Originally posted by vinit_fan

for the first time we did agree to something ....hain na rage bhaiya??? Wink

lol but not for the last time sisWink

sp_2012 IF-Dazzler
sp_2012
sp_2012

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by i1945

Although both Himani and Nihira are excellent singers, Himani may not be able to succeed as a mainstream singer because of her lower vocal pitch. She may be considered in the same league as Richa Sharma, to sing mostly situational solos. All mainstream female singers, Lata, Asha, Alka, Anuradha, Kavita, Chitra, Mahalakshmi, Madhushree, Shreya Ghoshal have vast vocal range needed to sing variety of solo and duet songs. All duets to sing with male singers like Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam, Babul Supria, Kunal Ganjavala generally require much higher vocal range than what Himani seems to offer.

On the other hand Nihira Joshi has demonstrated full vocal range which is essential to be a versatile singer similar to above. As such, Nihira definitely has a great potential to succeed as a mainstream female singer.

Sinidhi has a low voice.Smile

X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:28am | IP Logged
How can anyone compare them. Himani is not worth comparing to Nihira. Nihira is far better than Himani.
X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:32am | IP Logged
NIHIRA Rockzzzz
saregama Goldie
saregama
saregama

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

I agree with you Amogh.....But donot pay heed to any of the Himani fans.

These Himani fans are so obsessed by Himani, that they just go on comparing with singer Like Nihira to Himani  and they cannot accept the fact that Nihira is better then Himani. So leave them alone and Let us get into some better work to do and be proud of Nihira that today she is the only contestant who is getting offer from MD like Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. These Himani fans are not intelligent enough to understand all this. And that is only the reason why I dont feel like writing good things about Himani although she is a fine singer. But She is not that good. Atleast not to the level of Nihira. Some people know this but some people doesnot understand this. But some people, although they understand this, they are so possessive about their favorites that they cant accept the actual facts.

Nihira is going to be the next Legend with lots of awards in her bags. She has already won some musical awards. Now she would win big awards like Filmfare awards, national awards etc.

Edited by saregama - 01 April 2006 at 1:27pm
meenagera Senior Member
meenagera
meenagera

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by i1945

Although both Himani and Nihira are excellent singers, Himani may not be able to succeed as a mainstream singer because of her lower vocal pitch. She may be considered in the same league as Richa Sharma, to sing mostly situational solos. All mainstream female singers, Lata, Asha, Alka, Anuradha, Kavita, Chitra, Mahalakshmi, Madhushree, Shreya Ghoshal have vast vocal range needed to sing variety of solo and duet songs. All duets to sing with male singers like Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam, Babul Supria, Kunal Ganjavala generally require much higher vocal range than what Himani seems to offer.

On the other hand Nihira Joshi has demonstrated full vocal range which is essential to be a versatile singer similar to above. As such, Nihira definitely has a great potential to succeed as a mainstream female singer.

I fully agree with u.  Nihira is next superstarClap
corvallisi Senior Member
corvallisi
corvallisi

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
I sincerely feel that Nihira is a singer of a different level than Himani. I have said this in many other topics. She is far better that any female contestant of SRGMP 2005 show. But the question "who will succeed more" does not end with the quality of singing. I have said this time and again that the Hindi movie industry is controlled by people from other regions and they will not allow any Marathi artist to succeed. From this perspective, I think Himani will be made more popular and all future male and female and "it" songs in Hindi movies will be sung by her.

Go to top