Tumhari Disha

Zarina in Cameo Role in Sana debut film

Jaslove IF-Rockerz
Jaslove
Jaslove

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Sana bedridden with workout woes

Sana Panscholi and Rannvijay Singh at the shoot
This week, when Aditya Panscholi and Zarina Wahab's daughter Sana gave her mahurat shot for her debut film, Direct Dil Se (produced by Vivek Vaswani and directed by Nishant) most people were surprised to note that Panscholi wasn't present.

The truth is, Panscholi has been bedridden for the last 10 days, with an injured leg and badly sprained back. Direct Dil Se stars MTV VJ Rannvijay as Sana's co-star.

"I was very disappointed that I could not attend Sana's mahurat shot," says Panscholi. "But for 10 days, I haven't been able to get out of the house. I developed a hamstring injury in my right leg while over-exercising, and when I went to the doctor, he put me on traction and my injury got aggravated further.

Initially, it was only a nagging pain; then I could not move or get up from bed. This is the first time something like this has happened, and it is extremely painful. But Zarina went for the mahurat."

Can't move at all

Adds Vaswani, "It is true that Aditya is unwell and can't move at all. Zarina is doing a cameo in the film. She plays Sana's mother and we were shooting in their house yesterday.

Aditya sent a message saying he can't even get up to meet us. The message said, 'Sir, I will not be able to join you on this great day I have a back and hamstring injury. I wish you and your entire team all the best'.

Why did Panscholi select Vaswani's film for Sana's launchpad? "Neither Zarina nor I selected the film. We were never involved. Vivek approached Sana and she was selected on her own merit.

In fact, Zarina is good friends with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's mother and talks to her everyday, as we live in the same building. She is also close to the Rajshris, but we never pushed Sana anywhere or sent her photos to anybody."

Sana's training

Has his daughter undergone any formal training? "She has learnt Kathak and has also attended Kishore Namit Kapoor's acting classes, besides the Ganesh Acharya Dance Academy," he says.

Does his son also want to be an actor? "Sooraj is only 15 and too young to even think about any profession."

*Guli* IF-Stunnerz
*Guli*
*Guli*

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
thanx jaanu!
~LiNa~ IF-Rockerz
~LiNa~
~LiNa~

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 12:07am | IP Logged
thx jaslove!
silk opal Goldie
silk opal
silk opal

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 12:56am | IP Logged

Oh that's terribleDead. He could not attend sana's mahurat.

good luck, sana...diretc dil se.Big smile

Thks for posting, jas.

maja Goldie
maja
maja

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Thanks for posting Jaslove. Wish Aditya a quick recovary and all the best to Sana for her newly started career...
nsa4657 IF-Dazzler
nsa4657
nsa4657

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Thanks!
Pachu.P IF-Sizzlerz
Pachu.P
Pachu.P

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Thnx Jaanu!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top