Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

I am calling it quits for a year!

CuteAreej thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I am calling it quits for a year, says Ekta Kapoor
 Faheem Ruhani

Friday, March 31, 2006  22:04 IST

Come June and Indian television will be bereft of saas-bahu sagas…at least for a year! Queen Bee, Ektaa Kapoor made a knee-jerk confession in an interview to After Hours that she intends to take a year-long hiatus for personal reasons.

We first heard the news through a source and after contacting her repeatedly and relentlessly, she let us in on her big news.

"Yes, it's true, I want to move base to New York for a year," she admits. "Actually, in July I'll first take off for a month long trip to Egypt and Europe and then head off to the US." Whoa! Hold it there! Why? "I've been slogging for sooooooo long! And had I planned it in advance, it probably would not have happened. I want to take time off to stand and stare at life."

Before we could bombard her with questions, she adds, "Please don't make it sound like I'm moving away from television forever! It's just a much needed break. The company will carry on with business as usual. In my absence my mom and Nivedita (Basu, who is the Deputy Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms) will be looking after my company.  It's my company, I have taken years to see it where it is today. I can't just give it up all one day on a whim and I'm not."

How did her parents react when she broke the news to them? "To be honest, they weren't completely shocked because they had an idea that I am going to take a big break soon, but they didn't think I would stretch it to 365 days. In fact, some of my close friends weren't shocked at all."

So how does Ektaa, who's used to being one of the busiest women in the country, intend to unwind? "Read at least a hundred books, to begin with!"

i read this in KYPH forum posted by Kuch Kuch hota hai...so thought of sharing with you all!

love, Areej

Edited by CuteAreej - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aromi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
πŸ˜† i read it in ka forum..gosh...laast yr she should have went...
tisshgna thumbnail
finally!!!!!! 😳 😳 ...aaja mera shona......aisi khatirdaari karungi ki zindagi bhar yaad rakhegi 😑 😑 🀒
tisshgna thumbnail
on second thought.......areej r u tryin 2 fool us????.....u didn't made this up????did u?? 😳
RajeevGurtiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing areej.Kash woh phichle saal chali jati. Edited by rajeev the best - 18 years ago
honey425 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thannx a lot for sharing. Maybe now her storylines will start to get better, now that her she will take a break. It's about time that she came back to reality.
shizajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Who Carezzzz.... Ja Mur Ekta !! 🀒 🀒 🀒
kashishdabest thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thats brill, uk is also part of europe, aik baar woh yahaan aa jaye, ohir uske bachnay ke chances nil hain, meri jodi ko alag kardiya, unahy dukh aur takleefain dee, ab dekhti hoon 😑 😑 😑
Thank you so much for sharing Areej di πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ 😊
1 n only-rajeev thumbnail
thanku.....

this is april fool
bhaggu kare she goes in real πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†