Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Moonmoon's spiritual awakening

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Moonmoon

Three months ago, a chance encounter with a New Delhi-based spiritual teacher changed telly actress Moonmoon's life.

It has not only made her turn towards spirituality, but also given her immense peace of mind. Moonmoon has now given up non-vegetarian food, including eggs.

Thinking aloud

"Certain things were just not happening and there was this phase in my life when I was thinking a lot," says Moonmoon, who is seen as Sampada in Star Plus daily Kasautii Zindagi Kay. It was actor Ashish Kaul who put her on to this person in New Delhi.

"I have not even met this person. Ashish just said, try talking to him. And the person started telling me everything I was going through. It may sound strange or filmy but is true. He told me certain mantras that I should chant throughout the day, to find inner peace."

Fish tales

Fifteen days later, Moonmoon was a new self. "I felt content with myself and the things around me. It provided me with great peace of mind. As for the decision to go vegetarian, it was playing on my mind.

"I come from a typical Bengali family, where fish is an integral part of our meal. Fish is something we have been brought up on. But suddenly, I was engulfed with this feeling that why are we eating stuff that involves killing a life? The bird flu only added to that."

Moonmoon has now completely given up non-veg food. "Initially, it was difficult as my entire family is comprised of hardcore non-veg eaters.

But it was my decision and I was determined. I don't even consume pastries and cakes with eggs. Tiramisu is my favourite dessert, and now I have learnt to survive without it. I am into all kind of veggies now; stuff I never ate, like broccoli, tofu and mushrooms."

She also intends to extend support to animal support groups. "I have decided never to consume non-veg food again, for the rest of my life," says Moonmoon, who is also shooting for Krimson Skies, slated to air on Star One.

umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 05 April 2006 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing!!! Wink
AnGeLeYeZz Goldie
AnGeLeYeZz
AnGeLeYeZz

Posted: 05 April 2006 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
thanks
missspriyaaa Goldie
missspriyaaa