Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

Ashish mobbed in London

currentchaos Goldie
currentchaos
currentchaos

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
   Saturday, April 01, 2006

It is only after his trip to London that Ashish Nayyar has discovered how popular he really is. The actor who plays the character of DK in Tumhari Disha on Zee TV was taken back on being mobbed by fans in London where he had gone to attend the channel's annual carnival."It was such an overwhelming experience. People were falling out of the barricades when they saw me. It was just out of the world," says an elated Ashish.

"Tumhari Disha is the oldest running serial and DK, the character is pretty big. People from Norway and different parts of Europe had come down to see me. They kept on thanking me and telling me that they see India through my eyes. These are the people who have settled abroad for the past few decades. Its through Zee TV and the serial that they feel India", he adds further.

The Zee carnival is held everywhere in different places around the world. But this was for the first time that it was held in London. "I realised that Zee TV is a bigger than any other channel in London," says Ashish adding further, "It was held for a period of three days. And the response was amazing. It was a good platform to meet our fans abroad. There it seemed like another world. Thousands of people travelled a big distance to meet us. And I realised there were so many fans of DK around the world, most of them were NRIs coupled with a few whites"

Along with Ashish , Rajashri Thakur who plays Saloni in Saat Phere, actors Arjun Rampal, Rani Mukherjee and singer Shaan were also a part of the same carnival. On asked about the new found stardom that television has given him, he says, "Television has definitely come up in a big way in the last couple of years. Ten years back, there were not too many serials. But now the reach of the medium is really very big"

What about the rumours that he is getting married soon? "I would like to keep it a very private thing. I am simple and I like to lead the life of a normal man. There are discussions but I won't be able to divulge details about when, who etc, When it happens you will come to know," he explains. So now that he is a star what about his female fans who are going to be heart broken by this move of his? "I wish I could marry each one of them," says a jovial Ashish.

For starters, Ashish is an MBA in marketing who realised that his calling lies in acting. He has done theatre, ad films and serials like Kehna Hai Kuch Mujhko. But his first starring role is that of DK in Tumhari Disha.  And his future plans? "I am very business minded. I have a resort in Goa and I have plans to open another one soon and also continue doing good work as an actor," he signs off

hello98 IF-Dazzler
hello98
hello98

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the information....DK lives in our hearts....nice to know that Ashish appreciates the place he has.
harsy IF-Dazzler
harsy
harsy

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the info currentchaos...

Sooooo he is very very very very very (U all must be thinking why Jyo is using these many Very's....it shows how much happy AN must be) Wink happy about visiting UK n meeting all his fans.... Smile He is a MBA degree holder....i didnt knew that...So he is a business minded....and ready to start another resort..All the best MR.Nayyar.... Clap Clap Clap Looks like he wants to keep low profile..... Confused

mona05 IF-Dazzler
mona05
mona05

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
thanks for the article...

Good to know he appreciates the admiration showered on him by the fans.
~LiNa~ IF-Rockerz
~LiNa~
~LiNa~

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Ashis has always been popular with the ladies! LOL
Looks like the poor soul has just realised that!
currentchaos Goldie
currentchaos
currentchaos

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
welcome sweeties ...

Cheers,
Aditi
Jaslove IF-Rockerz
Jaslove
Jaslove

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
thanks for the news Big smile