand it may appear to be IMF or world bank driven but by and large only communist oppose it.     
     The flip side is, the market is increasingly becoming the battle ground where economic wars will be fought . Fight between Mittal and Arcelor is an example where local interests proved detrimental with French Pres terming it as an hostile acquisition by the NRI.
Adding from Freidmans bestsell
r it is a flat world "Wal-Mart doesn't make anything. But they've designed a global delivery system that allows them to deliver their products with that same efficiency_______________" this management despite its shortcomings will be replicated everywhere.
How it touches me- take a walk down the market on festivals, chinese pichakaris and ganesha idols are everywhere, talk of one world one market.     

Go to top