Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

AB and IIFA

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 9:44am | IP Logged

Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan is the brand ambassador for the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards and has always taken his job very seriously.

So, despite his hectic schedule he made time to check out the voting process of the awards at the J W Marriott yesterday.

But what struck us most about this visit about how 'with it' he is. Dressed in the uber cool white shirt and blue jeans combo.

And wearing Aviators. Although he did perch them on his head and replace them with cool reading glasses at a point.

Sixty-plus and he's a complete rock star.

How does he do it?

Akki: Dost ho to aisa

Akshay Kumar
We all know that Akshay Kumar and producer Firoz Nadiadwala are good friends and needless to Akki features in most of his films.

We also know that Akki is not that big party animal — he goes to bed at 10 when not shooting (these are his words, not ours!). But Akki definitely values his friendship with Firoz.

Along with several stars, Akki made it a point to attend Firoz's brother Mushtaq's wedding reception last week.

The Khiladi actor was the only star to even attend the mehdi function a day earlier. He not only met the groom and the bride but also the parents. What can we say but dost ho to aisa!

Shekhar Suman with wife Alka and Dr Mukesh Batra
Shekhar's all for a cause

Shekhar Suman and his wife, Alka, inaugurated a photography exhibition and sale by Dr Mukesh Batra.

Held at Kitab Mahal, Fort, for his contribution  to raise funds for The Happy Home and School for Blind.

Also lending support to the cause was yesteryear actress, Reena Roy.

Madhur's arm candy

Rimmi Sen and Madhur Bhandarkar
Looks like Madhur Bhandarkar hasn't had enough. After getting mired in a controversy, courtesy Preetti Jaiin, he was supposed to maintain a safe distance from all actresses including starlets.

We spotted Rimmi Sen sauntering around the director at a lot of social dos.

The latest being at a wedding where Sen was the only company that Bhandarkar treated himself to.

If sources are to be believed Sen is trying her best to impress the director who is in the process of finalising the leading lady for his forthcoming film Signal.

When we quizzed her on that she said, "No, I'm not a part of Signal." Anyways, aasli baat to bhagwan hi jaane.

And the award goes to…..!!

Babul Supriyo at the Kodak Theatre in the US
What on earth is singer Babul Supriyo up to with an Oscar statuette in hand? Let's clear the air.

On his recent visit to the US he visited the Kodak theatre in Los Angeles — just a day prior to the Oscars.

"It was quite amusing more than anything else. I was the only visitor there enjoying the opportunity to pose with the Oscar," laughs Babul.

The singer is confident that someone from Bollywood will actually take home the trophy. "Some of our films today are truly world class," he says.

Neha's a gadget prick

Neha Dhupia
We have already heard about gadget freak Bolly actors (read Sanjay Dutt and Zayed Khan). Here's a dope on a gadget prick, meaning an individual who just can't have her way with gizmos.

Neha Dhupia is getting weary these days for causing unintentional disaster with her household goods. It was an expensive music system first, then the laptop and gradually the hand set conked off.

Says Dhupia who has just shifted to her new apartment in Bandra, "I just can't help it. Gadgets and me? We don't get along well. That's why I keep myself away from any such machines. Even my new apartment has the usual household appliances and nothing fancy. I know I shall spoil them very soon."

Aisa Des Hain Mera to replace Idol 2

Aisa Des Hain Mera
Producer Manish Goswami would like to keep it under wraps but from what we hear (from others, not him obviously!) about his new soap, Aisa Des Hain Mera, on Sony is this.

It will air from April 24 and will replace Indian Idol 2. It is a saga spanning three generations to be shot in London (they are presently shooting there), South Africa and Punjab.

Written and directed by Lekh Tandon, the show is contemporary but at the same time will take the viewers into a nostalgic journey into the past. It revolves around Rusty who lives alone in South Africa.

She bumps into Randheer , an Indian who is searching for his daughter. Randheer realises that Rusty is actually his daughter which takes her to India to discover her roots.

The cast includes Kanwaljeet, Naresh Suri, Pawan Shankar and Dolly Minhaz among others.
Raza's Bollywood

Q What would you call Juhi Chawla if she opens a tea-stall?
A
Juhi Chai-wala.

niki79 IF-Dazzler
niki79
niki79

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
tfs
Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
thx