Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka

A nice ride till now - DARA SINGH

currentchaos Goldie
currentchaos
currentchaos

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Interview of the week

With his first film King Kong in 1962, Dara Singh established himself as  a strong screen presence and shot to fame. He became one of the most sought after wrestlers of Bollywood in the years to come. Dara Singh also did many character roles, the most memorable one being the role of Amitabh's father in the Manmohan Desai directed film Mard. However, muscle man Dara Singh shot to more fame when he essayed the role of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's popular television serial Ramayan.

Though quite old, Dara Singh played the role to perfection and people started identifying him as Hanuman. He then started doing more of serials and gained popularity. Television sees the return of the legend courtesy the serial, Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka where Dara Singh plays Nimmo's dadaji. A down to earth, soft-spoken person in real life, Vamshee Krishna interviewed the legend who was more than willing to share his views with us.

Tell us about your role in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka?
I play Nimmo's grandfather in the serial. The two of them share a special relationship. I am the indulgent grandfather whom Nimmo consults for any important decision in her life. I represent the elderly image of the family.

You have had an eventful journey, from wrestling to movies to TV soaps. How does it feel?
It has been a nice ride till now. I have experienced a lot right from the beginning. I loved what I did in all the movies I featured in. I also have fond memories of the serial Had Kar Di where I played the role of an adorable Dadaji. Any role that comes to me has to appeal to me.

You have consistently been seen as a grandfather on the small screen. Why is it so?
Well you have to take into consideration the fact that I am an old man (laughs). I am a grandfather myself in real life. These type of roles suit me and as long as I feel I look and feel the part, I will continue to deliver good performances as a grandfather.

Have you signed any movies of late?
I have signed a film called Marathon. It is a women oriented movie that will get completed in about six months I guess. The film has sports as its main theme. I loved the role they offered me. I am proud to be associated with this film because of its orientation towards sports.

How does it feel to be a legend in the industry?
Everyone respects me. I feel I have earned the respect that people show towards me and that feeling always brings a smile on my face. I am blessed to have been a part of the film as well as television fraternity.

Any plans of coming to Hyderabad?
I have been to Hyderabad quite a number of times but those visits were purely business trips. I have done a lot of action shoots in the city. of course I would love to visit the city. I have heard it's changed a lot. I will be there for sure... someday. I like the city and the people.

fm05 IF-Sizzlerz
fm05
fm05

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Thx for sharing! Big smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top