Quitting for a year- Ekta Kapoor!

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
I am calling it quits for a year, says Ekta Kapoor
Faheem Ruhani
Friday, March 31, 2006  22:04 IST

Come June and Indian television will be bereft of saas-bahu sagas…at least for a year! Queen Bee, Ektaa Kapoor made a knee-jerk confession in an interview to After Hours that she intends to take a year-long hiatus for personal reasons.

We first heard the news through a source and after contacting her repeatedly and relentlessly, she let us in on her big news.

"Yes, it's true, I want to move base to New York for a year," she admits. "Actually, in July I'll first take off for a month long trip to Egypt and Europe and then head off to the US." Whoa! Hold it there! Why? "I've been slogging for sooooooo long! And had I planned it in advance, it probably would not have happened. I want to take time off to stand and stare at life."

Before we could bombard her with questions, she adds, "Please don't make it sound like I'm moving away from television forever! It's just a much needed break. The company will carry on with business as usual. In my absence my mom and Nivedita (Basu, who is the Deputy Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms) will be looking after my company.  It's my company, I have taken years to see it where it is today. I can't just give it up all one day on a whim and I'm not."

How did her parents react when she broke the news to them? "To be honest, they weren't completely shocked because they had an idea that I am going to take a big break soon, but they didn't think I would stretch it to 365 days. In fact, some of my close friends weren't shocked at all."

So how does Ektaa, who's used to being one of the busiest women in the country, intend to unwind? "Read at least a hundred books, to begin with!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yogesh_gaurip thumbnail
iz this true or another joke
yogesh
Lady In Pink thumbnail
OMG....Kekta needs a break to think abt new ideas πŸ˜†
πŸ˜‰
Honestly I think after she so much of hard work, she deserves a break 😊
Thanks for Sharing Sukhi di. πŸ˜ƒ
ronitfan thumbnail
Yes it IS true..no joking!
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hope Ekta is not playing a prank on us.

If she is really going away i hope she comes back with a bunch of new ideas and storylines.

ronitfan thumbnail
Same here Pinky. Ekta says she's gonna read a 100 books- she'll get 1000 ideas- let's hope they are all good;)

LOL! πŸ˜†
indiaforums1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah, I hope too that her experience abroad, specially her stay in USA, will yield some new storylines.

Have fun Ekta!

sukhi, just wondering, where is the source citation? πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the article.
ronitfan thumbnail
Arre could not give the link yaar..it's from dnaindia.com.
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: ronitfan

Same here Pinky. Ekta says she's gonna read a 100 books- she'll get 1000 ideas- let's hope they are all good;)

LOL! πŸ˜†

Lets keep our fingers crossed, and if it works she should go for 6 months every year then.

Edited by pinkykhan - 18 years ago
mehak.S thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
teh media is playing a joke dont fall for it last time media did with abhiujeet having affair with jassi now it's ekta guys dont fall for it