jingle
jingle

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Vikram Bawa / DNA 
Soap sickness: Ekta Kapoor.

Print Article
Most Emailed Articles   RSS Feed
Search This Site  
< name=searchDtls1 =http://www.dnaindia.com/SearchContents.asp?catID=search&pagenum=1 method=post>
< = value=DNA name=searchCategory>
</>

I am calling it quits for a year, says Ekta Kapoor

Faheem Ruhani
Friday, March 31, 2006  22:04 IST

Come June and Indian television will be bereft of saas-bahu sagas…at least for a year! Queen Bee, Ektaa Kapoor made a knee-jerk confession in an interview to After Hours that she intends to take a year-long hiatus for personal reasons.

We first heard the news through a source and after contacting her repeatedly and relentlessly, she let us in on her big news.

"Yes, it's true, I want to move base to New York for a year," she admits. "Actually, in July I'll first take off for a month long trip to Egypt and Europe and then head off to the US." Whoa! Hold it there! Why? "I've been slogging for sooooooo long! And had I planned it in advance, it probably would not have happened. I want to take time off to stand and stare at life."

Before we could bombard her with questions, she adds, "Please don't make it sound like I'm moving away from television forever! It's just a much needed break. The company will carry on with business as usual. In my absence my mom and Nivedita (Basu, who is the Deputy Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms) will be looking after my company.  It's my company, I have taken years to see it where it is today. I can't just give it up all one day on a whim and I'm not."

How did her parents react when she broke the news to them? "To be honest, they weren't completely shocked because they had an idea that I am going to take a big break soon, but they didn't think I would stretch it to 365 days. In fact, some of my close friends weren't shocked at all."

So how does Ektaa, who's used to being one of the busiest women in the country, intend to unwind? "Read at least a hundred books, to begin with!"

function GetCookie(cookieName) { if(document.cookie) { var index = document.cookie.indexOf(cookieName); if (index != -1) { var countbegin = (document.cookie.indexOf(cookieName+"=", index) + 1); var countend = document.cookie.indexOf(";", index); if (countend == -1) { countend = document.cookie.length; } return document.cookie.substring(countbegin + cookieName.length, countend); } } return null; } function init(){ article_id = 1021321 document.cookie = "DNA=1"; cookies_enabled = GetCookie("DNA") rating_msg_div = document.getElementById("rating_msg") rating_stars_div = document.getElementById("rating_stars") rating_bubble_div = document.getElementById("rating_bubble") average_rating_div = document.getElementById("average_rating") average_rating_img_obj = document.getElementById("average_rating_img") if (document.images){ img_obj1 = new Image(); img_obj2 = new Image(); img_red = "http://www.dnaindia.com/images/rating_star_red.gif"; img_white = "http://www.dnaindia.com/images/rating_star_white.gif"; img_obj1.src = img_red; img_obj2.src = img_white; } star1 = document.getElementById("str1") star2 = document.getElementById("str2") star3 = document.getElementById("str3") star4 = document.getElementById("str4") star5 = document.getElementById("str5") } function setColor(star, myRating){ switch (myRating){ case "1": star1.src=img_red; star2.src=img_white; star3.src=img_white; star4.src=img_white; star5.src=img_white; break; case "2": star1.src=img_red; star2.src=img_red; star3.src=img_white; star4.src=img_white; star5.src=img_white; break; case "3": star1.src=img_red; star2.src=img_red; star3.src=img_red; star4.src=img_white; star5.src=img_white; break; case "4": star1.src=img_red; star2.src=img_red; star3.src=img_red; star4.src=img_red; star5.src=img_white; break; case "5": star1.src=img_red; star2.src=img_red; star3.src=img_red; star4.src=img_red; star5.src=img_red; break; default : star1.src=img_white; star2.src=img_white; star3.src=img_white; star4.src=img_white; star5.src=img_white; } } function resetColor(star, myRating){ star1.src=img_white; star2.src=img_white; star3.src=img_white; star4.src=img_white; star5.src=img_white; } function sendRating(star, myRating){ if (cookies_enabled == 0){ alert("To be able to rate this article, please enable your browser to accept HTTP cookies."); exit; } rating_msg_div.innerHTML=" Wait..."; rating_stars_div.style.display="none"; rating_bubble_div.style.display="none"; if (window.ActiveXObject) { HttpSendRating = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } else { HttpSendRating = new XMLHttpRequest; } SendMyRatingUrl = encodeURI("http://www.dnaindia.com/rating.asp?NewsID="+artic le_id+"&rating="+myRating); HttpSendRating.open("get", SendMyRatingUrl, true); HttpSendRating.setRequestHeader('Content-Type','application/ x-www-form-urlencoded'); HttpSendRating.onreadystatechange = HandleHttpSendMyRating; HttpSendRating.send(null); } function HandleHttpSendMyRating() { if (HttpSendRating.readyState == 4) { document.cookie=1021321+"=1;EXPIRES="+getexpirydate(30); latest_rating=HttpSendRating.responseText rating_msg_div.innerHTML="Thank you for rating this article"; if(latest_rating!=null){ average_rating_div.innerHTML=latest_rating; average_rating_img_obj.width=latest_rating*14; } rating_stars_div.style.display="none"; rating_bubble_div.style.display="block"; } rating_stars_div.style.display="none"; rating_bubble_div.style.display="block"; } function getexpirydate(nodays){ var UTCstring; Today = new Date(); nomilli=Date.parse(Today); Today.setTime(nomilli+nodays*24*60*60*1000); UTCstring = Today.toUTCString(); return UTCstring; }
Be the first to rate this article!

Bittersweet Senior Member
Bittersweet
Bittersweet

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Thanks!! From the title of ur topic tho..i thought it was referringto Eijaz! Thank God..if he went on break for a year, I dont know what I would do
LOL
fm05 IF-Sizzlerz
fm05
fm05

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Big smile Gd for her...let her unwind..i'm hoping this means better creative decisions are made in her absence Tongue now tht the reigns are being handed over to her mom but Nivedita is still Dead wen its cums to creativity so cant be too hopeful! LOL Bwt thx for the article!Big smile

Edited by pardesi-mem - 31 March 2006 at 11:56am
henna16 IF-Rockerz
henna16
henna16

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
thanxx for the article Tongue
i fought E was eijo then aswel LOL Embarrassed
thankk gods its not him Wink Tongue
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:20pm | IP Logged