I am calling it quits for a year!

CuteAreej IF-Rockerz
CuteAreej
CuteAreej

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

I am calling it quits for a year, says Ekta Kapoor
 Faheem Ruhani

Friday, March 31, 2006  22:04 IST

Come June and Indian television will be bereft of saas-bahu sagas…at least for a year! Queen Bee, Ektaa Kapoor made a knee-jerk confession in an interview to After Hours that she intends to take a year-long hiatus for personal reasons.

We first heard the news through a source and after contacting her repeatedly and relentlessly, she let us in on her big news.

"Yes, it's true, I want to move base to New York for a year," she admits. "Actually, in July I'll first take off for a month long trip to Egypt and Europe and then head off to the US." Whoa! Hold it there! Why? "I've been slogging for sooooooo long! And had I planned it in advance, it probably would not have happened. I want to take time off to stand and stare at life."

Before we could bombard her with questions, she adds, "Please don't make it sound like I'm moving away from television forever! It's just a much needed break. The company will carry on with business as usual. In my absence my mom and Nivedita (Basu, who is the Deputy Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms) will be looking after my company.  It's my company, I have taken years to see it where it is today. I can't just give it up all one day on a whim and I'm not."

How did her parents react when she broke the news to them? "To be honest, they weren't completely shocked because they had an idea that I am going to take a big break soon, but they didn't think I would stretch it to 365 days. In fact, some of my close friends weren't shocked at all."

So how does Ektaa, who's used to being one of the busiest women in the country, intend to unwind? "Read at least a hundred books, to begin with!"

i read this in KYPH forum posted by Kuch Kuch hota hai...so thought of sharing with you all!

love, Areej

Edited by CuteAreej - 31 March 2006 at 11:08pm

aromi IF-Dazzler
aromi
aromi

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
LOL i read it in ka forum..gosh...laast yr she should have went...
tisshgna IF-Dazzler
tisshgna
tisshgna

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
finally!!!!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed ...aaja mera shona......aisi khatirdaari karungi ki zindagi bhar yaad rakhegi Angry Angry Dead
tisshgna IF-Dazzler
tisshgna
tisshgna

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
on second thought.......areej r u tryin 2 fool us????.....u didn't made this up????did u?? Embarrassed
RajeevGurtiFan IF-Sizzlerz
RajeevGurtiFan
RajeevGurtiFan

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing areej.Kash woh phichle saal chali jati.

Edited by rajeev the best - 31 March 2006 at 11:55pm
honey425 Goldie
honey425
honey425

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Thannx a lot for sharing. Maybe now her storylines will start to get better, now that her she will take a break. It's about time that she came back to reality.
shizajaved IF-Rockerz
shizajaved
shizajaved

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 12:20am | IP Logged
LOL LOL LOL Who Carezzzz.... Ja Mur Ekta !! Dead Dead Dead
kashishdabest IF-Stunnerz
kashishdabest
kashishdabest

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged
thats brill, uk is also part of europe, aik baar woh yahaan aa jaye, ohir uske bachnay ke chances nil hain, meri jodi ko alag kardiya, unahy dukh aur takleefain dee, ab dekhti hoon Angry Angry Angry

Go to top