India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Akshay Kumar looking for versatile roles

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 10:28am | IP Logged
He kept cameras on him at the Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai. Akshay Kumar may be awaiting the release of Raj Kanwar's Humko Deewana Kar Gaye next month but he is more caught up right now with the nitty-gritty of arranging for his forthcoming world tour, Heat, which he leaves for on April 5.

So, you are off on your world tour?

Yes, I am. This one is going to be different. I have done over 300 stage shows but I still get stage fright. The stage is so different from the grease. It's all about one take. It's like coming out of a war. This time, I will be accompanied by Saif Ali Khan, Sushmita Sen, Preity Zinta and Celina Jaitey.

What will be the USP of the tour?

We will cover 12 cities in USA, UK and Canada. This time we have decided to interact with the crowd. Usually, you perform and leave. I will also be singing this time. There will be a section called Blast From The Past where we will sing our old songs. It's all about the actors this time and this is one reason why we are not taking any comedian or singers.

Coming to Humko Deewana Kar Gaye. Raj Kanwar says it shows a different Akshay Kumar. Comment.

The difference lies in the script. We have all seen love stories but this film takes off from a point when a couple is in love and explores what happens when one of them falls in love with someone else. That's the film. It is inspired by a real life story of a couple from Toronto who are now happily married. There is a slice of life in the film. I am a very romantic guy (it has to be, the film's title says it all - Humko Deewana Kar Gaye). Yet, he is full of pragmatism.

Does the film have a message?

Yes. It is a very real film. Love is something that is not in your hand. When you fall in love, you fall in love. You can't help it. What do you do? Yes, there is a thing called commitment, but commitment can be done in business, not in matters of heart.

You did Andaaz with Kanwar. How is he as a director?

The best part about him is that he has very deep-rooted Indian values. There is no compromise on that. In Humko Deewana Kar Gaye cinematographer Vikas Sivraman ably supports him. The film has a different look and has been shot amazingly.

What about your co-stars?

Katrina suits the role of a girl born and brought up abroad. She has the same background in real life and she has done a great job. Bipasha is wonderful. I think she has come out of her sexy image. I mean, the media gives all these tags. I know how difficult it is to come out of that. I have faced the same situation. But it's all about taking a risk. Doing comedy was a risk, but it has paid off.

Are you doing Rituparno Ghosh's Guide remake?

Let me clarify, Raahgir is not a Guide remake. I don't how this notion spread. Yes, I am excited about working with Rituparno. I have never done an offbeat film before. This year I have Phir Hera Pheri and Jaaneman coming up.

Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 10:31am | IP Logged
thx
Destiny007 IF-Dazzler
Destiny007
Destiny007

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
tfs
niki79 IF-Dazzler
niki79