Can Someone please give me the Recipe of Kadha!!

Posted: 12 years ago
Hello friends

I see on and on about one or the other person making Kadha in IPK?

What the heck is this Kadha? From the sound and looks of it in the show, it seems like a bitter home made medicine consisting of pepper, ginger, fenugreek and god alone knows what else.

Can you give me your personal recipes of Kadha and what kind of ailments your version takes care of?

Edited by serialjunkie - 12 years ago
Looks like something worse than chukku kaapi from Arnav's expression when he had a swig of it!

I normally disguise the strong taste of the dry ginger in chukku kaapi with loads...and I mean loads...of sugar😉 Looks like sugar is not added to kadda.

Originally posted by smitar

Looks like something worse than chukku kaapi from Arnav's expression when he had a swig of it!

I normally disguise the strong taste of the dry ginger in chukku kaapi with loads...and I mean loads...of sugar😉 Looks like sugar is not added to kadda.

ok smitar - kerala or tamil nadu? myself a born again and again mallu!
take tulsi leaves, black pepper and ginger and grind it nicely...

boil 2 glasses of water and put the mixture and keep boiling it till it become 1 glass of water...

filter it and drink..

good for cold, cough and sore throat...enjoy the peculiar taste...but if u have it 1 glass itself it is enough ..u will get rid of the above problems

thanks..

tried and benefited
sripriya
😊 okay...this post made me do WHAT THE! in ASR style...but when I peek it...it is definitely useful 😆
Originally posted by serialjunkie

ok smitar - kerala or tamil nadu? myself a born again and again mallu!
Very much Kerala. Right in Trivandrum.
Originally posted by smitar

Very much Kerala. Right in Trivandrum.

hoooya fellow TVMite - Nice to meet you!! Thanks for the recipe, my personal choice of kadha is Rasam.
Originally posted by sripriyan

take tulsi leaves, black pepper and ginger and grind it nicely...

boil 2 glasses of water and put the mixture and keep boiling it till it become 1 glass of water...

filter it and drink..

good for cold, cough and sore throat...enjoy the peculiar taste...but if u have it 1 glass itself it is enough ..u will get rid of the above problems

thanks..

tried and benefited
sripriya

sounds like a very nice tea to me! Tulsi ginger pepper - potent herbs!
Thanks for making this post and thanks to Sripriya for the recipe I'm definitely going to try this one when having cold
please try...it is a must try for all..and the benefits are amazing...

any more receipies on south indian...pm to me...love to share...i have passion in cooking...